Happy Chris Wilder? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Happy Chris Wilder?

Not to me he doesn't. Who is ths Simon Jordan in CW's life?

I think Jordan's 'projecting' as the kids say. He can relate Wilder's conduct to some of his own experiences of managers who've worked under him.

Jordan's criticism does flirt with being unnecessarily personal and vindictive though, and I say that as someone who mostly agrees with what he's saying.

I think Jordan's 'projecting' as the kids say. He can relate Wilder's conduct to some of his own experiences of managers who've worked under him.

Jordan's criticism does flirt with being unnecessarily personal and vindictive though, and I say that as someone who mostly agrees with what he's saying.
He is certainly forthright and has the experiences to back up a lot of what he says from his time owning C Palace.
He is often right too.

Generally, when someone dons the red and white a lot of objectivity disappears eg some will still defend McPub despite his glaring lack of being able to do the job he was bought to do. Were he across the city we would be posting daily about his failure but the red and white cloak veils some of that.
I reckon CW, a hero for 3 and a half years for us still his a thicker cloak but it's not wearing that well.

The only reason surely he would leave is due to money and the possibility of PL football. Burnley isn't relegated (yet) but would be in good infrastructure to guide them back into the PL. Having said that, it would be a bit shitty (and Steve Bruce esq) to jump ship after just 6 months in charge at Boro.

But I don't and think he should shut his trap Raum. He hasn't heard CW's story and neither have we mate.

But I don't and think he should shut his trap Raum. He hasn't heard CW's story and neither have we mate.
He has as much right to say what he likes on any subject as anybody else.
The fact that it may not concur with your thoughts is immaterial and expecting him to keep quiet would be against all principles of free speech.
Same goes for all others involved.
BTW ever considered there might not be a story to hear?

He has as much right to say what he likes on any subject as anybody else.
The fact that it may not concur with your thoughts is immaterial and expecting him to keep quiet would be against all principles of free speech.
Same goes for all others involved.
BTW ever considered there might not be a story to hear?
Thought you'd pick up on this TT. Well I say he hasn't but lets agree to disagree mate.
No story to hear? Possibly but how would we know if he doesn't tell us? IMO always three sides to every story.

Last edited:
Managers, like anyone else, can ply their trade anywhere they choose and if a better offer comes along, then they are free to pursue it....unless, and this is Jordans point, unless they have an existing contract. Then they all play the game about denials/not denials, effectively forcing their club to allow them to leave and not honour their contract.

There's been plenty at it over the years, saying one thing while obviously meaning the exact opposite, and doing it until they get their way, and are released to go to the next one. In that, Jordon is absolutely right. He has also run one more league football club than all of us put together, so I don't think it fair to write it off as sour grapes.

He had a pop at Wilder a couple of times when he managed us, mainly because of his blame everybody but himself attitude when things weren't going well especially him putting down the owner. I suppose we can understand why Jordan thought that it wasn't right with his history but let's be honest, as the weeks and the wailing wore on plenty of Blades (including yours truly) thought exactly the same. Here we had this lovely cheeky chappy who marketed himself superbly and basked in the praise and glory for all it was worth in the good times, but then turned into a sulky slippery shouldered mardy arse who literally couldn't hack it when things got tough. That's my view anyway.

He had a pop at Wilder a couple of times when he managed us, mainly because of his blame everybody but himself attitude when things weren't going well especially him putting down the owner. I suppose we can understand why Jordan thought that it wasn't right with his history but let's be honest, as the weeks and the wailing wore on plenty of Blades (including yours truly) thought exactly the same. Here we had this lovely cheeky chappy who marketed himself superbly and basked in the praise and glory for all it was worth in the good times, but then turned into a sulky slippery shouldered mardy arse who literally couldn't hack it when things got tough. That's my view anyway.
You’re getting as bad as SBT for sitting on the fence

Long thread over on S2 about Simon Jordan's latest comments.

Wilder still remains an open wound for us doesn't he ? If he becomes a villain at Boro, coupled with time just passing that might ease up. I doubt even rodders would defend him walking out so soon on Boro.
I will back Our Chris for his spell at BDBL always Raumy,what he does now is up to him.He may think now after some of the "fickle" BLADES turned on One of our Own that if he gets a better offer he'll do what's r8 for him and his family.I think some of you will slaughter him if he takes Boro up and say he aint a BLADE or slam him for not being a good manager if he doesn't take Boro up.By the way according to the Beeb gossip page ex BLADE Rob Page is the number one choice for the Burnley job. UTB

If we get new ownership it could be a good idea to take him back.

If he could be without anyone he had problems with previously, and was able to truly overhaul the squad, freshen it all up and start again, I think he'd fare better than the absolute majority of alternative appointments.

There's no doubt he has a massive point to prove as well which may just reignite him.

Many would have taken Warnock back at various points after initially insisting 'never'. It'll be the same with Wilder. I'm just skipping 2 or 3 years of the process. But unlike Warnock, I'm quite sure that Wilder will come back one day.

I will back Our Chris for his spell at BDBL always Raumy,what he does now is up to him.He may think now after some of the "fickle" BLADES turned on One of our Own that if he gets a better offer he'll do what's r8 for him and his family.I think some of you will slaughter him if he takes Boro up and say he aint a BLADE or slam him for not being a good manager if he doesn't take Boro up.By the way according to the Beeb gossip page ex BLADE Rob Page is the number one choice for the Burnley job. UTB

Our Chris always does what's reight for our Chris, don't worry about that.

If the takeover goes ahead we'll have the pick of the managerial litter to choose from - Zidane, Mancini. Pochettino, Garry Monk.

If we get new ownership it could be a good idea to take him back.

If he could be without anyone he had problems with previously, and was able to truly overhaul the squad, freshen it all up and start again, I think he'd fare better than the absolute majority of alternative appointments.

There's no doubt he has a massive point to prove as well which may just reignite him.

Many would have taken Warnock back at various points after initially insisting 'never'. It'll be the same with Wilder. I'm just skipping 2 or 3 years of the process. But unlike Warnock, I'm quite sure that Wilder will come back one day.

I don't think wilder is a bad coach. I think knilly is better by he way. I do think Wilder failed to surround himself with the best when we went up. Leading to bad decisions all around. At a much ;lower seen that in the CPL over here

Our Chris always does what's reight for our Chris, don't worry about that.

If the takeover goes ahead we'll have the pick of the managerial litter to choose from - Zidane, Mancini. Pochettino, Garry Monk.
Why shouldn't he? Don't you do the same Raumy? UTB