• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I spoke with someone very close to him over the weekend, he said there is no way back only a way out, if we don't agree to a 'reasonable' offer (sorry, no idea what reasonable is here) then it will all get very dirty and nasty - he doesn't want to be here anymore.
But that is the exact message that Kane's camp would want to get out in order to try and encourage Spurs to make a deal with City/whoever. Anyone who goes into any negotiation thinking that there's no step back, no matter how small, is more often than not going to find themselves disappointed. It's all just posturing at this point from all sides.

Kane's advantage at the moment is that generally the fans are on his side and for some reason think it's ok for him to want to leave in order to win trophies due to the current turmoil. Move forward a few months and there's a new manager in and they're trying to build us again, if Kane is still about and going on strike or only going through the motions, then fan opinion can change very quickly. Especially if he has a poor Euros.

I get that Kane may want to move & others are content that he leaves but he remains one of the top strikers in world football. He was the top scorer & assist maker last year & that will not be easy to replace, however much we think it will be.
Dortmund are looking for £80m+ for Sancho. Brighton are looking for £50m for White. If they are worth that, Kane has a much higher value, especially as he has 3 years remaining on his contract. There aren’t loads of top strikers available, so they demand a premium.
Let’s not forget that however much we get, every team will know the money we have & our desperate need for players. So £150m isn’t getting us much really! If/when Kane goes, we need top dollar for him but we need to make moves in the market before he leaves

This is no different than when Bale left.

He continues to misunderstand the situation, or maybe its his bro. Regardless, he's about to learn.

He needs to be very careful, the word on the street about his ankle(s) is not real favorable. He's not as popular as he thinks he is on the market.

:smoke:

He really doesn't have to be 'popular' on the market, he just has to be popular with Pep. As for his ankles, manC have already had that covered in Harley street back in Feb - I know the consultant he saw and who ManC use for these investigations.

He really doesn't have to be 'popular' on the market, he just has to be popular with Pep. As for his ankles, manC have already had that covered in Harley street back in Feb - I know the consultant he saw and who ManC use for these investigations.

Are you suggesting that another club not only tapped him up back in February. They also arranged for a full medical without Spurs permission. I am not up on rules but that sounds like the kind of approach Spurs would want investigated.

As for wether his ankles are ok or not doesnt really matter from a medical POV. We all know he is protecting them when he is on the pitch and it has resulted in him modifying his game. I have a theory about his lack of press now and its down to his ankles (as well as his yard or so of pace). He doesnt stretch the foot out to block anymore. He is scared shitless of a clearance hitting his foot and twisting the ankle. Check it out and see if i am right.

Man City arranged a medical for Kane in Harley Street? With the club's (Spurs) knowledge and permission? I find that staggering.

He continues to misunderstand the situation, or maybe its his bro. Regardless, he's about to learn.

He needs to be very careful, the word on the street about his ankle(s) is not real favorable. He's not as popular as he thinks he is on the market.

:smoke:

xvausch, you could be right there, regards his ankles, I asked a question a while ago....would he pass/stand up to a medical on those ankles?

Reading further after I replied to xvausch, you answered my question, thanks.

Harry Kane transfer latest: Manchester City put together £100m opening offer for Tottenham striker

Plus Jason Burt on how Kane must prove that the uncertainty over his club future is not a distraction for England

By Matt Law, Football News Correspondent and Jason Burt, Chief Football Correspondent 21 June 2021 • 9:06pm

TELEMMGLPICT000262026972_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqzRytHSQbJOZN5HN52J50YsBfszBzTdRF9PyEnCs4wy8.jpeg

Daniel Levy values Kane at £150m and is not likely to be impressed by the news Credit: Shutterstock

Manchester City have started the ball rolling on their bid to try to lure Harry Kane away from Tottenham Hotspur by telling the England striker that they have put together an opening offer worth up to £100million.
But Telegraph Sport understands that Spurs have been telling potential candidates to succeed Jose Mourinho as head coach that the club have no intention of selling Kane this summer.
Tottenham sources are adamant that they are yet to receive an official bid for Kane, but it is clear that City have begun the process of trying to get negotiations underway on a deal.
City are believed to have communicated to Kane that they have structured a bid worth an initial £85m, plus £15m in add-ons and first refusal on their unwanted players.
The players who City are willing to sell this summer are thought to include Raheem Sterling, Bernardo Silva, Riyad Mahrez, Aymeric Laporte and Gabriel Jesus.
It is unlikely that will be received well by Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, who values Kane at £150m and is unlikely to be impressed by the fact City’s intentions have been made public.
Levy is likely to seek more face-to-face talks with Kane this summer over the England captain’s future and to see whether or not there is any way of convincing him to stay.
Kane is currently on international duty with England at the European Championship, while Levy is still searching for a new head coach after seeing talks with a number of candidates to replace Mourinho break down.
Telegraph Sport reported that Levy remains determined to try to hang on to Kane and he will do everything in his power to prevent the 27-year-old lining up against Spurs for City on the opening day of the Premier League season.
But that has evidently not put off City, who appear to be prioritising a move for Kane over Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland and Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish.
City are not expected to cap their interest in Kane at £100m, but Tottenham would not accept players in exchange as part of a bid.
Kane’s City team-mate Sterling has been linked with a move in the opposite direction, but he is not interested in being used as a makeweight and Spurs would not be able to afford his wages in any case - just as they would not be able to pay the salaries of Mahrez, Laporte, Jesus or Silva.
Kane’s focus remains on England’s game against Czech Republic on Tuesday night and manager Gareth Southgate gave him a huge vote of confidence by confirming he will start that game, despite failing to score in England’s opening two group games.
Having told Totteham of his desire to leave the club ahead of the Euros, Kane has shelved any talks over his future until the tournament ends for him.
“I think the only thing that is relevant is what I have said already this week,” said Southgate. “Harry’s importance to the team, he’s been our best player, our most influential player, our most important player for a long period of time.
“Of course, there have been moments where the likes of Raheem (Sterling) have had periods where he has been critical for our success as well in terms of the goalscoring, but Harry has consistently been our top goalscorer since I have been in charge. His record is phenomenal and he is a hugely important figure for us.”
On the scrutiny Kane is facing, Southgate added: “I think it's the world of a big player, you know.
“Throughout the time I've been England manager, I must have answered these sorts of questions about Harry in three or four different periods of time.
“And, inevitably, he's come through those periods and scored important goals for us and played exceptionally well, so it's a bit of a repetitive cycle.
“The big players have big focus, have a lot more attention and their world is far more complicated than a lot of other players, who can sort of go under that radar of pressure and intensity.

“I've got a huge understanding of how that is for Harry, a huge understanding of having played with big personalities, big players, how their world is different.
"Hopefully, that helps me to manage him and to get the best out of him, which I think over a long period of time we have done.”
Asked whether or not he trusted Dominic Calvert-Lewin to take over from Kane if need be, Southgate replied: “Harry I’m sure is going to be playing well for us and will have a big impact for us. I am not worried about that.
“Are we pleased to have Dominic in our squad? Absolutely. He’s a very good centre-forward and he had a big impact for us in the autumn. It’s good that we have him and Marcus (Rashford) who can play as nines in the team.
“I think they understand in terms of their challenge with Harry – and obviously Marcus can play wide as well – who our best number nine is and the scoring pedigree and the importance to the team of Harry’s status and his role for us.”

So as I said when that Italian lying journo started all this - we have received NO formal bid whatsoever - it is once again, as of now, all speculation.

Why so many respectable Journo's hang on his every word is beyond me.

I would be surprised if anyone is going to pay 150 for Kane...not this version of Kane anyway. I would also be surprised if a team was willing to strip 2-3 quality players and cash for him.

It is just too much. A season or two ago...yep I think he would have gotten it...too late now I think.

Manager'less...and stuck with a group of wantaway players....great state we are in.

I would be surprised if anyone is going to pay 150 for Kane...not this version of Kane anyway. I would also be surprised if a team was willing to strip 2-3 quality players and cash for him.

It is just too much. A season or two ago...yep I think he would have gotten it...too late now I think.

Manager'less...and stuck with a group of wantaway players....great state we are in.

It can all change very quickly.

No, Harry's team regularly have him checked over, it's routine.

And shared that information with another club? Or did the medical practice share the info without their knowledge which i suspect would be even worse.

If Man City have any medical information on Kane then i see that as a MAJOR issue

And shared that information with another club? Or did the medical practice share the info without their knowledge which i suspect would be even worse.

If Man City have any medical information on Kane then i see that as a MAJOR issue

All players agents have what is effectively a personal medical 'passport' - it's a piece of personal data that can be shared with whomever they like. It's standard practice, up and until a pre-move medical.

The agency I am invested in has organized a deal for a player in the third tier, actually he has a choice of three clubs - each asked the agency for his latest medical data, it was freely given - and that was way before an agreement was made or before his club were informed of their interest.

All players agents have what is effectively a personal medical 'passport' - it's a piece of personal data that can be shared with whomever they like. It's standard practice, up and until a pre-move medical.

The agency I am invested in has organized a deal for a player in the third tier, actually he has a choice of three clubs - each asked the agency for his latest medical data, it was freely given - and that was way before an agreement was made or before his club were informed of their interest.

As for his ankles, manC have already had that covered in Harley street back in Feb - I know the consultant he saw and who ManC use for these investigations.

Thats not quite how you put it above. It sounded very much like Man C had arranged a private medical for him. TBH i still think this is underhand but i presume Spurs make similar use of this type of info when transferring players (Except maybe Willian). All i know is that these clubs should know by now that there is only one way to deal with Levy, pay him what he asks, when he asks or walk away. He will not budge and he will spoil it for everyone involved to get what he thinks is correct.

Man City and Kane are in for a shock

As for his ankles, manC have already had that covered in Harley street back in Feb - I know the consultant he saw and who ManC use for these investigations.

Thats not quite how you put it above. It sounded very much like Man C had arranged a private medical for him. TBH i still think this is underhand but i presume Spurs make similar use of this type of info when transferring players (Except maybe Willian). All i know is that these clubs should know by now that there is only one way to deal with Levy, pay him what he asks, when he asks or walk away. He will not budge and he will spoil it for everyone involved to get what he thinks is correct.

Man City and Kane are in for a shock

I really don't think they, as for the consultant, he's used by all the top clubs and the top players, I'll be more precise in future.

And yes, all clubs do this during their investigation of target when they're doing their backgrounding (often done by a third party of investigators).