Happy Chris Wilder? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Happy Chris Wilder?

Out of morbid curiosity I was reading some Boro based social media last night. Plenty of raw emotion after a damaging defeat followed by an explosive interview by Wilder burying his players.

He's been there 5 months and already split the fanbase. Those saying his points average throughout the season would have been enough for top 6 and he's doing a good job and those saying he's a spin merchant who deflects blame and a one trick pony when it comes to tactics. Some even calling for his head.

If he doesn't go to Burnley it looks like he'll be busy in the transfer market. I expect a couple of ex Blades to make their way to Teeside.

Out of morbid curiosity I was reading some Boro based social media last night. Plenty of raw emotion after a damaging defeat followed by an explosive interview by Wilder burying his players.

He's been there 5 months and already split the fanbase. Those saying his points average throughout the season would have been enough for top 6 and he's doing a good job and those saying he's a spin merchant who deflects blame and a one trick pony when it comes to tactics. Some even calling for his head.

If he doesn't go to Burnley it looks like he'll be busy in the transfer market. I expect a couple of ex Blades to make their way to Teeside.
Suggest Mousset Burke and Mcburnie for starters.

Suggest Mousset Burke and Mcburnie for starters.

Even our Chris in't daft enough to take Mousset or McBurnie on. Wouldn't be surprised by Burke, Didzy and Kean Bryan. He'd be interested in Bash and Osborn if they're let go as well.

I'd be surprised if CW was looking at Burke
PH said a few weeks ago, that it's not always who you bring in - it's who you get out
I'm guessing CW wanted Callum Robinson out - and Burke was a makeweight/least worst option for a deal to be done
🤷🏻‍♂️

Wilder had been dreaming of a reunion with United’s Dean Henderson after they spent two successful seasons together at Sheffield United between 2018-2020.
But Hendo is still holding out for a Premier League move — either as a loan or a buy.
Championship side Boro were prepared to pay £40,000 a week towards Henderson’s salary but United wanted more.

His record with signings in the Championship with us was decent enough to be fair.

He's now going for the same players he would be if he was still here. But pathetically, we can't afford them, while Boro can.

His record with signings in the Championship with us was decent enough to be fair.

He's now going for the same players he would be if he was still here. But pathetically, we can't afford them, while Boro can.
I agree but he did dip into the lower leagues for untested players in his 2nd season. Obviously money played a part..

Stevens
Baldock
Heneghan
Holmes
Leonard
Lundstram