• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm fully behind Levy's £150m valuation, because that is easily Kane's worth to us. I am also 100% against any players being used in the deal. Laporte, Sterling and Jesus are being mentioned but I would point blank refuse any of them.

We need to forge our own future with these funds, not just accept whichever players City are fed up with.

And if Kane stays then Eriksen should be evidence of why you should not play at 50% if you are forced to stay and Modric is evidence of why you should continue to out your all in. Modric got his dream move, Eriksen didn't.

I'm fully behind Levy's £150m valuation, because that is easily Kane's worth to us. I am also 100% against any players being used in the deal. Laporte, Sterling and Jesus are being mentioned but I would point blank refuse any of them.

We need to forge our own future with these funds, not just accept whichever players City are fed up with.

And if Kane stays then Eriksen should be evidence of why you should not play at 50% if you are forced to stay and Modric is evidence of why you should continue to out your all in. Modric got his dream move, Eriksen didn't.

Great post Matic. Player trades with City are counterproductive on multiple levels.

£100m plus Laporte. Yes please.

🤷‍♂️ but yes, you are exactly correct, unlikely anyone will meet that valuation. Hence why I expect he will be here one more season, at least.

I spoke with someone very close to him over the weekend, he said there is no way back only a way out, if we don't agree to a 'reasonable' offer (sorry, no idea what reasonable is here) then it will all get very dirty and nasty - he doesn't want to be here anymore.

I spoke with someone very close to him over the weekend, he said there is no way back only a way out, if we don't agree to a 'reasonable' offer (sorry, no idea what reasonable is here) then it will all get very dirty and nasty - he doesn't want to be here anymore.

Yep needs to go...good for him and we need to go in a different direction as well.

Get this done!!

Also I think a cash & swap deal is the only way to go...we have a shitload of holes to fill and improve on. City, Chelsea, maybe even United...all have a good group of players and cash enough to get this done.

£100m plus Laporte. Yes please.

I wouldn't pay £50m for Laporte. £40m at most!

But straight away, by accepting a Man City player you're limiting our future potential. To replace Kane, get a RB or 2, sort out our CBs, find a creative attacker, get a second striker and find a decent CM who is a leader, £150m will get us a lot more than £100m.

Spaffing £50m on a CB in his late 20's, who isn't quite as good as people expected in the PL just seems crazy to me.

But straight away, by accepting a Man City player you're limiting our future potential. To replace Kane, get a RB or 2, sort out our CBs, find a creative attacker, get a second striker and find a decent CM who is a leader, £150m will get us a lot more than £100m.

Spaffing £50m on a CB in his late 20's, who isn't quite as good as people expected in the PL just seems crazy to me.

Cash and one player swap...no needs to be more I think. We need at least 2 quality players and cash in my opinion. 2-3 if we can get it.

So long as Kane doesn't think it's for him to decide what 'reasonable' is. He obviously does though by putting the £100m tag out there.

Most people consider him to be one of the top three strikers in the world.

Neymar went for £198m Mbappe £163. So £100m ain't getting you one of the top three strikers even in a deflated market, particularly as strikers hold their value better than other players.

So whilst Spurs fans have their own valuation of Kane, his market value - based on his history not current form - will be much higher.

And the club needs the money to replace him. The old Kane that is.

I'd agree with that. Cash deal only and we get to choose from the whole market not just City's castaways.

I get that Kane may want to move & others are content that he leaves but he remains one of the top strikers in world football. He was the top scorer & assist maker last year & that will not be easy to replace, however much we think it will be.
Dortmund are looking for £80m+ for Sancho. Brighton are looking for £50m for White. If they are worth that, Kane has a much higher value, especially as he has 3 years remaining on his contract. There aren’t loads of top strikers available, so they demand a premium.
Let’s not forget that however much we get, every team will know the money we have & our desperate need for players. So £150m isn’t getting us much really! If/when Kane goes, we need top dollar for him but we need to make moves in the market before he leaves

I'm surprised you don't rate Laporte, who turned 27 only a few weeks back and is for me as close to a Vertonghen as there is out there. As much as I'd love a 24/25 year old, I'd have to consider Laporte especially as Rodon needs an experienced Prem player like that alongside him.

The budget is a concern though if Levy is holding his new management team to zero net spending. With the £100m, you clearly have to replace Kane as next priority. It soon runs out after that. You have the £15m back from Bale's loan finishing and you have the Foyth / Edwards money (£20m). You then potentially get money back from other player sales like Aurier.

We can make something work.

I'm surprised you don't rate Laporte, who turned 27 only a few weeks back and is for me as close to a Vertonghen as there is out there. As much as I'd love a 24/25 year old, I'd have to consider Laporte especially as Rodon needs an experienced Prem player like that alongside him.

The budget is a concern though if Levy is holding his new management team to zero net spending. With the £100m, you clearly have to replace Kane as next priority. It soon runs out after that. You have the £15m back from Bale's loan finishing and you have the Foyth / Edwards money (£20m). You then potentially get money back from other player sales like Aurier.

We can make something work.

I don't rate him as highly as Jan. He's a decent CB, don't get me wrong, but £50m for a 27yo who hasn't had the best of times in the PL is very steep. We need to get a CB who is 24/25 and is possibly slightly underrated still. It's why I see Joachim Andersen as a potential masterstroke.

I won't be disappointed if we end up with Laporte, I should add. I just do not think we should be spending £50m of Kane's value on just 1 CB.

Replacing Kane IMO is impossible. We may need a totally different way of playing. If that is the case the new manager will have to reconstruct us. That's a tall order and he will need time.

With the talents of Ndombele, Dele, Gio etc, I think I'm more confident about replacing Kane's assists than his goals. Son is too streaky with his goal contribution. I have no clue who we replace the number 9 part of Kane's repertoire with.

I don't rate him as highly as Jan. He's a decent CB, don't get me wrong, but £50m for a 27yo who hasn't had the best of times in the PL is very steep. We need to get a CB who is 24/25 and is possibly slightly underrated still. It's why I see Joachim Andersen as a potential masterstroke.

I won't be disappointed if we end up with Laporte, I should add. I just do not think we should be spending £50m of Kane's value on just 1 CB.

lol - then call it £25m and admit that £125m is Kane's realistic value.

I don't know too much about Andersen. Played well against us, but always left wondering whether he is as good as everyone is saying. Apparently, he's not that pacy, and plays on the right. Do we need another one of those?

Must admit, it's been nice to watch Rodon in the Euro's. I hope he gets a good coach. A lot to work with in my opinion.

we need to let Harry move on it’s not good for the club or team having a player around who doesn’t want to be here…we have already had this previously it doesn’t work. Rebuild and play differently we actually did ok without him when he was injured. I recall a pretty cohesive side working really hard for each other, it could well be good for us to reshape and not be so predictable…

lol - then call it £25m and admit that £125m is Kane's realistic value.

I don't know too much about Andersen. Played well against us, but always left wondering whether he is as good as everyone is saying. Apparently, he's not that pacy, and plays on the right. Do we need another one of those?

Must admit, it's been nice to watch Rodon in the Euro's. I hope he gets a good coach. A lot to work with in my opinion.

Rodon has been immense in the Euro's. He's a really brave and committed defender and you can't teach that so I'm with you, I hope he gets a good coach to fine tune him into something special.

And if City offer £125m + Laporte... then we can talk ;)

We need to replace Harry's goals and assists, of which his was best in the league for both. That's not going to happen in one player or two IMO. Dele could get a fair number of assists and goals as part of the new approach I guess.
I would rather we bought a proven goal scorer or 2 than a speculative potential type.
I would sell Ndombele, he's had his chances and remained unfit and uncommitted.
Loco can't be relied upon, too many injuries.
I can't imagine we will keep Lamela. Moura hasn't delivered , neither Bergwijn.
Harry has carried the responsibility of this lot on his back. When he has gone they will be exposed. 5 of them, would they get into a top 4 team ?
We face either mid table or spend big on quality to avoid it. Even that will be an ask, new teams take time to gel, add that to a new manager. I'll be amazed if we hold 7th place.

He continues to misunderstand the situation, or maybe its his bro. Regardless, he's about to learn.

He needs to be very careful, the word on the street about his ankle(s) is not real favorable. He's not as popular as he thinks he is on the market.

:smoke: