Has to be a joke surely? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Has to be a joke surely?

There was a massive banner attached to the roof in the holte end

I assumed they were going to unfurl it if we won but nothing happened. The way they wanted everyone off the pitch made me think they had something planned

There was a massive banner attached to the roof in the holte end

I assumed they were going to unfurl it if we won but nothing happened. The way they wanted everyone off the pitch made me think they had something planned

Yes I did see that and wonder what it was, shame we never got to see it ?

As I said on the match post, ignore my previous post(s) about the possible pitch invasion, that tonight has totally pissed me off. Massive anti climax

Yeah that huge banner dangling from the holte roof was interesting, I thought it was going to be unfurled pre match but obviously not and now we will never know

Everyone singing ‘Don’t look back in anger’, the banner unfurled and the players in front of the fans celebrating... could’ve been a great moment, ruined by those wanting a selfie on the pitch for the ‘gram ?

Said in the match thread I was too tired to post.

I'm not too tired to say to the pitch invaders.
Thanks fuck wits. Spoilt the end for so many. I wanted to stay and clap the team who put in two huge performances. But I was out the ground before you could say 'chav taking a selfie'
Nevermind, said yesterday it was guaranteed going to happen. At least I missed the traffic.

The banner above the Holte was for pre-match and failed to deploy according to steward we were chatting to.

As for the small-time wankers who ran on the pitch and walked off flicking the V at the Holte with a stupid smirk on their stupid fucking faces - well done for killing the moment. Pathetic.

Yup, can't really argue. I was a bit surprised they lined the north stand then just let people run on though. Strange.

Easiest place for the numbers to have an effect I guess. Certainly can't argue, pitch invasions are hardly new and whether it's liked or not, you're in the doodie if you go on so the cops showing discretion should be welcomed.

Yup, can't really argue. I was a bit surprised they lined the north stand then just let people run on though. Strange.

Same with the stewards at the Holte End - they had a half-hearted go at stopping the knuckle-draggers, but basically gave up.

Although on the way out, two of them had a guy and were checking his driving licence and ticket so not sure if that was related.

There is now way the number of police or stewards on duty at a football game with a crowd that size can stop a pitch invasion of such numbers of people. Given the message before hand there had to be police and stewards lining the pitch otherwise that would have been ridiculous. I also think that there is so much force that they will want to use. Has to be proportionate. Is it really worth a big scrap and causing injury to them or the invader to stop them.Not going to look good if a hulking great police officer or steward slams a bloke and his kid to the floor to stop them running on. It's one of those damned if they do damned if they don't scenarios.

Of course the simple answer is people take their own responsibility and restrain themselves when they have been asked not to go on.

No, and I'm not knocking the police at all, just looked strange. No point being there just to stand aside so to speak. Linking arms would have probably done it, the fans would have been mad to push (assault) a policeman.

I think the police are generally advised to leave football fans to get on with it to avoid escalating the situation unless there is violence or criminal damage being caused. That's why there are often problems when football fans travel abroad because in other countries they don't get treated the same way