Graham Taylor - A Great Loss To AVFC And Football | Vital Football

Graham Taylor - A Great Loss To AVFC And Football

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Oh no, news just filtering in that Graham Taylor has died, age 72. A true gent of the sport.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7522248">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Just opened the Birmingham Mail app to this sad news, I imagine there'll be a minutes silence on Saturday as he has managed both clubs.

Wish i had tickets for Saturday.
Graham taylors claret and blue army lets sing it all through the game like we used to.

RIP GT

Graham Taylor formed a backdrop to me growing up with football, his successes prior to joining AVFC and taking a nothing club to challenge for honours made a great impression on me.

When we appointed Graham Turner, I was sure the radio had got it wrong and I was gutted.

The papers will probably go on about long ball, but his skill was in the ability to adapt his style to the players available.

Thanks for all your efforts Graham, RIP.

Always loved this fella and I've never let a bad word be said about him , he broke my heart when he left for England and you couldn't blame him but he always referred to the Villa as "us" ... I loved that.

Rest in Peace Gaffer and thank you

His family have said he died of a suspected heart attack.

To think not that long ago we were all wanted him part of the new revolution at our club.

RIP Graham. The 89-90 season was one of my favourite in all my years supporting Villa. By all accounts a thoroughly nice bloke too and a big loss to football.

Awful news. Such a good guy for the game and held Villa in such high regard.

Truly sad.

Ricardomeister2 - 12/1/2017 13:45

RIP Graham. The 89-90 season was one of my favourite in all my years supporting Villa. By all accounts a thoroughly nice bloke too and a big loss to football.

That 89-90 season was truly magical and remains my favourite season aswell. RIP