• Leave to other PL team

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Leave to non-PL team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay at Spurs

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had a feast last night - ok they really were a pub team, but it shouldn't do his confidence any harm..let's hope he can bring that form back to Spurs.

Can't do any harm. It's all about whether he is willing to work harder in a Spurs shirt. He didn't have to for these 2 England games, but will in the PL.

Also, until Abraham came on he was playing much further forward. I wonder whether Conte will adopt the same strategy.

Had a feast last night - ok they really were a pub team, but it shouldn't do his confidence any harm..let's hope he can bring that form back to Spurs.
Gotta win the penalties first!....and therein lies our problem. No creativity and lack of shots on goal.

Oppositions like San Marino make a mockery of all the records that get broken in modern 'international' football, as do the caps earned.

Could there be a two tier system for world football or even 3. ?

I think finally people are getting the point of the nations league. It ensures that equally seeded teams play against each other and counts towards a trophy and qualification. Last night's game was just boring. Go back to the NL Spain, Croatia games from a couple of years back and they were up there with the most entertaining games in the PL and CL.

Could there be a two tier system for world football or even 3. ?
They could just as easily create an International Conference League with all these minnows and top 3 progress to the WC qualification. At least they get to preserve their pride.

Strange how lucky Southgate gets draws in his favour!...will probably earn him a knighthood!

They could just as easily create an International Conference League with all these minnows and top 3 progress to the WC qualification. At least they get to preserve their pride.

Strange how lucky Southgate gets draws in his favour!...will probably earn him a knighthood!

Was thinking the same CS re Nations conference league. Could immediately think of 8 maybe 9 countries and at least they may well improve between themselves and it gives them something to aim for in qualification places. They might even have their own NCL trophy.

Ode to Harry Kane
They’d love him if he played in Spain
They’d sing viva, viva Harry Kane
But over here the Spurs fans foam
He doesn’t run enough they moan
Since he tilted for a move
They are spurned lovers who will not soothe
They want him dropped they want him out
But he’s our best there is no doubt
They really hate it when he scores it only irritates their sores
His England hat tricks, count for naught
They want his time there to be short
He can take us to the firmament
But they’d rather give him punishment
He was once one of our own
But for his ambition he can’t atone
He’s very bright he feels their ire
It will affect his on pitch desire
A brilliant star shone in our midst
He deserves much better than this
Stars have ambition and they want glory
Come on lads let’s change the story.

Ode to Harry Kane
Ha ha Timbo, you said "He's very bright" love it!

Ode to Harry Kane

Always space for a poetry thread if you want to write a weekly (or daily) Ode

My favourite lines....genius

4 goals against the mighty San Marino. So impressed. Not.

The Harry is god act still lives I see.

He will break the England top goal scoring record. Not hard when 99% of teams are shite.

But you ain't breaking Shearer's premier league record lad and that will eat you up for the rest of your life.

He's going to smash his record mate.

If you think he's going to keep his current scoring record up for us you're seriously wrong.

If he joins City he will do it by the time he's 32.

Everyone hates Kane. I don't. I don't particularly like him either. He is playing in a struggling side and is struggling himself. Hopefully he finds some form along with the rest of the team.

I don't hate Kane. I don't know the full facts behind the situation. I have to recognise his effort for Spurs seems to have dipped and he may need dropping if its an attitude problem or a clash of principle between him and the club.

Kane is a "professional" footballer. Most comments have been about him being less than professional. The Gary Neville interview, the summer delay, the instagram post etc. It is not very professional letting your running stats and general commitment on the pitch decline when you're taking a massive salary, paid for by the fans of THFC.

If I'm honest, my biggest beef was with the media narrative constantly protecting him. I found it hard to read words like "consummate professional" when he has been anything but that in 2021. When the media narrative finally caught up, I was happier because I guessed that would be the hardest thing for him to take. In other words, he might start being professional in his job again and us fans would benefit again. If not, I was happy for him to not play for 3 seasons.

I'm still very happy for Kane to leave in January. He's given us a decade of service and is perfectly entitled to go and seek his fortune elsewhere. It's up to him and his agent to get the money we need.

It's not about hate though. It's just fans being pragmatic.

Kane is a "professional" footballer. Most comments have been about him being less than professional. The Gary Neville interview, the summer delay, the instagram post etc. It is not very professional letting your running stats and general commitment on the pitch decline when you're taking a massive salary, paid for by the fans of THFC.

If I'm honest, my biggest beef was with the media narrative constantly protecting him. I found it hard to read words like "consummate professional" when he has been anything but that in 2021. When the media narrative finally caught up, I was happier because I guessed that would be the hardest thing for him to take. In other words, he might start being professional in his job again and us fans would benefit again. If not, I was happy for him to not play for 3 seasons.

I'm still very happy for Kane to leave in January. He's given us a decade of service and is perfectly entitled to go and seek his fortune elsewhere. It's up to him and his agent to get the money we need.

It's not about hate though. It's just fans being pragmatic.

The more he undermines us the more he is disliked. Perfectly understandable. Mind you I have never liked him.