• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's interesting putting yourself in ten Hag's shoes. He absolutely must get the club to tie Rashford down to a new deal. I believe he'll want to get rid of Martial as well. Then he has the Greenwood fiasco to work through.

Does he have to choose between Kane or Osimhen, or can he stretch to both?

I think he would choose Osimhen if it was a straight choice. Kane would just get in the way of Fernandez and Eriksen in their setup. He needs someone getting beyond them.

I believe that even one of them may put them at risk in FFPR terms; it's why they went for a striker 'loan' in January after spending £200mill last summer: net debt at the Manure has gone from £260million in 2015 to £660million at the end of last year.

Just let that sink in: for the supposed financial giant that is a 153 per cent increase in the club’s total debt (money that is owed or due to others) minus any cash it has in the bank in seven years, which is now nil.

This is presumably one reason at least some of the Glazer family would like to sell the club or, as their public relations experts put it, explore “strategic alternatives” to their continued ownership, given that they now can't take their regular £30 mill a year in dividends.

So unless they sell quickly or get investment in fast, my view would be that without a mass clear out and an influx of serious funds, they'll be stretching just to spend on one top striker, let alone two...

Those that 'know' his camp are happy to repeat what they say he's said to them, which is almost word for word what I was told when he changed his advisors; he wants silverware. He doesn't want to be known as the one club man who broke all records but never won anything.

Greatest player ever not to win a trophy is a great differentiator. Better than going down in history as a 100M flop!

Surely it would be just the same as hiring Mourinho and Conte, it would be a challenge too far for him without a blank cheque book.

Agreed. A tried, tested and failed approach to managers under ENIC.
Poch worked because he was relatively unknown, had a little bit of Prem experience and came into the club at a time where good young squad was about to reach it's peak.
We rode those years playing to his philosophy with the right tools for the job. Possibly an overachievement but it certainly made for a fun few years as a fan.

For this reason, we need to revert back to recruiting a Poch mkII, ie. a young, forward thinking manger/coach who can get a tune from a mix of youth and experience whilst not demanding hundreds of millions in transfer kitty to achieve top four and convincing cup runs.

Not much to ask surely!?

Surely it would be just the same as hiring Mourinho and Conte, it would be a challenge too far for him without a blank cheque book.
It would be interesting to see what he tries his hand at next if he were to win the CL with City. There must be a small feeling of having 'done' it all at those big clubs. Makes you wonder if he wants a challenge with a smaller budget.

I guess alternatively could go to PSG or an Italian club and try his hand there.

It would be interesting to see what he tries his hand at next if he were to win the CL with City. There must be a small feeling of having 'done' it all at those big clubs. Makes you wonder if he wants a challenge with a smaller budget.

I guess alternatively could go to PSG or an Italian club and try his hand there.

According to his agent and Brother Pere, his next and only big ambition is to be a national manager, so I could easily see him finally winning the CL and then calling it a day...

According to his agent and Brother Pere, his next and only big ambition is to be a national manager, so I could easily see him finally winning the CL and then calling it a day...
I overlooked the international role as I can't imagine him being well suited to the small role throughout the year that managers have. But having said that he maybe won't be motivated for club management ever again if he feels like he's completed everything he wanted to achieve.

Spain would love to have him. Although I wonder if pro Catalan views may be a stumbling block between him and the Spanish FA

I overlooked the international role as I can't imagine him being well suited to the small role throughout the year that managers have. But having said that he maybe won't be motivated for club management ever again if he feels like he's completed everything he wanted to achieve.

Spain would love to have him. Although I wonder if pro Catalan views may be a stumbling block between him and the Spanish FA

Pep has been a strong advocate for the independence movement for many years, he's now shunned by most ex- Spanish players (although he played for Spain) because of his views, and is widely and often attacked by the Spanish media, even now.

The RFEF have also widely briefed against ever appointing him, so I think being their coach is a non-starter, unless he had a very public change of views.

I wonder what effect Conte’s outburst will have on Harry Kane. Will he reflect on it? Will it switch some light bulbs on in his brain? Can he see the writing on the wall? Will he think, That’s it, I’m out of here.

He already has the Spurs goal record which is hard to see ever being beaten - although I thought the same about Jimmy - and will add to it before the end of the season. He can still beat the PL record by continuing his career at any other PL club …. and probably get a medal or two as well.

If it was me, I’d leave. If it was you ….?

I bet he won't look deep enough to realise he is part of the problem here.

I can't find his sprint stats, but the last time I saw them he was bottom in the league for sprints being made by a striker.

His barely moving, half arsed jogging is getting tiresome.

His header yesterday though was a thing of beauty.

Its simple for me, HK is now a "big I am" maybe deservedly so! but no player is bigger than the club, stay and show your love for the club or just simply leave, maybe the mess will improve.

Maybe take Lloris, Dier, Davies, Son with you, get the old guard out, it is obvious the rot in the changing room.

Am so pissed I really don't know what else to say, I might just babbling on in frustration.