Good Morning Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Nobody more so than my dog. She runs in from the garden at full tilt like a greyhound hunched down and does a few laps of the lounge. So funny, I guess us clapping and cheering encourages her even more.....Marnies done a poo, clever girlie, good knows what the neighbours think !!

Sounds like the clapping and cheering the Mrs used to do when potty training our son, I bet the neighbours thought we were mad, especially as he had turned 16 at the time .

Arf Arf :grinning:

I should really put all the credit to how good/well balanced they are to my dearly departed wife - if I'm honest for much of their upbringing she did what I couldn't, but we always took time to reconnect during holidays/break etc and I always happily made the effort for weekends and after school activities - although at the time, I felt like no more than a glorified taxi for them both and their friends.

The hard one was taking the eldest to swim training and swim meets all other the country starting at god awful hours in the morning - that said I was always amazed at how enthusiastic she was at 5.a.m!

But as you say, nothing I wouldn't do for them, if I believed it was the right thing to do, that said both myself and my wife always believed that we had to teach them to stand on their own two feet and not shirk from the tough things in life and even in death my wife was laughing with them a few hours before - even though she knew it was very close.

Just before she died, she spoke to both of them on her own (and I only learned this at her funeral) she told both of them to live life to full and 'don't listen to your dad, he's too conservative!' - I could have killed her! These were the last words she spoke.

So even in death, she showed them how to face it with bravery and grace. I remain incredibly proud of how she choose to go and the lasting impression it made on our children.
That’s an amazing post Ex . Truly amazing . :clap:

Thought it quite funny when I read this morning that Crouchies children use a full length paddle with his photo on the blade as a guide to keep two metres apart .... two metre Peter just keeps on giving !

Also read that if the season isn’t finished , and TV rights money is not paid , a lot of clubs would be in breach of FFP . Surely Uefa wouldn’t invoke that , would they ?

Thought it quite funny when I read this morning that Crouchies children use a full length paddle with his photo on the blade as a guide to keep two metres apart .... two metre Peter just keeps on giving !

Also read that if the season isn’t finished , and TV rights money is not paid , a lot of clubs would be in breach of FFP . Surely Uefa wouldn’t invoke that , would they ?

Was thinking of the irony of that a few days back Walt.

UEFA were demonising owners who wanted to pump clubs with cash, now they would be begging for them.

Morning one and all . Had too many whiskeys last night ,I don’t get hangovers but I’m really tired . I put the bedroom clock forward last night in a drunken haze . Haven’t got a clue how !
hope you are all well and safe .
Having a lazy day today , not because of the gold watch, but because it’s Sunday and I’ve worked my gonads off all week toiling the land !
stay safe everyone . Don’t take chances.

Good morning!

Managed a 1X5 Deadlift,140kg. If this lock down goes on I'm gonna hit numbers from 10 years ago.

Local Veg shop was stacked, so was the farmers market. Stockpilers are just idiots.
Did you get any eggs Pollo. I haven’t seen them for ages . I don’t understand . Is there a problem I don’t know about with chickens or is it just panicking buying and I’m always too late ? Did you see any at the farmers market ?

‘kin ell , this is a Spurs forum !!!!!!! What’s it all coming to , ha ha

Did you get any eggs Pollo. I haven’t seen them for ages . I don’t understand . Is there a problem I don’t know about with chickens or is it just panicking buying and I’m always too late ? Did you see any at the farmers market ?

‘kin ell , this is a Spurs forum !!!!!!! What’s it all coming to , ha ha

Plenty of them everywhere - market, veg shop and even Jade's started selling them.

Farmer's market is super crowded though, all other shops were empty.

I'm turning into " My name is Michael Paine and I am a nosy neighbor". Harry Enfield and Chums sketch.

Dumb ass girl next door, 23 so old enough to know better was just picked up by her dumb ass boyfriend. If anything kills me over the next few months it will be people's lack of intelligence and pure ignorance.

Good morning!

Managed a 1X5 Deadlift,140kg. If this lock down goes on I'm gonna hit numbers from 10 years ago.

Local Veg shop was stacked, so was the farmers market. Stockpilers are just idiots.

I did a 155kg barbell dead lift a few months back. But tweaked the lower back so won't be bothering again. That was with a belt. Form was fine, just impossible not to put any pressure on that area whilst lifting that kind of weight.

The hex bar is the safest way for doing it.

Dead lifting is hands down the most dangerous compound movement.

I did a 155kg barbell dead lift a few months back. But tweaked the lower back so won't be bothering again. That was with a belt. Form was fine, just impossible not to put any pressure on that area whilst lifting that kind of weight.

Ans why I don't bother!!!!

I agree, barring Olympic lifting like snatch.

I'm 37 and I still take it slow, 5 years of neglect due to kids can not be undone in 8 months.

I was gunning for a kettlebell certification in 2020, but that isn't happening.

I agree, barring Olympic lifting like snatch.

I'm 37 and I still take it slow, 5 years of neglect due to kids can not be undone in 8 months.

I was gunning for a kettlebell certification in 2020, but that isn't happening.

Not a fan of Olympic lifting techniques. I have tennis elbow in both elbows, causes havoc with them.

Yeah got my kettlebell certification 3 years ago. Was fun and learnt a lot. I enjoy doing kettlebell classes.