Has to be a joke surely? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Has to be a joke surely?

Watching the celebrations at Fulham tonight they have just been promoted to the Premiership, crowd lifting players etc....

Won fuck all yet, I would still rather be playing Derby but Fulham were back on form tonight.

I just cannot see JT wanting to celebrate winning tommorrow other than the oligatory fist pump and clapping the fans let alone being carried off the pitch on fans shoulders. I imagine he would be horrified by the thought.

If we see it through tomorrow what a statement it would now be if the fans are roaring the players off after them doing the normal post match clapping of fans.

Just wondered if we were on any sort of suspended action after the Fa cup game v Baggies in 2015.

At the time, well a couple of months after the game, we were fined £200 grand and 'severely' warned about our future conduct whatever that means. So nothing looming , but lets not give anyone the chance to bring sanctions .

Was it really? £200 000 ... Good grief! It's ok for those who are wanting to be small time and get on the pitch, it doesn't cost them. It blinking well should if it is that much money!

Think it's inevitable really.

Fulham fans invaded the pitch last night.
Shrewsbury fans invaded the pitch following their win over Charlton on Sunday.
Reading fans invaded the pitch after beating Fulham in last years playoff semi.

Just seems to be a standard thing, and pretending we're too big for it is a bit silly... we've not been big for over a decade.

We are currently small time though. Time to stop pretending we're still a top 6 prem club.

Yep.

I’m not really arsed about an invasion, it’ll be great to sing oasis/silver lining in the stands but I don’t mind people enjoying the moment and running on the pitch which as said above, seems to be quite the norm nowadays. No harm done.

Think it's inevitable really.

Fulham fans invaded the pitch last night.
Shrewsbury fans invaded the pitch following their win over Charlton on Sunday.
Reading fans invaded the pitch after beating Fulham in last years playoff semi.

Just seems to be a standard thing, and pretending we're too big for it is a bit silly... we've not been big for over a decade.

Can't speak for anyone else but I am not saying we are too big for it at all. What I'm saying is, yes it's great to get through (hopefully) but to over celebrate getting through to what is effectively a last game decider is not right. The fact that it's at Wembley makes it nowadays default pitch invasion time. But when you strip it down to what it is it's no different to winning the second to last game of the season giving you a chance to win and be promoted on the last day!.

Bare facts are, win tonight and it's two thirds job done. No more no less. And hand on heart, (maybe it's my age and 36 years of following football) but I would feel like this if we we playing in a national league play off semi final. I'll be roaring my head off tonight if we go through but running on and carrying the players off, nah not for me.

Don't get me wrong, I wont be running on and I agree, we've acheived nothing until we win at Wembley so its a bit daft.

What I'm saying is that everyone seems to do it. It's standard practice, and to pretend we're above it all coz we used to be good once upon a time is a bit silly I think.

I don't agree with it, but it will happen and I dont think we'll look particularly silly because everyone else is doing it.

I also don't think we'll get fined. They couldn't fine us and not fine Shrewsbury, Fulham, etc..

The WBA game was different. They intimated (however wrongly) that the invasion was nasty and malicious and inflamatory. Thats why they fined us for that.

What I will say is that I don't get people planning a pitch invasion in advance of the match.

I can understand being caught up in the emotion if it all at the time and doing it on the spur of the moment, but to pre-plan it is a bit pathetic.

Have you ever ran on the pitch?

I have. Once. 1994/95 season, when we beat Inter Milan on penalties. Incredible scenes. I was only 14 at the time.

The West Brom pitch invasion was small time in my book. We’re Aston Villa not Macclesfied town, plus we haven’t got promoted if we win.

It’ll be embarrassing, even more so if we lose the final

Shame, took away the chance for everyone else to celebrate and cheer the team off. Fair few in the stands seemed angry at it.

Much ado about nothing perhaps, but grates with me, it's small time and ridiculous. We've won feck all yet.

Shame, took away the chance for everyone else to celebrate and cheer the team off. Fair few in the stands seemed angry at it.

Much ado about nothing perhaps, but grates with me, it's small time and ridiculous. We've won feck all yet.

Agree completely. Many in the stands seemed mighty pissed off. Players seemed to enjoy it though.

Yes there was a fair bit of anger from the stands and evben a rendition of "where were you when we were shit". so it wasn't popular at all.

I would have loved to have shared going through with the players as we have done all season.

I was disappointed the idiots went on and selfishly killed the moment for the vast majority. The stadium announcer had pleaded several times in the dying moments to keep off the pitch but to no avail.
Still it allowed me to make a quick getaway