Head teacher threatens "racist" label to school record if 8 year olds don't attend Islamic workshop | Page 2 | Vital Football

Head teacher threatens "racist" label to school record if 8 year olds don't attend Islamic workshop

I think everyone needs to tolerant of other people's religion and culture and anyone who isn't should be brutally murdered in front of their family as an example to those who are intolerant.

gator - 24/11/2013 01:51

BodyButter - 23/11/2013 16:47

What do you think we should do to her Gator? Is Guantanamo Bay too much?
haha burnt at the stake.

That's a great idea. Hundreds of women throughout history were taught the compassion and love of Christianity through burning at the stake. If it worked for them...

BodyButter - 23/11/2013 16:54

gator - 24/11/2013 01:51

BodyButter - 23/11/2013 16:47

What do you think we should do to her Gator? Is Guantanamo Bay too much?
haha burnt at the stake.

That's a great idea. Hundreds of women throughout history were taught the compassion and love of Christianity through burning at the stake. If it worked for them...
Exactly mate i'm not just a pretty face you know.

All Witch's should be burnt at the stake again but then again if you take away the w and replace with b not so many would slip the net.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 23/11/2013 13:20

It's not even Racism. Islam is not a race, it's a belief. She should be fired just for being stupid, never mind anything else.

well said mate :1:

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 23/11/2013 14:20

It's not even Racism. Islam is not a race, it's a belief. She should be fired just for being stupid, never mind anything else.

According to the UN racism is defined as abuse or disadvantage to a person or group of people because of their nationality, race, colour or religion. I'm not saying it's correct but that's how the UN see things and as such I suspect, if a court case was tried, racism would include religion, not just ethnicity/nationality. I suspect this is due to the Jewish situation where any Jew can claim an automatic right to Isreali nationality.

It could also be because the UN is better known as United Nonsense because in reality they are about as useful in world affairs as my left tit.

No wonder people shoot at their peacekeepers and only the UN would insist they can't shoot back lol

We'll investigate everything, even the things they don't want us to.....when they let us, give us passage, promise to protect us and show us what we want to see as long as it tallies with what they want us to see.

Is it any surprise they don't get racism and think beliefism is the same thing. I suppose they think sexism is the same ageism.

They probably even think the EU is democratic.

Oh absolutely Mike but sadly they are the people in a position to influence law making, not you or I. Personally I don't get the concept of being of a certain religion and thus able to claim a nationality, surely that vey concept is descriminatory.

Villan Of The North - 23/11/2013 23:05

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 23/11/2013 14:20

According to the UN racism is defined as abuse or disadvantage to a person or group of people because of their nationality, race, colour or religion. I'm not saying it's correct but that's how the UN see things and as such I suspect, if a court case was tried, racism would include religion, not just ethnicity/nationality. I suspect this is due to the Jewish situation where any Jew can claim an automatic right to Isreali nationality.

That's what I love about this place; you learn something new every day. I wasn't aware of this, and don't really get it either.

stupid headteacher. Of course teaching about other religions is important, so why don't they just say that instead of making ridiculous threats.

Or teach no religions and let the kids parents decide!

There, simple, I've fixed things again.

She has now apologised and retracted what she said in the original letter apparently.

She had no choice. How could she sustain that stance? It shows the total arrogance of the person.

I expect there is more to the story than is being reported though. Why would she risk all that bad publicity and her career for that? I'm not defending her actions because they were incredibly stupid but it wouldn't surprise me if in the entire context of the story it might make more sense - perhaps the parents were refusing to allow their kids to learn about another religion or something like that (it is in the curriculum)?