• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They really aren't a myth; his ankle injuries have made him susceptible to rolling his ankle and when he does, he'll be stretching scar tissue (that hardens over time and prohibits flexibility), which is why his standing starts are slower and he can't or won't pivot off his feet the way he once did.

If he does it one more time, he'll have ankles that will feel like they're made of glass.

Look at all his previous ankle injuries though, they are all as a result of a bad challenge or being extremely unlucky.

I don't doubt it has affected his game and your last paragraph about being made of glass. When I hear he has ankle problems it makes it sound like an injury that just reoccurs as a result of general play. He has been unlucky.

Look at all his previous ankle injuries though, they are all as a result of a bad challenge or being extremely unlucky.

I don't doubt it has affected his game and your last paragraph about being made of glass. When I hear he has ankle problems it makes it sound like an injury that just reoccurs as a result of general play. He has been unlucky.

he has been unlucky, but both my daughters (both athletes in different fields) have had almost the identical injuries as Harry, sadly because of this, I've attended so many top consultant/surgeon sessions in Harley street, it's not funny - seriously, they reoccur because once the ligaments/sinews have been strained beyond tehir normal tolerances, the scar tissue causes untold performance issues and general impediments that aren't easily solved, even when you think surgery might have..

If I am right a good example of new scars forming is....

Have an abdominal opp' to remove something like, say a tumour! well after all the repairs are done, new scar tissue forms internally round the cut area's, thus a tightening up etc, because the normal repair system of the human body is unbelievable, but there is always a but, that's why many peops who have had such opps complain of further pain afterwards.

I think the same prob happens with Ankle probs, ok I might be wrong, but there you go.

There might be no comparison lol!

When you consider how prolific Kane has been for Spurs it puts in context what a phenomenal record Shearer's is.

I bet Shearer wonders what could have been if he went to United from Southampton.

Just imagine if he had Beckham and Giggs providing the crosses his whole career. Then the vision of Scholes, Cantona.

If he didn't get the knee injury and went to United I reckon you could add another 100 league goals.

If I am right a good example of new scars forming is....

Have an abdominal opp' to remove something like, say a tumour! well after all the repairs are done, new scar tissue forms internally round the cut area's, thus a tightening up etc, because the normal repair system of the human body is unbelievable, but there is always a but, that's why many peops who have had such opps complain of further pain afterwards.

I think the same prob happens with Ankle probs, ok I might be wrong, but there you go.

There might be no comparison lol!

Scar tissue is a bitch. I went over my ankle 5 years ago training for an ultra marathon. Did my ligaments and chipped some bone.

The scar tissue on my Achilles is getting worse for sure. You can see and feel the lump.

I suppose when money is no object I'm sure it's easier to have surgery to clean it up but there's no guarantee.

Scar tissue is a bitch. I went over my ankle 5 years ago training for an ultra marathon. Did my ligaments and chipped some bone.

The scar tissue on my Achilles is getting worse for sure. You can see and feel the lump.

I suppose when money is no object I'm sure it's easier to have surgery to clean it up but there's no guarantee.
RD correct words....there's no guarantee!

Can't help but watch how much effort other strikers are putting in. Vardy is 6 years older than Harry and still sprinting around the pitch. He shuts down aggressively and is always a willing runner for the players behind him, even when 3-0 down.

I hope Antonio gives Harry the tough love he needs so Spurs get that same commitment.

Ahhh.... I love how Kane continues to get the benefit of the doubt on TV. They are talking about the lack of service being his issue. LOL

While lack of quality service is true...we need to be better on that front. What they fail to talk about is what Kane is doing wrong:

-Movement off the ball = SHITE. Watch him...he meanders around at a trot...no sprinting runs....no logical movement whatsoever....or he stands next to defenders or behind them.

**Oh yeah...of course he drifts back and throws our shape in the shitter...thanks dude. So when we are looking for our striker up top...and he is nowhere to be found.

-Hold up play = SHITE. For a bigger guy...he can't hold the ball at all. Which is unfortunate because Kane is a very good passer. He can't win aerial duals...and he is useless with his back to goal.

-Attitude/Leadership = SHITE...don't even get me started on this. NAFFER

I know there is more...but I am too pissed.

Interesting words from everyone's favourite pundit, Stan Collymore

"It was an exceptional all-round strike performance," Collymore said. "But where has it been all season? Is it grossly unfair on Tottenham and their fans who pay his wages that they don’t see it more.

"How can you be world-class one week, and then be just ok, within yourself, for the previous 20 games? Harry has got two years of being able to score top numbers. He is not the physical presence that Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Cristiano Ronaldo are.

"But I do wonder if he has missed the boat on a big move. If City win the Champions League this season Pep Guardiola may say actually the reason to sign Harry, that extra push for the European trophy, doesn’t apply anymore.

"Do they want to spend big, and give a five year contract to a man who is 29 before next season, or go for Erling Haaland, who would be at his peak.

"On Saturday we saw Harry finding the edge to be so good that Pep can’t ignore him next summer. But if it’s Kane or Haaland, they’ll sign Haaland and they’ll be future proofed by it. There is no way he should be 16th top scorer in the Prem.

"He would only be worth £70million this summer, and it won’t be financial restrictions that stop it. City need a striker, but it all depends on whether they can get Haaland. The next phase for City probably means looking to the next generation.

"That performance against City, brilliant though it was, showed a disrespect to Spurs for his levels in other games this season."

Whilst I mostly agree with Stan about Harry's well discussed attitude issue, I do hope that he can find some motivation from somewhere to get us as high as possible in the PL this season.

We all know what Harry can do single handedly when he crosses the white line with the right attitude. That is the few occasions that he gets into that World Class bucket.

This is one of the reasons I started the player ratings thread. Perception v Reality.

I reviewed 10 games ratings randomly that Harry has played in this season.

Last season his average across the whole period rated by posters, media and websites was 6.63.
His average across the 10 games this season is 6.47.
Of those 10 he had the highest rating in 4.

I can't see City going for him now. Unless they can get him on the cheap.

He needs 88 Premier league goals to beat Shearer's record. Whatever happens he will make a deal happen to help him beat it.

The Haaland deals look very complicated.

If Poch goes to Utd, things get interesting.

Lukaku 7 touches, Chelsea will be in the hunt for a new striker. Could even offer the swap deal.

2 year left on his contract.

The Haaland deals look very complicated.

If Poch goes to Utd, things get interesting.

Lukaku 7 touches, Chelsea will be in the hunt for a new striker. Could even offer the swap deal.

2 year left on his contract.

Can't see us selling to the chavs. Lukaku seems to want an Italian return.

Wouldn't be surprised if United go for him though.

I hope he has a rethink. Whats the chances he starts to enjoy things again at Spurs, goes into next season with a spring in his step and signs a new contract. Whats left on his current one at the end of the season? 2yrs?

All i want is 100% from him. Thats all i have ever wanted from him because the rest takes care of itself. A happy Kane at Spurs is a guarantee of legend status and goals.

If he does leave i think it will be Man Utd. Guess what......thats no bed of roses without any guarantees.