Good Morning Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Daughter made eggs benedict this morning for me in bed. I am loving spending so much time with them both, not so sure they are!

I discuss with them everyday why this catastrophe will make them stronger as they deal with life-issues.

She is top class. Highly intelligent, still on for a first (wants to match older sister), older sister is now spurned on to complete her masters, whilst working from home (got her employers to sponsor her) and I'm being used on an ad hoc basis for reviewing their work - which is challenging my grey matter once again - and I'm loving it, it's making me consider a third-degree, but will wait until we're looking at the end of this thing before making a final decision.

I must be mad. but if I start it, I'd have to finish it as I never start something and not finish it.

Right, that's my random rambling over.

Daughter made eggs benedict this morning for me in bed. I am loving spending so much time with them both, not so sure they are!

I discuss with them everyday why this catastrophe will make them stronger as they deal with life-issues.

She is top class. Highly intelligent, still on for a first (wants to match older sister), older sister is now spurned on to complete her masters, whilst working from home (got her employers to sponsor her) and I'm being used on an ad hoc basis for reviewing their work - which is challenging my grey matter once again - and I'm loving it, it's making me consider a third-degree, but will wait until we're looking at the end of this thing before making a final decision.

I must be mad. but if I start it, I'd have to finish it as I never start something and not finish it.

You’ve obviously done great work with your daughters...must be very rewarding...we’ll done EX.

You’ve obviously done great work with your daughters...must be very rewarding...we’ll done EX.

They've recovered from losing their mum and see this whole mess as less of a challenge then when they had to face up to the reality of their mum's cancer.

I feel particularly proud of them today - no idea why - other than they know that eggs benedict was one of my favourite dishes that only my wife ever got just right.

They've recovered from losing their mum and see this whole mess as less of a challenge then when they had to face up to the reality of their mum's cancer.

I feel particularly proud of them today - no idea why - other than they know that eggs benedict was one of my favourite dishes that only my wife ever got just right.

It must be great having them at home, make the most of it .

Up at 5.30 am for week 2 of Couch Potato to 5K challenge...if I don’t go straight away I don’t so the first challenge is to get up.

i tried this a couple of years ago, but the app was very flaky then and after it cut out and left me running for 30 minutes when it was only supposed to be 20 I packed it in....the new version of the app seems more robust, plus I now have Spotify and wireless ear buds to take my mind off the jogging, I’m hopeful I’ll finish it this time...I hate exercise for exercise’s sake but with no golf or badminton I need to do something...I have a gym membership but haven’t been for over a year...it got too embarrassing seeing all the young women lifting heavier weights than me, running longer and faster without getting out of breath, doing erotic stretching poses on the mats...it began to feel pervy so I stopped going...I hated it anyway...can’t wait for this nonsense to be over.

Morning all , lovely day again weather wise . Hope everyone is well . Didn’t go to the allotment yesterday, concentrated on the
sofa ! Did a bit of shopping at our local store . Very civilised , not many in there but we all did a nifty soft shoe shuffle around each other and a bit of line dancing at the end . Got milk , bread , butter , etc . Chiller cabinet was stocked with beers so I thought it would be rude not to make some space in it .
keep well everybody , keep safe .

Nice to see a dad being a dad and will do anything for their kids. I know many that are woeful fathers.

Fair play EX.

Nice to see a dad being a dad and will do anything for their kids. I know many that are woeful fathers.

Fair play EX.

I should really put all the credit to how good/well balanced they are to my dearly departed wife - if I'm honest for much of their upbringing she did what I couldn't, but we always took time to reconnect during holidays/break etc and I always happily made the effort for weekends and after school activities - although at the time, I felt like no more than a glorified taxi for them both and their friends.

The hard one was taking the eldest to swim training and swim meets all other the country starting at god awful hours in the morning - that said I was always amazed at how enthusiastic she was at 5.a.m!

But as you say, nothing I wouldn't do for them, if I believed it was the right thing to do, that said both myself and my wife always believed that we had to teach them to stand on their own two feet and not shirk from the tough things in life and even in death my wife was laughing with them a few hours before - even though she knew it was very close.

Just before she died, she spoke to both of them on her own (and I only learned this at her funeral) she told both of them to live life to full and 'don't listen to your dad, he's too conservative!' - I could have killed her! These were the last words she spoke.

So even in death, she showed them how to face it with bravery and grace. I remain incredibly proud of how she choose to go and the lasting impression it made on our children.

Morning chaps.
Right. Made breakie for kids and checked in with work. All OK.
Firrst order of the day is to see if the spare tyre winch I ordered off ebay fits the motor. If it does I may see if I can replace that. Might be a tough ask as the broken one iooks like it's pretty well fixed to the chassis by bolts and rust.
Then power washing the deck and back yard so the girls can use it.
Then gonna try put up a netball ring we got eldest for Christmas. That involves drilling walls... Which will end is a disaster!
Misses is ignoring all the rules and is self isolating herself to boots to get some essential nail polish removal stuff. Ffs.
Have a good day all. Be safe.

Just weighed myself, lost 2lbs on last week, well happy. I did say to the wife ....I just had a 2 lb dump though. The reaction wasnt favourable. I made it even worse when she asked if I had used her scented toilet shield spray which seals the surface of the water in the pan to prevent odour in the bog....I said ....no point the dump was about 12 inches above the water line....

To follow this up, we had to venture out shopping and I warned her I would be wearing my mask, she said I'm not wearing mine. An argument followed ....its no good one of us wearing and not the other because you are going to give it to me at home anyway .....and so on. The final decision was....she gets the shopping on her own while I wait in the car. When we got to the supermarket the queue is about 50 yards long and at 6 ft spaces on controlled access. I am watching her line up from the comfort of the car.

Just weighed myself, lost 2lbs on last week, well happy. I did say to the wife ....I just had a 2 lb dump though. The reaction wasnt favourable. I made it even worse when she asked if I had used her scented toilet shield spray which seals the surface of the water in the pan to prevent odour in the bog....I said ....no point the dump was about 12 inches above the water line....

To follow this up, we had to venture out shopping and I warned her I would be wearing my mask, she said I'm not wearing mine. An argument followed ....its no good one of us wearing and not the other because you are going to give it to me at home anyway .....and so on. The final decision was....she gets the shopping on her own while I wait in the car. When we got to the supermarket the queue is about 50 yards long and at 6 ft spaces on controlled access. I am watching her line up from the comfort of the car.

You prove yet again how proud people get when they have a massive dump, and just can't stop themselves giving it a satisfying look....:party:

You prove yet again how proud people get when they have a massive dump, and just can't stop themselves giving it a satisfying look....:party:

Nobody more so than my dog. She runs in from the garden at full tilt like a greyhound hunched down and does a few laps of the lounge. So funny, I guess us clapping and cheering encourages her even more.....Marnies done a poo, clever girlie, good knows what the neighbours think !!

Morning all, not so sunny today, and quite windy, and the wind has got a right chill to it.

Good morning! Miserable weather here. However, lots to do. Including rearranging our home gym. I have been serious about this for almost two years now and can't do without it.

So we have:

A stationary bike - lots of interval training with Spotify and a good Tabata app.

Exercise ball - multiple balance and strength exercises

Bosu Ball - love turning this upside down and doing squats with a 10lb weight ball.

Bowflex 52.5 dumbells - these are great. You can adjust them from 5lbs each to 52.5lbs each. We use the large exercise ball for a lot of exercises with these. It helps the core.

TRX - use this all the time and travel with it now for maintenance.

It doesn't take much and there is nothing better than listening to your own music and working out when you want to. The Tabata app is very useful for timing stretching as well.