• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree with most of that although i'd argue Harry puts himself on the line every time he takes a penalty kick. It not only takes courage but leadership to place yourself in such a position.
Hi Stevie
Unfortunately we aren't an American football team, who can wheel on a player simply because he can take
a pen
Thanks to the Refs in the prem we don't actually get that many as our name isn't Man U.
I just feel now its best for Kane to move on. Whilst he is, still in and, around his apex.
I do fear, (pens,aside) whether through over play, or self management /preservation, he hasn't given it 100% lately.
I am aware that there are many here who can see no wrong in Harry, that's OK.
Personally I feel he has been a brilliant servant for us, but there is now just something missing, and for me it's been since the City interest, so for quite, some time now.
I just think its time to look beyond Kane and indeed Son now.

And of course that would be Levy's prerogative but Kane still holds the aces. Playing out the final year of his contact wouldn't be the end of the world for him.
Is his hand that strong though?

If he is forced to stay another year it would be on the terms of his current contract.

Then you consider, how attractive a proposition would a 31-year-old Kane would be for a top club?

The discussions we have on here about Kane's failure in big games and big tournaments will not have gone unnoticed outside.

I'd say Kane's reputation was diminished after the last World Cup. He had the most talented group of creative players around him of any forward in the tournament, yet his performance throughout was mediocre. The two forwards that the football world was speaking about after the World Cup were Mbappe and Messi.

The top clubs - the clubs that Kane aspire's to join - expect to be playing at the business end of the important competitions. That's when they will expect their top players to step up. The don't need Kane for run-of-the-mill games.

I don't know what the club's true position is regarding selling or keeping Kane but everything I'm reading suggests that they are going to try and persuade him to sign a new contract this summer. It wouldn't surprise me that they will use the new managerial appointment as a means of persuading him.

Either way, I just can't foresee a quick sale. It has the potential to be another long, messy Kane saga.

Is his hand that strong though?

If he is forced to stay another year it would be on the terms of his current contract.

Then you consider, how attractive a proposition would a 31-year-old Kane would be for a top club?

The discussions we have on here about Kane's failure in big games and big tournaments will not have gone unnoticed outside.

I'd say Kane's reputation was diminished after the last World Cup. He had the most talented group of creative players around him of any forward in the tournament, yet his performance throughout was mediocre. The two forwards that the football world was speaking about after the World Cup were Mbappe and Messi.

The top clubs - the clubs that Kane aspire's to join - expect to be playing at the business end of the important competitions. That's when they will expect their top players to step up. The don't need Kane for run-of-the-mill games.

I don't know what the club's true position is regarding selling or keeping Kane but everything I'm reading suggests that they are going to try and persuade him to sign a new contract this summer. It wouldn't surprise me that they will use the new managerial appointment as a means of persuading him.

Either way, I just can't foresee a quick sale. It has the potential to be another long, messy Kane saga.
With the possible exception of United I can't see any other Club paying the sort of money for him that Levy would demand. Equally we have very little chance of signing somebody of sufficient quality to compensate for the goals per season that Kane has, and still provides for us. It probably would be in the interest of both parties to sort out a new contract whereby he stays with us. As I've said elsewhere though, he probably doesn't want to restart all over again with yet another manager, our fourth (five if Mason's temporary spell is included) in not much more than two seasons. As you've indicated though, he may be disappointed in the level of interest shown in him.

Hi Stevie
Unfortunately we aren't an American football team, who can wheel on a player simply because he can take
a pen
Thanks to the Refs in the prem we don't actually get that many as our name isn't Man U.
I just feel now its best for Kane to move on. Whilst he is, still in and, around his apex.
I do fear, (pens,aside) whether through over play, or self management /preservation, he hasn't given it 100% lately.
I am aware that there are many here who can see no wrong in Harry, that's OK.
Personally I feel he has been a brilliant servant for us, but there is now just something missing, and for me it's been since the City interest, so for quite, some time now.
I just think its time to look beyond Kane and indeed Son now.
Has he been injured this season? I'm not aware of any spells on the sidelines to date which is rather unusual for him. Perhaps it's the reason he hasn't overexerted himself thus far. I know it's far from ideal but as i see it Son is a much bigger worry for us at the moment.

I can see one angle where Kane would want to stay for one last season as long as Conte stayed.

Under Antonio, Kane has the entire thing setup for him to score goals, and he never has to worry about rotating with other squad players. He doesn't even need to put in a shift and lead the line. Also, he isn't even expected to be a main goal assister anymore. When you think about it, this current setup really is an easy gig for him.

Also, if we're in the EL next season, it could get even easier and he can stay focused on Shearer's record. With Spurs squad hopefully improving again, he could almost guarantee getting rid of another 20-25 goals of the remaining 57 for Shearer's record.

That would leave him in touching distance as he left as a free agent and got a whopping signing on bonus. Levy might even do what he did with Eriksen and sell him in the January window.

With the possible exception of United I can't see any other Club paying the sort of money for him that Levy would demand. Equally we have very little chance of signing somebody of sufficient quality to compensate for the goals per season that Kane has, and still provides for us. It probably would be in the interest of both parties to sort out a new contract whereby he stays with us. As I've said elsewhere though, he probably doesn't want to restart all over again with yet another manager, our fourth (five if Mason's temporary spell is included) in not much more than two seasons. As you've indicated though, he may be disappointed in the level of interest shown in him.

After the last saga, Harry sidelined his brother, his then agent, and got Mark Whittle (who I've met a dozen times or so) MD of his own PR agency and ex FA Head of Media Relations - to take over all relationships with the media and more
importantly, to take over any and all future negotiations.

There really is only one reason why he's done this, as Mark charges a heft retainer and will likely be on a big slice of any future deal. His connections to the top people in clubs across Europe is second to none. Charlie now looks after his other investments; the property business said to be worth circa £25 mill and his investment in the low fat donut company etc etc

Harry has effectively covered all his bases ready for making a move; should he somehow be persuaded to step back from the brink it will have to be a huge new deal that would transport him in the super pay category, so from around £200k a week to probably at least double that on a 4 year deal. Let alone the loyalty bonus's that his new agents will demand upfront!

He knows he is on his end run, and the prospect of a nice size signing on fee, plus staggering wages will look more than a little attractive. for now, without new info, I can't see Levy coming close to those numbers, but that said AIA have Harry signed to a very lucrative rep deal and that would have to end.

Everyone I know who knows anyone involved in his camp/businesses all think the same as me, that no matter what's put on the table his inclination and objective is to move on for the last part of his career so he can establish himself as a legend of English football, not just of Spurs; he craves silverware and we keep screwing up, so his 'faith' in extending the 'project' is I am told, low. He wants new pastures to graze at a club where money is no object and probably less intense, hence Bayern and Real Madrid as possible landing clubs.

Of course Gary Neville is leading the 'get Harry' charge at Manure, and again I was told, it's being listened to and hasn't been dismissed.

If we are lucky, at his age we'll bank between £75-90 mill for him depending on how the deal is structured.

No matter what the games between us and other clubs in the summer, until or if we hear that Harry has a mind to stay and has an offer he cannot refuse, I still expect that what I was told about a handshake deal to get down to detail with BM this summer, will still apply.

Last edited:
No matter what the games between us and other clubs in the summer, until or if we hear that Harry has a mind to stay and has an offer he cannot refuse, I still expect that what I was told about a handshake deal to get down to detail with BM this summer quickly will still apply.
A handshake deal between Kane and Spurs? So the club has already agreed to sell him this summer?

I think the worst case scenario is that we offer Kane another contract.

Whilst it's great having a goalscorer like Kane in the team, the danger is that our play is directed predominantly towards providing chances for him (a case we've seen recently with Son) and they don't take responsibility for scoring themselves. The situation has been exasperated this season by Son's collapse of form, our only other natural goalscorer. What happens if Kane suffers a serious injury?

I'd like to see a complete change in focus from the new manager.

I want to see Kulusevski step up and set a target of 10 goals a season. Son, if he stays and recovers his form, has to be looking at 15 goals a season, as that's his main contribution. A new CF to replace Kane, again 15 goals. And a Maddison-type player contributing a further 10.

That's 60 goals spread around our main four attacking players. The rest can come from contributions from the rest of our team, which we have seen they are capable of doing.

Then, if one player is injured or loses form, it doesn't have such a significant impact on the team. And those players and that approach can provide all of the other ingredients that are missing from Kane's game today.

The rumour mill this morning is suggesting the club aren't prepared to sell him this summer, I guess this may be because they are hoping a new manager might be able to persuade him to stay. The club could choose to sell in January as they did with Eriksen if he can't be persuaded by then.

The rumour mill this morning is suggesting the club aren't prepared to sell him this summer, I guess this may be because they are hoping a new manager might be able to persuade him to stay. The club could choose to sell in January as they did with Eriksen if he can't be persuaded by then.

Who is left? Pep?

What's your feeling on the club's stance? It's everybit as important as Kane's.

I doubt they'll make the same Eriksen mistake; there is just too much at stake in terms of the progression of the club towards silverware.

That said, Levy will be swayed by how his advisors see the 'fan' mood is my bet.

A better question might be how many season ticket holders might not renew if it becomes known that we are prepared to let him go? I think the deadline this season is end of April again and until that day passes, everyone at the club will remain tight-lipped, of course this year it's compounded by both Fabio and Conte's positions, which makes the need for fail-safe succession planning as far as the board can achieve, critical.

So much depends on our cash position, whilst not critical as we tend to have a 5 year view/planning outline, it will rear up in the board's thinking if investment in the club is delayed by all of these factors.

But, on balance, I am convinced that the board may well make one last attempt to persuade his camp, but I don't think it will be enough to stop him and they'll finally let him go for if their valuation is met.

I doubt they'll make the same Eriksen mistake; there is just too much at stake in terms of the progression of the club towards silverware.

That said, Levy will be swayed by how his advisors see the 'fan' mood is my bet.

A better question might be how many season ticket holders might not renew if it becomes known that we are prepared to let him go? I think the deadline this season is end of April again and until that day passes, everyone at the club will remain tight-lipped, of course this year it's compounded by both Fabio and Conte's positions, which makes the need for fail-safe succession planning as far as the board can achieve, critical.

So much depends on our cash position, whilst not critical as we tend to have a 5 year view/planning outline, it will rear up in the board's thinking if investment in the club is delayed by all of these factors.

But, on balance, I am convinced that the board may well make one last attempt to persuade his camp, but I don't think it will be enough to stop him and they'll finally let him go for if their valuation is met.
A realistic valuation one would hope.

I know the club have said he's not for sale, but that's clearly just a negation position.

I imagine a fair few at the club will want to sell him in the summer.

Him going isn't just a Kane decision maybe.

I know the club have said he's not for sale, but that's clearly just a negation position.

I imagine a fair few at the club will want to sell him in the summer.

Him going isn't just a Kane decision maybe.

Sorry to disagree, but the club haven't said anything officially about Kane; all they have done so far is stone-wall any questions from the media, so the media just makes up whatever they like.

As others have said, 1 year left on his current deal; personally, i believe if he was going to take an extension, he'd have done it by now.

Those that 'know' his camp are happy to repeat what they say he's said to them, which is almost word for word what I was told when he changed his advisors; he wants silverware. He doesn't want to be known as the one club man who broke all records but never won anything.

I don't blame him.

I will be very shocked if his/his camp's position changes; they will be informally talking to the 'right' clubs in their minds, and by talking, it won't be in-depth, it will just be 'we're open to offers'.

If Levy digs his heels in, Harry will be prepared to get very difficult, we know from history when that happens, Levy will be forced to accept it (Modric, Bale).

Until then, Kane will give his best, but already I can see so many ways in his game that he protects himself now - he's getting ready for the off.

Here's another saying what I've been saying...

It's interesting putting yourself in ten Hag's shoes. He absolutely must get the club to tie Rashford down to a new deal. I believe he'll want to get rid of Martial as well. Then he has the Greenwood fiasco to work through.

Does he have to choose between Kane or Osimhen, or can he stretch to both?

I think he would choose Osimhen if it was a straight choice. Kane would just get in the way of Fernandez and Eriksen in their setup. He needs someone getting beyond them.

It's interesting putting yourself in ten Hag's shoes. He absolutely must get the club to tie Rashford down to a new deal. I believe he'll want to get rid of Martial as well. Then he has the Greenwood fiasco to work through.

Does he have to choose between Kane or Osimhen, or can he stretch to both?

I think he would choose Osimhen if it was a straight choice. Kane would just get in the way of Fernandez and Eriksen in their setup. He needs someone getting beyond them.
I think they are also credited with an interest in 24-year-old France forward Randal Kolo Muani.