• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am watching Harry Kane pl 100 club. He was lethal, getting his shots of so quick. Not the fastest but know slouch. He should be coming into his prime but he looks nothing like the same player. Is most definitely not world class at the moment
We conspired with his ego to over play a world class asset and turn him into Glen Murray. I really hope we buy a quality rival and I am envious of Aubameyang and Lacazette. We should by Dybala and pick and choose Kanes games. I honestly would consider selling at the end of this season.

This why I said getting Dybala would have been massive. We should have done literally anything to get him.

Kane is no longer in my starting lineup for Spurs. (not the way we are set up to play now)

**and I will always be a fan of Kane...top bloke, damn fine professional.

We conspired with his ego to over play a world class asset and turn him into Glen Murray. I really hope we buy a quality rival and I am envious of Aubameyang and Lacazette. We should by Dybala and pick and choose Kanes games. I honestly would consider selling at the end of this season.

I've given Kane some slack today. I thought he had no choice but to play with his back to goal and he did a great job with his head and chest. When we're playing well, perhaps not so much but we needed him in that mode today otherwise we would have had more messing about with Lloris and the defence. The battle was lost in midfield, but Kane gave Luiz and Socrates a torrid time today. He barely gave them a clean header all game. Shame our midfield couldn't pick up the loose ball.

I did not think I would say it but so would i. I think him and Son cannot play it the same team as they are both very greedy around the box. Try parrot or play son through the middle. Drop Kane for a game and give him a kick up the arse.

I think Son is more selfish than Harry, he is less able when seeing a quick pass into space which Harry can do from MF. I don't think Son has such a controlled finish as Kane. He is quicker for sure.
I think Son is more of a sub striker to bring on.

Selling is a last resort. FIRST, we need to ascertain why Harry is a shadow of his former self. Once the issue is identified, work with those around him, those who are meant to feed him and work on the process of bringing HK back into the game. At the moment he is isolated, and then tracks back to get involved.

I'm no expert, but it seems our MF are not being coached/trained on how to bring HK into the game. Getting the ball through to HK should be their "goal".

With Dele, Son, Eriksen & N'dombele not firing as they should, this has to effect Harry's game. We can't rely solely on Lamela.

Just like Eriksen, Harry would be worth nowhere near what he should be based on current form.

Once again, it comes back to bringing out our players best. Changing the coach is always an awful process, however I do feel we need to crack some eggs to make the omelette. Our squad IMO is good enough. We just require the coaching and management staff to bring out their best.

There are too many players suffering and playing 50% below par under our system.

The problem is much deeper than the players themselves.

Last edited:
Madness to even think about selling a striker who bags over 20 goals a season even with long spells out due to injury.

The whole squad haven't played well for a long time in the league. Hopefully the new signings actually start games together and it improves everyone around them.

This season Harry has played 4 games and has got 13 shots away. 4 on target and 3 goals, including the penalty. However, 8 of those shots were in the Villa game.

My theory is that Kane changed his routine this summer. It wouldn't surprise me if he moved to a ketogenic diet and focused on lowering his body fat and increasing his lean muscle, but without the constant cardio through his legs. That gave his ankle a rest and broke the routine to help get over the fatigue. He definitely looked much leaner in pre-season and there were enough photos in the media to confirm that.

It's subtle but that process could have left him a little short of stamina in the early season. It's an acceptable trade-off to get him back to his best over 3-4 months. I might be wrong but I have a feeling that Kane's stamina won't be a problem.

Whether he can find that yard of pace again is more questionable though. That's perhaps down to the left ankle issues. Previously, he would put on the running spikes and train like a sprinter. That routine helped him become a little faster than he naturally was. Ankle permitting, my guess he'll be back to that.

We shall see what happens. We do need to rotate him and pull him off earlier in winning games though. That last 10 mins and injury time cumulatively takes its toll over the long term on the body.

This season Harry has played 4 games and has got 13 shots away. 4 on target and 3 goals, including the penalty. However, 8 of those shots were in the Villa game.

My theory is that Kane changed his routine this summer. It wouldn't surprise me if he moved to a ketogenic diet and focused on lowering his body fat and increasing his lean muscle, but without the constant cardio through his legs. That gave his ankle a rest and broke the routine to help get over the fatigue. He definitely looked much leaner in pre-season and there were enough photos in the media to confirm that.

It's subtle but that process could have left him a little short of stamina in the early season. It's an acceptable trade-off to get him back to his best over 3-4 months. I might be wrong but I have a feeling that Kane's stamina won't be a problem.

Whether he can find that yard of pace again is more questionable though. That's perhaps down to the left ankle issues. Previously, he would put on the running spikes and train like a sprinter. That routine helped him become a little faster than he naturally was. Ankle permitting, my guess he'll be back to that.

We shall see what happens. We do need to rotate him and pull him off earlier in winning games though. That last 10 mins and injury time cumulatively takes its toll over the long term on the body.

Take him off and send on who ?

Thanks to our pathetic transfer window he'll play more games and more minutes this season, and who would have believed that possible ?

Take him off and send on who ?

Thanks to our pathetic transfer window he'll play more games and more minutes this season, and who would have believed that possible ?

I guess my question back would be what would Pep do? He has Aguero in his squad and at times you can see guys like Jesus, Sterling, Silva, Mahrez etc furthest forward when he's not on the pitch. A bunch of midgets of which one only calls himself a striker.

We have Son, Moura, Sessegnon, Dele, Lamela, Eriksen, Lo Celso etc who absolutely love attacking. That's not even mentioning the youngster Parrott who looks talented but will unlikely be on the bench with the others ahead of him.

It comes down to tactics and application. We have the talent to cope in my opinion, but I would never turn down more class e.g. Dybala. We do need to remove the excuses though and admit we have depth in the midfield and forward areas.

Muttley...Kane, our primary striker that has played every damn minute of those 4 games...and he has netted 13 shots..and like you said 8 of those were against Villa. So 5 shots in the other 3...THAT IS PRETTY TROUBLING. And we haven't exactly played very good defenses. City being the best...so far.

BL - Kane is very static in his play on not making any cutting runs or attacking the back line. He continually drops to see more of the ball...but that again is a problem...because now we have lost our damn striker up top.

It looks like come hell or high water, MP is going to play Kane and our season could very well hinge on him snapping out of it or not. Again my argument of 'why the shit would any striker in his right mind want to come to Spurs...you are simply not going to play regardless of your form or Kane's lack of form.

I guess my question back would be what would Pep do? He has Aguero in his squad and at times you can see guys like Jesus, Sterling, Silva, Mahrez etc furthest forward when he's not on the pitch. A bunch of midgets of which one only calls himself a striker.

We have Son, Moura, Sessegnon, Dele, Lamela, Eriksen, Lo Celso etc who absolutely love attacking. That's not even mentioning the youngster Parrott who looks talented but will unlikely be on the bench with the others ahead of him.

It comes down to tactics and application. We have the talent to cope in my opinion, but I would never turn down more class e.g. Dybala. We do need to remove the excuses though and admit we have depth in the midfield and forward areas.

In my honest opinion...if we had a striker like Aguero our attack would explode.

Just to stem the tide a bit. The technique on Kane's shot that hit the post Vs Arsenal was insane. How he bent it towards goal with the inside of his foot from that distance almost defies physics.
I agree entirely . He even said after the game he was annoyed with himself for not “ putting enough on it “.
Anyway we are out of the month now when he doesn’t score ( what bollox) so watch this space .
We’ve had our usual slow start and will be ready to go go go now

Just to stem the tide a bit. The technique on Kane's shot that hit the post Vs Arsenal was insane. How he bent it towards goal with the inside of his foot from that distance almost defies physics.
There's no tide to stem, I cant name any poster on this site that does not adore Kane. He is a top bloke and has been a brilliant player. I feel angry at how the player has been misused. Had Kane been a Juve player over the past few years he would be scoring more goals than Ronaldo and Messi. He was flogged with the very predictable outcome of repeated recurrent injuries that have reduced his effectiveness. That's a crime IMHO. Some of us are just saying what we see.

There's no tide to stem, I cant name any poster on this site that does not adore Kane. He is a top bloke and has been a brilliant player. I feel angry at how the player has been misused. Had Kane been a Juve player over the past few years he would be scoring more goals than Ronaldo and Messi. He was flogged with the very predictable outcome of repeated recurrent injuries that have reduced his effectiveness. That's a crime IMHO. Some of us are just saying what we see.

There is always an undercurrent that his ego has got too big at the club. We can't drop him and if fit he has to play etc just like the CL final. He rules the roost and the reason he never gets subbed or rested is because of that.

I personally don't conform to that, but have read a lot of that over the last year or so. Poch needs to step up though and prove he's willing to bench him and sub him in the latter part of games more. I don't think the stats are helping the level playing field case.

It's a shame in a way that we can't have all the fit players (up to 25) on the bench. Capping it at 7 stops guys like Parrott from getting the cameos.