Graham Taylor - A Great Loss To AVFC And Football | Page 2 | Vital Football

Graham Taylor - A Great Loss To AVFC And Football

Genuinely was sat at work with tears in my eyes 10 minutes ago.

RIP to an absolute gentleman, true Villa legend and a hero of mine growing up.

The Football League statement: “We are extremely saddened to hear Graham Taylor has passed away, aged 72,” read a statement from the Football League. A genuine legend of the game. Our thoughts are with his family.”

A family statement: "With the greatest sadness, we have to announce that Graham passed away at his home early this morning of a suspected heart attack. The family are devastated by this sudden and totally unexpected loss."

The only thing I can say is I have been a football / Villa fan for 40 years of my life, and Graham Taylor was the person I respected most in the game.

Villa and its fans will always truly love you

One of the Villa family gone,part of our history. Just wondering what those hypocritical bastards at the Sun will have to say.

holtelower - 12/1/2017 14:17

The only thing I can say is I have been a football / Villa fan for 40 years of my life, and Graham Taylor was the person I respected most in the game.

Villa and its fans will always truly love you

Sums it up for me Holtelower.

Very sad. A great manager and a great person. Doug brought him back to the board prior to his second stint as manager, shows the respect between the two. Doug knew that Graham would tell him exactly what he thought!

wittonite - 12/1/2017 14:17

One of the Villa family gone,part of our history. Just wondering what those hypocritical bastards at the Sun will have to say.

Just what I was thinking, those bastards owed him a massive apology.

Some lovely tributes coming in...

Paul McGrath: 'Devestated (sic) to hear of Graham's sad passing, what a gentleman. In my darkest days himself and Rita were always there for me'

Tony Daley: 'Devastated to hear the news Graham Taylor has passed away. Greatest influence on my career. My condolences to Rita and family'

Elton John: 'I am deeply saddened and shocked to hear about Graham's passing. He was like a brother to me. We shared an unbreakable bond since we first met. We went on an incredible journey together and it will stay with me forever. He took my beloved Watford from the depths of the lower leagues to unchartered territory and into Europe. We have become a leading English club because of his managerial wisdom and genius. This is a sad and dark day for Watford. The club and the town. We will cherish Graham and drown our sorrows in the many brilliant memories he gave us. I love you Graham. I will miss you very much. My thoughts go out to Rita, Joanne, Karen and the whole Taylor family.'

Really saddened by this news. Don't think we can underestimate the job he did whilst at Villa. He arrived when the club was an absolute shambles from top to bottom and to think we were challenging for the first division title in his third season was nothing short of a miracle! He was also a true gent who always had time for fans. On matchday when we sometimes stood by the players entrance in the old trinity road he used to park his car right next to the railings close to the entrance..they used to drive in themselves in those days rather than being altogether on a coach...and despite always have a multitude of programmes and autograph books being thrust through the railings towards him, he would always spend time chatting, smiling and signing. A great man and a true Villa legend, forever in our hearts. RIP Sir Graham.

Graham chose Aston Villa, not the other way around, and became one of us.
He was in two consortiums trying to buy the club from Ellis , oh how i wish he had,
.A lovely bloke and a great manager, i am so sad.
RIP

big shock - my thoughts are with his family at this sad news. Great man who always spoke well of this club. A big loss to the game.

Sad news. I liked him for what he did for Villa but more than that I always held him in high regard because of who he was and how he went about it. Taylor was always a humble decent and nice man through good times and bad. His personality never turned sour even during his troublesome 2nd spell at the club when it was all doom and gloom and I've always respected him for that. He was the same respectable man in bad times as he was in good and that says a lot about a man's character.

RIP Mr Taylor.