• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kane really does hold all the aces here.

He’ll be 31 next July at the end if his contract. He would have the pick of any club in world football at that stage. They would be all falling over themselves to sign him.

Levy really has no choice but to sell him this summer to whomever Kane wants to go to otherwise he plays out his contract and leaves on a free next year.

I hope Harry wins something. He deserves it.

Levy really has no choice but to sell him this summer to whomever Kane wants to go to otherwise he plays out his contract and leaves on a free next year.
Except that Levy may think Kane is more valuable to the club for another year than any transfer fee he gets.

If there was to be a sale I just cannot see how it would be concluded quickly particularly if it is United. Levy would know they are more likely than any club to pay over the odds and he'll spend all summer extracting every last penny.

This is a battle he may not want though what with the search for a new manager and quite possibly a replacement for Paratici to contend with. And that's without considering any incoming transfers and the players currently out on loan who will be returning.

The summer already promises to be one of significant upheaval. I know Ex has said it's 100% certain that Kane wants out but is that also the club's position?

Except that Levy may think Kane is more valuable to the club for another year than any transfer fee he gets.

If there was to be a sale I just cannot see how it would be concluded quickly particularly if it is United. Levy would know they are more likely than any club to pay over the odds and he'll spend all summer extracting every last penny.

This is a battle he may not want though what with the search for a new manager and quite possibly a replacement for Paratici to contend with. And that's without considering any incoming transfers and the players currently out on loan who will be returning.

The summer already promises to be one of significant upheaval. I know Ex has said it's 100% certain that Kane wants out but is that also the club's position?
I'm not sure that would be the case Gary. If we dilly-dally we may miss out on our own transfer targets, plus he only has a year left to run . The club are no longer in a position of strength, Harry is.

Harry is handling this situation in a much more sophisticated fashion this time and I for one appreciate his discretion.

He's also leading the team like never before.

Harry is handling this situation in a much more sophisticated fashion this time and I for one appreciate his discretion.

He's also leading the team like never before.

We have lost 14 games in all competitions this season. I'm pretty sure he has played in all of them one way or another.

Was him barely moving against Milan a leadership display? I saw a player that couldn't be bothered. I saw a player that hid like a bitch.

Is him taking control of free kicks even though he is diabolical at taking them a sign of a leader? That just shows how arrogant and self riteous he is.

As good as he is when he can be bothered he isn't a leader.

We have too many wannabe leaders in this side.

We have lost 14 games in all competitions this season. I'm pretty sure he has played in all of them one way or another.

Was him barely moving against Milan a leadership display? I saw a player that couldn't be bothered. I saw a player that hid like a bitch.

Is him taking control of free kicks even though he is diabolical at taking them a sign of a leader? That just shows how arrogant and self riteous he is.

As good as he is when he can be bothered he isn't a leader.

We have too many wannabe leaders in this side.

It's in the past. This squad is changing.

It's in the past. This squad is changing.

It's still this season. Just because it's in the past doesn't mean players and managers get a free pass.

It's about looking at patterns good and bad and analysing what needs to be done to win actual trophies.

This squad is still filled with overrated egos who have no right being here. The club continues to reward crap players for failing.

It's still this season. Just because it's in the past doesn't mean players and managers get a free pass.

It's about looking at patterns good and bad and analysing what needs to be done to win actual trophies.

This squad is still filled with overrated egos who have no right being here. The club continues to reward crap players for failing.
I agree with most of that although i'd argue Harry puts himself on the line every time he takes a penalty kick. It not only takes courage but leadership to place yourself in such a position.

Hi Stevie
Can't agree re, Harry putting himself on the line.
He does at time look to be going thru the motions
And 'the Kane Jog' is almost a headline
I do feel he has been talked up a bit by the media, due to his England Captaincy.
He does now play within himself quite often.

Hi Stevie
Can't agree re, Harry putting himself on the line.
He does at time look to be going thru the motions
And 'the Kane Jog' is almost a headline
I do feel he has been talked up a bit by the media, due to his England Captaincy.
He does now play within himself quite often.
Hi Niall, i'm talking about him taking responsibility as our main penalty taker.

I'm aware of his lack of movement & the criticism he's received however i'd also refer you to the number of games he's played in. If we rotated our squad a lil better we'd be in much better shape. I'm at a complete loss as to why this hasn't happened considering the 5 sub rule has been in place since the big kick off. Perhaps somebody from within the club could explain why this is so.

BUT cant see anyone regularly scoring 20 plus in a season (current squad)

Son, in his current guise, could not.

One would assume if Kane left, he would command a substantial transfer fee. It should allow us to hand-pick two quality players, provided they want to come. We'll need two to replicate what HK brings to the team. Perisic's crazy wages of £180k p/w for 2% of quality; could be used for one of the new signings.

Hi Niall, i'm talking about him taking responsibility as our main penalty taker.

I'm aware of his lack of movement & the criticism he's received however i'd also refer you to the number of games he's played in. If we rotated our squad a lil better we'd be in much better shape. I'm at a complete loss as to why this hasn't happened considering the 5 sub rule has been in place since the big kick off. Perhaps somebody from within the club could explain why this is so.
We assume that's why we bought Richarlison so it's either down to Conte not trusting him or it's down to Kane having to much influence over team sheets.

We assume that's why we bought Richarlison so it's either down to Conte not trusting him or it's down to Kane having to much influence over team sheets.
Conte recently highlighted injuries & a loss of form as the reasoning for his team selections. That was in response to Richi's criticism. I'm not so certain it's as straight forward as that.

And of course that would be Levy's prerogative but Kane still holds the aces. Playing out the final year of his contact wouldn't be the end of the world for him.

Remember this team worth half a billion from 2017?

Lloris
Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose
Dembele, Wanyama
Eriksen, Dele, Son
Kane

So far we have made decent money for one of those players - Walker.

The strategy has been to keep players and let them run their contracts down rather than get decent cash and move on.

Tell me, where has that got us? Shall we do it with the last two, even though they they are not all in on this project?

At least Walker was honest. He gave 100% until the day he left for pastures new.

Remember this team worth half a billion from 2017?

Lloris
Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose
Dembele, Wanyama
Eriksen, Dele, Son
Kane

So far we have made decent money for one of those players - Walker.

The strategy has been to keep players and let them run their contracts down rather than get decent cash and move on.

Tell me, where has that got us? Shall we do it with the last two, even though they they are not all in on this project?

At least Walker was honest. He gave 100% until the day he left for pastures new.

Is that the goal? to $£profit£$ on players?!? Never thought of us as a selling club, but instead one that milks all that it can out of players of high value, on the field.

Go back a couple seasons and you'll find the high profit sales in Bale & Modric, and that was a better team too, so the inference fails when you exclude the two highest players sales in club history, one being world-wide historic at the time.

We've had no problem with buy/keep/sell values, and profiting on players that have value in them, over the years.

Selling Kane is stupid.

Is that the goal? to $£profit£$ on players?!? Never thought of us as a selling club, but instead one that milks all that it can out of players of high value, on the field.

Go back a couple seasons and you'll find the high profit sales in Bale & Modric, and that was a better team too, so the inference fails when you exclude the two highest players sales in club history, one being world-wide historic at the time.

We've had no problem with buy/keep/sell values, and profiting on players that have value in them, over the years.

Selling Kane is stupid.

It's not about profit. It's about improving. Every club has the right time to sell, even Utd with Ronaldo, Staam, Vidic, Beckham etc. Also, Modric wasn't a high profit sale.

There has been no fun watching Hugo, Toby, Jan, Dembele etc struggle to play at an elite level at the end, with no adequate replacements. Who's to say that some decent cash for them couldn't have accelerated our improvement.

There has been no fun watching Eriksen, Kane just play on their own terms and quit on the fans. Erisken was never going to sign a contract and was never going to perform at the levels he could. We should have moved on quicker with both.

There has been no fun watching the demise of Rose, Dele, Sonny etc to the point where they can't function effectively in the team. I hope we can recover Sonny, but I thought that about the other two.

Finally, the injury to Big Vic was sad, but these things happen.

This isn't a money debate. It's a football one. I think we're too timid when it comes to churning senior players. It holds us back.