Has our recruitement been good enough? | Page 7 | Vital Football

Has our recruitement been good enough?

So, the wheeling & dealing is finished (probably, with 20 mins to go). Impossible to say whether it’s been a good window. The ball is now in MKs court (& the coaching staff). Don’t expect an immediate result - it could take a few games before we really see the result of the window. It’s not just about how good the individual players are, but how well they relate to their team-mates and how quickly and effectively they take to MKs game plan - that’s assuming he isn’t about to change the formation and style to make us more attacking. Whatever the outcome, it’s going to take at least two or three games before we start to see just what to expect for the rest of the season. I just hope MK can now mould the players into something like his desired formation and style, and allows the players a degree of freedom to express themselves and take responsibility to show what they can do, and hopefully take games by the scruff of the neck and impose themselves on the opposition.
Well I got that wrong didn’t I - the effect was immediate rather than a few games to settle in. Still not going overboard, but my goodness what a difference. Must have shocked the life out of John Coleman after the two recent games against them🤔

Agree with Perthlmp, what an amazing performance, from a team put together in a short period of time. Well done all, and now lets move on and upwards,like we can, and show a few doubters whats there.Come on Boys

Just as the Cambridge game did not define the season nor does yesterdays accomplished performance. But what really stood out against Accrington was how the team was set up to play and how the players set about the task of tearing into their opponents from the whistle. If we play on the front foot in that manner we will enjoy further days like that. Same again against Bristol Rovers, please.

Just as the Cambridge game did not define the season nor does yesterdays accomplished performance. But what really stood out against Accrington was how the team was set up to play and how the players set about the task of tearing into their opponents from the whistle. If we play on the front foot in that manner we will enjoy further days like that. Same again against Bristol Rovers, please.
Indeed, whilst the result always remains the most important, when a (poor) pattern of performances emerge then the manner of them can become almost as important as the result.

I have been very critical of the recruitement team recently. To me too many players we have bought in have not improved the team.
However it looks like they have unearthed a diamond in Erhahon. It also sounds like Jez George by going up to Scotland did a lot of work to push this over the line. So praise where praise is due.
I have only seen limited highlights of Saturdays game but have read all the reports and all the comments on here and have not seen anything but glowing reports from even our most negative fans. Obviously, there is always the possibility that he may be shite for the rest of the season but I can't see it.
I know we have financial restraints but perhaps we may have to rethink a bit about our transfer policies. It is pretty obvious the gamble of taking on injury prone players hoping to get them fit just doesn't work. Walsh is injured again and Davenport could not get back to fitness. Bridcutt was great when available but wasn't available enough times. Obviously it is cheap to get these players for free but don't think it is worth it.
We have paid probably more than we would normally for a player for Erhahon with add ons etc.. We will have to wait for next year's accounts to maybe find out how much. But at 21 and fully fit with no injury history I would suggest he is probably one of the best 'investments' we have made. Rather stupid to base it on one game I know but if he carries on as he has started he has a big future.

Reminds me abit like Peter Graham. Having been able to be fortunate enough to go at last minute, really pleased with the performance from whole squad,look forward to following games , especially saturday's game and the Derby and Portsmouth games. come on boys

Thinking of buying the granddaughters some City bibs in the summer. Anyone have any idea whose name and number I should have on the backs? Was thinking of going safe with hobson and Ward but any certs?

Percy Freeman, or Peter Grotier, maybe Phil Hubbard, who still lives local, or the most latest addition would be good Erhahon, and Montsma.think the last two.

G-Of-Lincs. Please take that Kennedy YouTube video off your signature. It is appearing on every post you make.
You can turn signatures off in your settings so you can't see any. I did that years ago, can't remember exactly where the setting for that is, though! @Jules might be able to help.

If you click on your name at the top of the forum banner, select 'Preferences' and then within 'Content Options', untick 'Show people's signatures with their message' and save, it should disappear upon a refresh.