Happy St George's day ! | Page 3 | Vital Football

Happy St George's day !

There is no "context" for white people using derogatory racial terms for blacks and Asians, on an internet forum used predominately by other whites. Thankfully the offending post was quickly removed.
It was removed because they like a quiet life. Of course there is context to use such words: quoting somebody for starters. And yet have the brass neck to say that when you have openly displayed hatred against muslims.

Seemed odd to me, but not long after moving up here I had fish and chips in Lancaster and the shop vendor automatically included a buttered barm (soft white roll) with the order ........ I`ve also had fish & chips up here with the fish in curried batter.

Happy St George`s Day everyone.....

Not even slightly curry authentic but a great combo and one of the Yorkshire things I miss.

Can anyone honestly remember the year they first remember talk of and celebration of St George's Day?

I worked with a man who would come to work on Yorkshire Day with the most ridiculously large white rose badge.

I remember marching with Scouts for a Sunday service doubling the Queen's birthday and St. George's Day, but making it like St Patrick's is recent and, like mass clappings, and private displays of flags, damned un-English. I blame Di.

A special dept will be set up to ensure
a- parents put everything else before their kids
b- the welfare of ethnic minorities are put before the welfare of the british
c- paedophiles welfare is prioritised and they must not be victimized
d Everyone who is proud to be English is under strict curfew.
e anyone who has views slightly to the right of centre are branded racists, labelled thick, and put on a register.
The more intelligent and arrogant citizens with views from slightly to the left of centre will be classed as a superior race and entitled to free everything.

The first minister in charge will be that well known arrogant superior and highly intelligent (his own views). namely AK

This has turned into one of the most spiteful and depressing threads in recent weeks.

People are dying out there and we are in lock down (and admit it) frightened for our lives. This thread should take us away from the old left v right, Brexit v remain, racist v self righteous agendas. Plenty of time to revisit these same old arguments later.

For the moment let's respect our heritage, applaud the front liners at 8pm and enjoy some funny posts and lively debates about the one thing that unites us.

[.
A special dept will be set up to ensure
a- parents put everything else before their kids
b- the welfare of ethnic minorities are put before the welfare of the british
c- paedophiles welfare is prioritised and they must not be victimized
d Everyone who is proud to be English is under strict curfew.
e anyone who has views slightly to the right of centre are branded racists, labelled thick, and put on a register.
The more intelligent and arrogant citizens with views from slightly to the left of centre will be classed as a superior race and entitled to free everything.

The first minister in charge will be that well known arrogant superior and highly intelligent (his own views). namely AK
Strangest post in a long time. Even for you, the pledge. What odd balls you and your fellow racist chum VG are.

Anyway, happy st georges day to everyone else.

I remember marching with Scouts for a Sunday service doubling the Queen's birthday and St. George's Day, but making it like St Patrick's is recent and, like mass clappings, and private displays of flags, damned un-English. I blame Di.

That chimes with my memories but I was beginning to wonder whether I had missed out due to a combination of time spent out of the country and an unfocused mind.

I'm all for English heritage whatever that is but I like the idea of St Edmund, a true local, and a public holiday in November and none of these Italian flags.

yes I need to apologise for my unwarranted posts. people are dying and as Phil said, this is not the time for us to bicker. My apologies to AK and everyone else annoyed or offended by my posts.

Well played that man.

გილოცავთ წმინდა გიორგის დღეს

125px-Flag_of_Georgia.svg.png