• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree he needs to be protected from himself. The last injury I felt was his own fault and not due to overplaying. He lunged in on a tackle that was unnecessary.

There's no tide to stem, I cant name any poster on this site that does not adore Kane. He is a top bloke and has been a brilliant player. I feel angry at how the player has been misused. Had Kane been a Juve player over the past few years he would be scoring more goals than Ronaldo and Messi. He was flogged with the very predictable outcome of repeated recurrent injuries that have reduced his effectiveness. That's a crime IMHO. Some of us are just saying what we see.

With all due respect you said we're turning him into Glenn Murray. Others saying he's a busted flush.

I don't disagree Kane isn't as effective and have no doubt injuries have played a big part in that but I'm just pointing out people are going way way too far. He's still far superior to what people are saying. His level has dropped but the bar was so high to begin with he's still elite imo. I remember not too long ago the days of us hoping to have a striker maybe hitting 20 goals in all competitions... Kane could probably do an ACL and still manage that. The idea of selling him is madness.

With all due respect you said we're turning him into Glenn Murray. Others saying he's a busted flush.

I don't disagree Kane isn't as effective and have no doubt injuries have played a big part in that but I'm just pointing out people are going way way too far. He's still far superior to what people are saying. His level has dropped but the bar was so high to begin with he's still elite imo. I remember not too long ago the days of us hoping to have a striker maybe hitting 20 goals in all competitions... Kane could probably do an ACL and still manage that. The idea of selling him is madness.
Yes I maintain if you take away his assets with repeated over playing you get Glenn Murray. How does that mean I dont rate him. As for the notion of selling him it's when not if, and we would be remiss if we had not considered his sale versus depreciation. As much for Kanes sake as ours. Football is an industry players have shelf lives and it is not over the top in any way to honestly assess what five injuries to the same ankle has done to the player.

Yes I maintain if you take away his assets with repeated over playing you get Glenn Murray. How does that mean I dont rate him. As for the notion of selling him it's when not if, and we would be remiss if we had not considered his sale versus depreciation. As much for Kanes sake as ours. Football is an industry players have shelf lives and it is not over the top in any way to honestly assess what five injuries to the same ankle has done to the player.

Not to mention a 27th b'day and an empty trophy cabinet. I hope Kane doesn't ask Hoddle for advice !!!

Not to mention a 27th b'day and an empty trophy cabinet. I hope Kane doesn't ask Hoddle for advice !!!
Yep off to Monaco broke my heart I think it's when I stopped believing in the romance. Oddly Waddle hurt more, he could do things that made your hair stand up.

Agree with those that wouldn't sell, but he does need dropping from time to time.

6th season running where he is untouchable. Only an injury will change the way we play.

A real winner wouldn't tolerate this. It's shocking management.

Between Poch and Levy they have ruined him as a player. I would even say strongly they are a pair of ***** for ruining him the way they have.

Agree with those that wouldn't sell, but he does need dropping from time to time.

6th season running where he is untouchable. Only an injury will change the way we play.

Between Poch and Levy they have ruined him as a player. I would even say strongly they are a pair of ***** for ruining him the way they have.

This...nobody should be 'untouchable'...the great teams have legit competition for as many positions as possible. When form drops...for whatever reason...another dude steps up. This also is important for rotation...which in Kane's case is nonexistent.

Such basic stuff of player management, incorporating the rotation that comes from having appropriate depth to deal with dips in form & fitness.

I don't get how Levy and Poch think that their handling of such a talent like Kane, is how it should be done. How in hell are our very talented Son, Eriksen, Dele, Moura and Lamela going to thrive with knobs like this managing their playing time/careers?

How can the same knobs be expected to turn around the vibe within our squad, with so many playing way below their potential? Not to mention the integration of our new players into an "unsettled" squad.

Judging by what we've seen thus far, they have not got a clue.

Any thoughts on his England showing ? Looking past the goals, he looked pretty sharp and lively.

He did ok against poor opposition; not worth getting carried away with it - others can do that as they swing from writing him off to believing he can carry us on his back...

There are a myriad of reasons that he has yet to be seen back to his best; players around him not playing to their abilities because of injuries/attitude/commitment problems, or simply not being as good as they once were - Rose and Trippier were woeful for putting in crosses last season and we could go on about how Deli's and Eriksen's lack luster displays has forced him to fall deeper and deeper - and of course we could talk about how long it takes to get over injuries and a lifestyle change in dealing with a new baby and all that comes with it...

Some of the comments about him here are simply laughable.

He did ok against poor opposition; not worth getting carried away with it - others can do that as they swing from writing him off to believing he can carry us on his back...

There are a myriad of reasons that he has yet to be seen back to his best; players around him not playing to their abilities because of injuries/attitude/commitment problems, or simply not being as good as they once were - Rose and Trippier were woeful for putting in crosses last season and we could go on about how Deli's and Eriksen's lack luster displays has forced him to fall deeper and deeper - and of course we could talk about how long it takes to get over injuries and a lifestyle change in dealing with a new baby and all that comes with it...

Some of the comments about him here are simply laughable.
I would agree with all of that but clearly (or I should say it seems clear to me) he is slower than he used to be. And it remains to be seen whether time alone will enable him to get over his ankle injuries. Now you could say that a Harry Kane at 80 or 90% of his former self is still a formidable player but it's quite a handicap for a forward to lose a yard of pace, particularly someone like Kane who was never the fastest in the first place.

Obviously Bulgaria were awful but was nice to see Sterling running at them and Kane taking advantage of the space. Would like to see him and Lucas working together in the same way rather than looking like strangers.

He slower, he just is. I wonder if getting a sprint coach working with him would help. He is a good player for 18 months he was bonafide world class

He really isn't.
Potato potato he is certainly slow over the first 50 than he was prior to the second ankle ligament injury. He has not reached his maximum sprint speed since the injury and no change in role or formation can account for this. But its England so let's all pretend the elephant in the room ain't eating the peanuts.

Potato potato he is certainly slow over the first 50 than he was prior to the second ankle ligament injury. He has not reached his maximum sprint speed since the injury and no change in role or formation can account for this. But its England so let's all pretend the elephant in the room ain't eating the peanuts.

His numbers show that this season, he's bang on his best sprint times.

His numbers show that this season, he's bang on his best sprint times.
In a game he has not matched figures posted for top speed fact. Done the numbers and is down on volume of sprints per game from his peak. I'm not saying its massive but it's there.

Last edited:
Either way...outside of penalty...which he is damn near unstoppable...Kane is on a trouble run of form extending all the way from last season.

I am not sure if it is the system, players around him, him...hell who knows...he just doesn't look great at the moment and MP would rather die than replace him...so in the end it simply doesn't matter.

Either Southgate or Poch has got to be brave enough to leave Kane out of a match day team. His performances do not deserve a starting position. Stats now show what I have been saying for a few seasons. Take away Harry's penalties and he is not even top 5 even maybe 10 for goals scored from open play in this year