• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hope he has a rethink. Whats the chances he starts to enjoy things again at Spurs, goes into next season with a spring in his step and signs a new contract. Whats left on his current one at the end of the season? 2yrs?

All i want is 100% from him. Thats all i have ever wanted from him because the rest takes care of itself. A happy Kane at Spurs is a guarantee of legend status and goals.

If he does leave i think it will be Man Utd. Guess what......thats no bed of roses without any guarantees.

His satisfaction level will wholely depend on us achieving a top 4 finish now; his personal appearance and sponsorship deals earnings will be halved whilst he isn't being showcased at the top level.

Doesn't really matter what he wants. We all know Levy holds the cards. He proved in the summer he won't budge.

Still not ruling out he sees his deal out with us.

Interesting words from everyone's favourite pundit, Stan Collymore

"It was an exceptional all-round strike performance," Collymore said. "But where has it been all season? Is it grossly unfair on Tottenham and their fans who pay his wages that they don’t see it more.

"How can you be world-class one week, and then be just ok, within yourself, for the previous 20 games? Harry has got two years of being able to score top numbers. He is not the physical presence that Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Cristiano Ronaldo are.

"But I do wonder if he has missed the boat on a big move. If City win the Champions League this season Pep Guardiola may say actually the reason to sign Harry, that extra push for the European trophy, doesn’t apply anymore.

"Do they want to spend big, and give a five year contract to a man who is 29 before next season, or go for Erling Haaland, who would be at his peak.

"On Saturday we saw Harry finding the edge to be so good that Pep can’t ignore him next summer. But if it’s Kane or Haaland, they’ll sign Haaland and they’ll be future proofed by it. There is no way he should be 16th top scorer in the Prem.

"He would only be worth £70million this summer, and it won’t be financial restrictions that stop it. City need a striker, but it all depends on whether they can get Haaland. The next phase for City probably means looking to the next generation.

"That performance against City, brilliant though it was, showed a disrespect to Spurs for his levels in other games this season."

Whilst I mostly agree with Stan about Harry's well discussed attitude issue, I do hope that he can find some motivation from somewhere to get us as high as possible in the PL this season.

We all know what Harry can do single handedly when he crosses the white line with the right attitude. That is the few occasions that he gets into that World Class bucket.

Honestly can't find much wrong with the article. I found myself wondering the same throughout and after the City match...and it kind of pissed me off.

Where the shit has that been all year!

Kane has plenty of talent derived from an outstanding work ethic. He has zero motivation to help the collective (a word I hate but applies here) and with the City/Burnley combination has proven that without question.

Out.

Kane is the focus of our team, whether you like it or not; if he were sold and Alli retained, our decline into obscurity would be complete.

Kane is the most predictable of all of them....Big Game, oh mummy I am scared, never turns up.

Ok he did on Saturday, but that was only for himself to show Pep what he has missed this season.

And what have we won with Kane being the focus of the team? What have England won with Kane being the focus of the team?

Kane wasn't fit for perhaps the biggest final of them all in the CL, and shouldn't have played, let alone start. What did we get from a fit Alli before his stench was removed from the pitch?

Kane wasn't fit for perhaps the biggest final of them all in the CL, and shouldn't have played, let alone start. What did we get from a fit Alli before his stench was removed from the pitch?
I wasn't comparing Kane with Dele, I'm just asking what we and England have won with Kane as the focus of the team? The answer is zilch so would he have been that big a miss if we had sold him for zillions and replaced him with a young hungry striker? I think we should sell him and Son in the summer while they still have some value and put the funds towards the rebuild which still has a long way to go.

That's agreed, but we all know Kane put pressure on Poch to play him, Poch like a doh! obeyed!

I wasn't comparing Kane with Dele, I'm just asking what we and England have won with Kane as the focus of the team? The answer is zilch so would he have been that big a miss if we had sold him for zillions and replaced him with a young hungry striker? I think we should sell him and Son in the summer while they still have some value and put the funds towards the rebuild which still has a long way to go.

Without Kane's goals and assists in recent seasons, we'd be heading for a relegation fight and be knocking on the door of the championship.

Kane and Son are our only two genuine world class players. We should be building a team around them capable of competing with the best in Europe, because that's where they belong. Unfortunately, with maybe one or two exceptions, none of the other players that we have at Spurs currently are good enough to be part of the 'dream team', and the number of signings we would need would be prohibitive both in terms of cost, and willingness to join us.
Alternative longer term solution therefore is to sell them, together with other high priced 'assets' currently out on loan, retain some proven experience as the core of the squad, and then use the considerable funding raised from the sale of Kane, Son, Ndombele and Lo Celso, to start buying up some of the best young talent in the UK and Europe. Under the right management this approach could evolve into something much better than we have currently, but it will take time and patience.