Good Morning Thread | Page 58 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Good morning all . Yet another lovely day , not a cloud in the sky , got lots to do on the allotment today , so it’s an early start , flask in the bag , packet of biscuits and off ,whistling , hi ho hi ho . Plenty of sun cream on my bald spot , .
Hope you are all coping ok . There seems to be light at the end of the tunnel but I’m not getting complacent. There will be a second wave , I’m sure . The one that the government are saving me for .
We still have the virus buzzing around and they are telling me it’s ok to ease restrictions .,conditions are the same now that determined the restrictions to be put into place . ! How does that work ?
Any how , that’s me getting all political !
My Rhubarbs are virus free and I’m off to get my hands on them .
Keep well , keep safe , keep posting .

...boots where you needed a last and hammer to change a stud.
...leather footballs that weighed like a medicine ball when it rained
...laces on the ball that if you headed it and hit the lace section you had a red stitches mark across yer forehead
...carrying the goalposts from the changing rooms across the Marshes to yer allocated pitch and having to erect them
...never was a game called off due to weather
...London smog would mean you could get lost trying to get back to the horse troughs

Oh joy

FFS why did we ever love footie so much...we were so spoiled in those days....

Must admit it was not long for me before better improved boots and balls came into the game...but I do remember playing under the conditions described as I bet you do Walthy.
I was that good at football that when I crossed the ball for our centre forward , I always made sure the lace was facing the other way ! Ha ha . The old jokes are the best !

I hope you have a shed down there where you can grab your rhurbarbs in private!

I’m going to try drilling a concrete patch masquerading as earth in my jungle to plant some more of the lavender plants I bought the other day...the hard ground is very useful on the golf course though....adds 20-30 yards distance on some shots if you can hit the ball straight...which is a big if for me....swings and roundabouts I suppose...

Keep smiling guys and stay as safe as you can...

Brilliant day again - uplifting, which at the moment is a massive bonus.

That and being so excited at the prospect of the return of football almost made me want to hug people during my morning exercise lol!

But, Keep safe all, keep your distance and keep smiling. Life will get better.

Last edited:
I hope you have a shed down there where you can grab your rhurbarbs in private!

I’m going to try drilling a concrete patch masquerading as earth in my jungle to plant some more of the lavender plants I bought the other day...the hard ground is very useful on the golf course though....adds 20-30 yards distance on some shots if you can hit the ball straight...which is a big if for me....swings and roundabouts I suppose...

Keep smiling guys and stay as safe as you can...
It really winds me up that the council won’t let us have permanent erections on our allotment .
I m thinking of taking them to the Court Of Human Rights. ....... If I want an erection amongst my dandelions , who are they to say I can’t .

Good morning all . Yet another lovely day , not a cloud in the sky , got lots to do on the allotment today , so it’s an early start , flask in the bag , packet of biscuits and off ,whistling , hi ho hi ho . Plenty of sun cream on my bald spot , .
Hope you are all coping ok . There seems to be light at the end of the tunnel but I’m not getting complacent. There will be a second wave , I’m sure . The one that the government are saving me for .
We still have the virus buzzing around and they are telling me it’s ok to ease restrictions .,conditions are the same now that determined the restrictions to be put into place . ! How does that work ?
Any how , that’s me getting all political !
My Rhubarbs are virus free and I’m off to get my hands on them .
Keep well , keep safe , keep posting .
We have the same problem down here Walt, even more so. Eventually the economic considerations, and the need for income to put food on the table, has to take first priority.

Its why Bobby George's goal
View attachment 39694
I really can’t see what the problem was . Conditions were almost perfect !

Thats why I dont agree with the BBC pundiut arsole t and Shearer who chose Gerards goal to equalise against West Sham in the cup final as thier number one...Ronnie Radford against Newc in 1971-72 season hit a wonder shot on a pitch much worse than this picture. If Gerard was playing on that sort of pitch, and got that chance, the ball would have gone 15 yards at most. Men were men and footballs were cannonballs!

Afternoon all, lovely sunny afternoon, my missus asked me last night to get her a "hot tub" for the garden, inflatable type, after a number of hours searching the web it seems everyone else had the same bleedin idea, yep you got it sold out everywhere.

Any ideas anyone, esp because if I can get one it will put a smile on her boatrace.

Afternoon all, lovely sunny afternoon, my missus asked me last night to get her a "hot tub" for the garden, inflatable type, after a number of hours searching the web it seems everyone else had the same bleedin idea, yep you got it sold out everywhere.

Any ideas anyone, esp because if I can get one it will put a smile on her boatrace.
A tin bath and soap suds might do the trick...😈

Sends shivers down my spine Greavsie .
Do you remember the Match Officials back then . Ha ha . The ref was normally the home team manager , running about in jeans and bomber jacket . Not always with a whistle ! Shouted a lot ! Gave offside in his teams favour at the drop of the hat . Nobody could argue against him , but we always did .
The linesmen were anybody he could rope in to do the job , whether they knew anything about football or not , or whether they could keep up with play or not . As long as they could wave their snotty handkerchief ,on cue , that was qualification enough . One was normally the star centre forwards , sisters boyfriend . The centre forward would always look immaculate , have hair like Mark Bolan and drive a yellow Capri with a black vinyl roof . . The boyfriend didn’t know bugger all about football and was only there because he had a car to take six blokes home .
The other Lino was the managers brother -in -law and he was only there because it was his turn to drive to pub after . He had absolutely no interest in football and would often miss whole sections of the game trying to get mud off of his new trainers
there wasn’t any subs , and the duration of the game was decided by how long it took for the refs team to score the winning goal , or was cut short if his team was winning by one goal with five minutes left !
Anybody ever got injured , no matter what the injury was , he got drenched with a muddy , mouldy car sponge retrieved from the garage that morning , and filthy cold water with grass cuttings floating in it , quick rub down and told to “go run it off“
The highlight of the game was the half time oranges . One orange cut into four sections and the orange peel just chucked on the floor for the groundsman to pick up , alongside all the bits of string used to keep the socks up . I never really had my orange , it got in the way of the fag I was smoking !
Happy days