Here we go! | Page 13 | Vital Football

Here we go!

No deal looks highly likely.

Johnson set to address the nation at some point in the next couple of weeks to announce no deal and blame the French.

For once, I actually don't think he'll be lying.

Sir Francis Walsingham, Elizabeth I's principal secretary and paymaster once said "It is safer to have them as enemies than as friends"

Johnson set to address the nation at some point in the next couple of weeks to announce no deal and blame the French.

Sir Francis Walsingham, Elizabeth I's principal secretary and paymaster once said "It is safer to have them as enemies than as friends"
Currently watching a French cop series on dvd. Fuck me they have some dodgy characters in that country. Police know how to handle themselves though. Fit em up or beat em up. Shit hot at both.

...and Dutch, Danish, Germans and the rest. To think Macron is pushing this conversation unilaterally is probably mistaken.

It's somewhat symbolic the French sticking the knife into the UK's aspirations, what with our connection to the mainland through the Chunnel; but they're speaking for the 27 with their demands.

...and Dutch, Danish, Germans and the rest. To think Macron is pushing this conversation unilaterally is probably mistaken.

It's somewhat symbolic the French sticking the knife into the UK's aspirations, what with our connection to the mainland through the Chunnel; but they're speaking for the 27 with their demands.
Tell em to get fucked

Well, tough shit. Its a divorce and some folk don't take these kind of situations without getting their own back.

In any case, this was regarding your comment a no-deal is the fault of of the EU: patently that is untrue, its the 17.4m scaredy cats and their ignorance of the very fact leaving would cost us.

Easiest deal in history..........

No. That was the EEC, we never had a say in whether we joined the EU. That was signed up to by John Major in 1992.

Facts rock.

You make me laugh 👍👍

Yes facts rock all the time not just when u feel like cherry picking. If you remember- after black Wednesday UK made its own agreement over maastricht which joined the EU but not the single currency.

But there was no referendum. But if you are arguing this line, why wont u accept another vote on the actual deal? Is that cos your side of the argument is an incoherent ramble of policies?

You make me laugh 👍👍

Yes facts rock all the time not just when u feel like cherry picking. If you remember- after black Wednesday UK made its own agreement over maastricht which joined the EU but not the single currency.

But there was no referendum. But if you are arguing this line, why wont u accept another vote on the actual deal? Is that cos your side of the argument is an incoherent ramble of policies?

FFS.
I'm old enough to remember this being tried in parliament. A People's Parliament, a Government of National Unity, a citizens assembly (with no deal taken off the table), a 2nd referendum, or just give up pretending to be democratic completely, and revoke Article 50 and Letwin with 'Super Saturday' [sic].
We then saw the Benn-Burt act Withdrawal agreement(drafted by EU lawyers) which was galactically stupid to everybody who had ever had any dealings in deal-making, except remainers.
We now have pig's breakfast of conflicting legislation (internal market bill), all bought about by the remain cohort on all sides of parliament. These are the very people screaming we'll be breaking international law and lamenting no-deal or a bad deal, which was of their making.
Will they own it? Will they chuff.