Good Morning Thread | Page 900 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

My Easter message ...

What this country and others need NOW is a zero tolerance approach else anarchy will increase exponentially ....teachers getting attacked daily, with. parents blaming the teachers not admonishing their kids, groups of kids running amok in Milton Keynes high streets....machete attacks on the underground ..knife crime increaasing, homelessness crisis, .antisemitic behaviours, sharia laws in no go areas of some cities where we have ghetto syndromes developing .....we need to bring back conscription as a start ....to inject some respect and discipline into our next generations before it is to late but also as the global heat intensifies in increasing areas of the world....we are in danger again of heading down the pan as a race! ...could go on adinfinitum on the issues that successive govts societies have allowed to evolve.........when my ancestors came to UK they adopted the UK tradtions and values.......that is no longer the case with newcomers.......illegal entry gang creation, many bringing the worst values of their countries and cultures and not the better ones, mainly the economic migrants not settlers, who do want to make a home for themselves and live a quiet life, adding value to their communities etc, ...but its all going belly up guys..our indiginous young people disrespecting elders, fly tipping, water company dischargin effluent, greedy mega companies, health service going down the pan, corruption increasing govts forgetting they are in power to serve us, not themselves ...its defo all going to shit guys .... That said the majority out there are good people caring, trying hard to make a living, bringing their kids up to respect but they are ignored and not protected or cared for so the 'evil elements are taking over increasingly! Downward slope I fear.....the minorites are ditctating the society we are evolving into and the majorities are told to shut it!

Happy Easter one and all!:surrender:
Greavsie your post deserves..... (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

For those of you on 'the mainland' as we call it.
There are two bus services here City Bus and Ulster Bus, City Bus serves (funnily enough) 'The City' and Ulster Bus serves the rest of NI, but also goes into the city, there is also a City Bus metro service, I don't know what the feck it does but it exists.
Anyways it was decided that the route To Belfast was very congested from the East, where Stevie and I live, So what do they do, they close a traffic lane for cars and introduce yet another bus which goes on exactly the same route as City Bus, Ulster Bus, and Metro, this road has at least 35 traffic lights on it and is extremely busy. The other suggestion was to Implement a mono rail from a place 10 miles from Belfast, which means that I could drive to this place park my car use the mono rail and be in Belfast in 10 minutes, however this 'mono rail' would've went thru extremely affluent areas, so they greased a few palms and we have four different buses going down 1 road whilst cars, are on the outside lane going really no slower.
To park in Belfast (centre) for any time is usually around £2:50 an hour.
I don't go there much no a days. Not worth the hassle.
You couldn't make it up, the cheapest stooopidest option, thought up by those who don't need to use it.
I wasn't aware of a mono rail Niall. That would've been a fantastic idea for the local community to access Belfast City centre. There are plenty of out of town car parks/park & rides to leave your vehicle. I could've taken the bike.

It was never Good when I was a teenager in London …

Pubs used to open from 7 till 11 in the evenings ,Monday to Saturday … and 7 till 10-30 on Sundays .

Good Friday , the first Bank Holiday of the year , our first working day off , and the kin pubs shut at 10-30 pm .

What the Fuck ! Whoever called it good Friday was aving a tin bath ! Pub shut at half past ten ! Friday night !

It got even worse when I moved down to the sarf coast , they had summer and winter hours back then .
Pubs shut at 10-30 pm in the winter , then on May 1st till Sept 30 th they didn’t stop serving until 11-00 pm , unless there wasn’t enough people in the bar and the landlady would shut up early …. That caused a few bull and cows .
There were a few nights that we formed an exodus to the next pub down the road .
We couldn’t do it now , they have all gone , except for the privileged few .

Good Friday ….. Huh .

I hope you all enjoy your Easter weekend, however you celebrate it .
Take care , look after each other .
Sounds like a few beers will be shared around your neck of the woods. Have a good one Walt.

Finally, at last the ECHR sees sense: it's new ruling copies the one in our bill to end this extraditionc farce...

Boost for Rwanda plan as ECHR makes it harder to block deportations​

Rule change allows injunctions only where migrants face ‘imminent risk of irreparable harm’

Charles Hymas, Home Affairs Editor 28 March 2024 • 8:32pm

Rishi Sunak's Rwanda Bill is in limbo after the House of Lords defeated the Government on amendments

The European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) has toughened the requirements for migrants seeking to block deportation flights to Rwanda.
In a statement issued on Thursday, the ECHR set out a newly codified version of Rule 39 orders, which were used by Strasbourg judges to block the first deportation flight to Rwanda in June 2022.

The new version makes explicit reference to judges only being able to issue the injunctions where there would be an “imminent risk of irreparable harm” if a migrant was deported to Rwanda.

This mirrors the Government’s own conditions for exempting a migrant from deportation in its new legislation, which aims to limit legal challenges to the deportation flights.

Flights to Rwanda have been grounded since a European court judge issued its Rule 39 order at the 11th hour, sparking a legal process that culminated in a Supreme Court ruling last year that Rwanda was unsafe.

New Bill​

The Government’s new Rwanda Bill and treaty aims to answer the court’s criticisms by barring the return of anyone sent to Rwanda to their home country where they could face persecution, so-called refoulement, which was the main concern of the Supreme Court.
The legislation also bars any systemic challenge to the safety of Rwanda, but allows individual claims against deportation, though these will only be upheld if the migrants can show they would be at “real risk of serious and irreversible harm.”

It also gives ministers the right to ignore Rule 39 injunctions, although internal documents suggest that the Government’s legal advice is that they are binding.
The Bill is in limbo after the House of Lords defeated the Government on seven amendments on Monday, forcing it back to the Commons on April 15.
The move has pushed back potential Royal Assent for the legislation by three-and-a half weeks and could delay deportation flights to Rwanda from May to June.

Meanwhile, Rishi Sunak has been urged to abandon his Rwanda scheme by a United Nations human rights watchdog.
The United Nations Human Rights Committee (UNHRC) called on the UK Government to abandon the policy and repeal measures already in legislation as part of the Prime Minister’s plan to “stop the boats” crossing the English Channel.

But UK sources accused the UN of “double standards” because the international body already sends refugees to Rwanda.
The international panel was “deeply concerned about the introduction of legislative initiatives containing elements that discriminate against migrants and that seek to limit access to rights for asylum seekers, refugees and migrants”, such as the Illegal Migration Act 2023.
The committee said the law, which is intended to stop people who arrive in the UK illegally from being able to stay here, effectively amounts to an “asylum ban”.

The human rights body said it “regrets” the Rwanda plan and the Government’s efforts to adopt the Safety of Rwanda (Asylum and Immigration) Bill “despite the ruling of the UK Supreme Court that the arrangement would not be compliant with international law”.

As far as I am concerned the UNHRC can go fuck themselves - they've offered up no international viable plans or options and until they do (which they won't) we should continue to ignore them.
Whatever the rights of wrongs of the Rwanda policy, what's clear is it has cost the taxpayer multi millions for a scheme, which if (ever) implemented would be like spitting in the thames. It's not going to stop the traffickers. It's not going to do diddly squat. Even if it did, which it wont, when Labour get in later this year it will be reversed anyway. I just wonder How many £m some of our govt got out of the deal.

Plus if we go against the ECHR it will just about be the icing on the cake for this country.!

Whatever the rights of wrongs of the Rwanda policy, what's clear is it has cost the taxpayer multi millions for a scheme, which if (ever) implemented would be like spitting in the thames. It's not going to stop the traffickers. It's not going to do diddly squat. Even if it did, which it wont, when Labour get in later this year it will be reversed anyway. I just wonder How many £m some of our govt got out of the deal.

Plus if we go against the ECHR it will just about be the icing on the cake for this country.!
Disagree.

People won't pay the traffickers if they think there is a high chance of being out on a plane to Rwanda. It's far better than doing nothing,.Italy are sending begining to send theres to Albania, where they don't give any social security or other benefits, just the threat of this is already forcing numbers transported by the criminal trafficking gangs down.

Finally, the EU is cracking down on the traffickers, but it's too little too late.

It will be implemented ,and may well make a huge difference once the word spreads that's where they will end up.

Watch labour support it, when it's fairytale plans to send II's back to the EU fails at the first hurdle.

I think you missed the point that the ECHR have conceded that the new bill is the right way to deal with them in law. So now, we now have no need to go against them - they agree with how we will deal with them in law!

My Easter message ...

What this country and others need NOW is a zero tolerance approach else anarchy will increase exponentially ....teachers getting attacked daily, with. parents blaming the teachers not admonishing their kids, groups of kids running amok in Milton Keynes high streets....machete attacks on the underground ..knife crime increaasing, homelessness crisis, .antisemitic behaviours, sharia laws in no go areas of some cities where we have ghetto syndromes developing .....we need to bring back conscription as a start ....to inject some respect and discipline into our next generations before it is to late but also as the global heat intensifies in increasing areas of the world....we are in danger again of heading down the pan as a race! ...could go on adinfinitum on the issues that successive govts societies have allowed to evolve.........when my ancestors came to UK they adopted the UK tradtions and values.......that is no longer the case with newcomers.......illegal entry gang creation, many bringing the worst values of their countries and cultures and not the better ones, mainly the economic migrants not settlers, who do want to make a home for themselves and live a quiet life, adding value to their communities etc, ...but its all going belly up guys..our indiginous young people disrespecting elders, fly tipping, water company dischargin effluent, greedy mega companies, health service going down the pan, corruption increasing govts forgetting they are in power to serve us, not themselves ...its defo all going to shit guys .... That said the majority out there are good people caring, trying hard to make a living, bringing their kids up to respect but they are ignored and not protected or cared for so the 'evil elements are taking over increasingly! Downward slope I fear.....the minorites are ditctating the society we are evolving into and the majorities are told to shut it!

Happy Easter one and all!:surrender:
Spot on Greavsie.

We're all sick to death of the woke left wing thinking that's infected so many institutions and people - we have to learn to fight back.

The only option I see open to us right now is to vote for the Reform party but unless enough do it we will just end up with Starmer and his crew anyway.
I think you're probably right, the only hope maybe that the Conservatives adopt their policies! Which won't happen, the shame is that voting for reform will open the doors to a landslide Labour win - and of course they'll fcuk it all up even more, which is what they always do.

I think you're probably right, the only hope maybe that the Conservatives adopt their policies! Which won't happen, the shame is that voting for reform will open the doors to a landslide Labour win - and of course they'll fcuk it all up even more, which is what they always do.
I think unless people can see we have turned a corner with the economy, and are getting to grips with immigration, it will end up being a labour landslide anyway.

I think unless people can see we have turned a corner with the economy, and are getting to grips with immigration, it will end up being a labour landslide anyway.
The two main issues for most are Immigration and the Health Service and the cons have not dealt with either so they have opened the door for the common man to vote in Labour ....who won't sort out immigration but may well pump more dosh into the health service which will go on more f'in middle management wasters and bureacracy and not nurses and doctors......as they always do!....(a manager to manage the managers who manage the middle managers )

Disagree.

People won't pay the traffickers if they think there is a high chance of being out on a plane to Rwanda. It's far better than doing nothing,.Italy are sending begining to send theres to Albania, where they don't give any social security or other benefits, just the threat of this is already forcing numbers transported by the criminal trafficking gangs down.

Finally, the EU is cracking down on the traffickers, but it's too little too late.

It will be implemented ,and may well make a huge difference once the word spreads that's where they will end up.

Watch labour support it, when it's fairytale plans to send II's back to the EU fails at the first hurdle.

I think you missed the point that the ECHR have conceded that the new bill is the right way to deal with them in law. So now, we now have no need to go against them - they agree with how we will deal with them in law!
If I was a betting man I'd bet everything I had that any difference would be a drop in the ocean. The Rwandan plan isn't targeting the traffickers, it's lining the pockets of people.
As for ECHR - if we don't go against it - great. But I think

Well as we haven't turned the corner...it's Labour then. Whilst for me it's anyone is better than this crooked incompetent Tory govt, I can't really imagine Labour making too much difference. Tho if they manage to sort out the NHS, it's a step in the right direction.

Well as we haven't turned the corner...it's Labour then. Whilst for me it's anyone is better than this crooked incompetent Tory govt, I can't really imagine Labour making too much difference. Tho if they manage to sort out the NHS, it's a step in the right direction.
Their masterplan is to offer already over worked staff extra money to work overtime/extra shifts to bring down the waiting times.

Spot on Greavsie.

We're all sick to death of the woke left wing thinking that's infected so many institutions and people - we have to learn to fight back.
The problem is a whole generation has already been lost. Well perhaps that's a a little bit of a stretch but you get my gist. They're certainly disillusioned.

And have we turned that corner?

I don't think the general public think that way. They don't think about their pension graph over 5 years and what has happened so positively in these last 6 months. They do think that last Monday they tried to book a doctor's appointment and have to wait 2 weeks to see a doctor. They do think that last night's pint of Guiness cost £6.50.

They don't acknowledge statements like this:

"Total pay rose on the year by 1.6% above the consumer prices index and regular pay rose on the year by 1.9% in October to December 2023."

It's interesting times politically. I agree with Ex that Rishi is a good guy at heart, like Teresa May. I also think Jeremy Hunt is very competent and in the right role. It is a no-win role.

This will be the "grass is greener" vs "devil you know" election.

Supply and demand is exactly that and as consumers we should be very intolerant to the greedy companies. My golf club put up prices by 8% last year stating inflation as a justification. We had to swallow it. This year they did the same 8% again with inflation at 3.4%. People left in swathes. I reduced from 7 day to 5 day membership and told them they can have less money from me than they got 2 years ago.

Yes, a first world problem but indicative of a bad behaviour that has crept into many different industries during the last 5 years. The political party that solves this will get my backing.

And have we turned that corner?

I don't think the general public think that way. They don't think about their pension graph over 5 years and what has happened so positively in these last 6 months. They do think that last Monday they tried to book a doctor's appointment and have to wait 2 weeks to see a doctor. They do think that last night's pint of Guiness cost £6.50.

They don't acknowledge statements like this:

"Total pay rose on the year by 1.6% above the consumer prices index and regular pay rose on the year by 1.9% in October to December 2023."

It's interesting times politically. I agree with Ex that Rishi is a good guy at heart, like Teresa May. I also think Jeremy Hunt is very competent and in the right role. It is a no-win role.

This will be the "grass is greener" vs "devil you know" election.

Supply and demand is exactly that and as consumers we should be very intolerant to the greedy companies. My golf club put up prices by 8% last year stating inflation as a justification. We had to swallow it. This year they did the same 8% again with inflation at 3.4%. People left in swathes. I reduced from 7 day to 5 day membership and told them they can have less money from me than they got 2 years ago.

Yes, a first world problem but indicative of a bad behaviour that has crept into many different industries during the last 5 years. The political party that solves this will get my backing.
You're absolutely right Muttley but we are all to stupid to vote with our feet and hit these companies where it hurts, imagine 50%+ of Sky Sports customers telling them to stick it! Our regulatory authorities are a joke, you only have to look at Ofcom. All of the major broadband and mobile providers now build inflation into their contracts, typically they increase prices each spring by CPI plus 3.9%, funny how they all seem to pick that same figure, or is it?

I'm guessing that figure of 3.9% is specified as the maximum increase above CPI that they have been allowed by Ofcom so they all apply that maximum. The same applies with council tax, the government tell councils that they have to keep increases below 5% so the all put it up by 4.99%!

Last edited: