Happy St George's day ! | Vital Football

Happy St George's day !

It's OK; he never came here so didn't take any jobs. Yes, born in what is now Turkey with a Palestinian mother [ouch VG] and, almost certainly a Palestinian wife [ouch] and much revered by muslims to this day - al Khuddar [arrgh]. Oh and the flag - rented from the Italians. I'll be at an online party celebrating.

proud to be English (unlike some). Happy St George's day. Englanders the greatest (not all) people on earth. ignore the ignorant , u always talk sense vg

Last edited:
Also 23rd April is Shakespeare's Birthday.

Who could forget those immortal lines:

"A goal, a goal, my kingdom for a goal"?

or this...

'I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot;
Follow your spirit: and upon this charge,
Cry — God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

William Shakespeare, Henry V

or this...

'I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
Straining upon the start. The game's afoot;
Follow your spirit: and upon this charge,
Cry — God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

William Shakespeare, Henry V
Should be "Cry - God for Hanlon and Saint George!"

Or that other great couplet:

"Offside or not offside
That is the question.
Whether t'is nobler in the mind to suffer
The whistle and flaggings of outrageous reffing..."

Happy St George's Day! Sod the ones who think it's racist to celebrate being English!
Pretty sure no one believes that.

There are of course a few who want to celebrate being English, but are a tad ashamed to celebrate in fear of being associated with a load of utter racists like VG who do indeed make a point of celebrating it and are usually the 'loudest' on st georges day, as if its a political statement rather than actual genuine celebration.

Ill celebrate nonetheless. Not going to let these racists jumping on it for political purposes ruin my celebration of my pride in england.

I might get in a queue for no reason and talk about the weather, and then apologise for other peoples mistakes. Fish and chips definitely on the cards for dinner tonight.

Pretty sure no one believes that.

There are of course a few who want to celebrate being English, but are a tad ashamed to celebrate in fear of being associated with a load of utter racists like VG who do indeed make a point of celebrating it and are usually the 'loudest' on st georges day, as if its a political statement rather than actual genuine celebration.

Ill celebrate nonetheless. Not going to let these racists jumping on it for political purposes ruin my celebration of my pride in england.

I might get in a queue for no reason and talk about the weather, and then apologise for other peoples mistakes. Fish and chips definitely on the cards for dinner tonight.

Why don't you just 'grass me up' ?
You're pretty good at that !
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Why don't you just 'grass me up' ?
You're pretty good at that !
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Now theres an idea. What you done wrong? Unfortunately, being stupid isnt a crime on this board so im not sure we've got much on you to grass up atm. Unfortunately your presence will continue for now.

My favourite irony though is a bloke who left England for Spain being the most vociferous celebrating St. George's day and pride in being English. Excellent.

Who is 'we' ?
As far as I'm aware , it's only you and MM have confessed to running to admin
when you've been offended by a hurty word?

We? Oh im sure theres many more than just two of us who would be quite happy if you crawled back under whatever rock you dragged your knuckles out from.

Offended by a hurty word? Ive not grassed anyone up for a hurty word. I have reported one person ever and one person only and that was someone who was already banned. i asked admin to (re-)remove a user who has been rightfully banned already, but started posting again under a new name. The bloke is a nuisance, i personally dont want the board ruined and theres no other way of dealing with it IMO. Ignoring clearly wont work (it hasnt worked for you) and theres no way to locate the bloke and give him a good hiding, so there dont seem to be many other options available than remove his access.

Your playground attitude is cringeworthy, but unsurprising, given your views on other subjects.

How on earth can you be proud of where you are born? Such a weird concept. Does anyine REALLY give a fk about a Saint? Patron saint days are a nonsense. I'd rather have a Florence Nightingale day.

Happy St George`s Day - i`m proud to be English also. Will have something traditionally English for supper this evening - thought about Lancashire Hotpot - but don`t really like that too much tbh; think i`ll go with Shepherds Pie :hug:

Chicken Tikka Masala for me then.
Proper English grub.