Good Morning Thread | Page 929 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Hi Walt,
I know the Government in all departments are quite dismissive and unfair in their dealings with staff.
For example at the moment the part of the government I wa employed with, we are currently in a class action against the government.
Issues over
A unpaid lying week
Unpaid annual leave
Widows, and dependants payments
Severence payments 20% less than other areas of the department.
To name but a few.
This and previous government's are indeed rotten, so far it's codt me £500 on this action along with many of my colleagues who have employed forensic lawyers to investigate payments and entitlements,
sadly with WASPI and indeed the Post Office scandals I fear we're at the bottom of a very large pile...
The worst employers imaginable & i'm not kidding.

Does anyone get fed up with the increasing costs of green waste disposal? I'm in Berkshire and when they introduced the fee, it was £60. This year it is £84. So +40% increase in 6 years. This last week I hadn't got around to renewing mine but put my bins out. I happened to be my drive when they arrived and the nice guy took it under duress. LOL, I did have to make him feel quite good about breaking the company rules. Sticker arrives in a day or so, now I've paid.

The irony is that my parents have always got 2 bins for the price of 1 in Berkshire. However, they've now had 2 collections missed in the last 3 weeks. Apparently the council are refusing to give the contract to Biffa who previously had it. So there are brown bins all over the place and an angry mob in Kent. The council has it covered though as in the small print there is no right for refund or discount when there is no collection.

All these things just become another hidden tax.
We're living in a world of diminishing returns. Better get used to it Mutters.

I’m lucky that I have an allotment to take my Green waste to .
The brown bins in our area are a target for thieves as there is no identifier on them .
Basically , if you are in possession on one, the collectors will empty it .

Chap opposite has his chained to his fence and only unlocks it on the morning of collection, although that is bit of a lottery these days , we never know lately if they will turn up or not to do any collection .

There have been a lot of reports of bins being stolen to order . I think our council are charging something in the order of £90.

Fareham Council , where I used to live , sold plastic bags for a pound each , and these were just put out as normal . They wouldn’t take the unused ones back when I moved so my neighbour had them . When we first moved to where we are now , the council gave us plastic bags for free . That was ten years ago .
We're in the same boat over here Walt. Bins not collected, bins going missing. £60 for a replacement. Here's the rub. What are you supposed to do if you work?

I've been in the same house for 19 years. We used to get green sacks and they were emptied for free. Then the costs came. Some people have never paid it and do their runs to the tip. Over a year they probably spend a load on fuel and enjoy the queues. I should probably get a composter and create a space I guess.

As for the recycling, we went through a period where we had to clear up after the bin men. We would fill our black boxes up and they would empty them and never pick up the bits they dropped in the process. One morning I was out at my car and watched one of them drop a couple bits of cardboard on my garden as he filled his bin. I told him to come back and get his phone out. He asked why. I simply said because him and I are going to take exactly the same photo of the litter he just dropped and I'm registering a complaint against him. The mad thing was he actually did get his phone out and took that photo.
lol... probably one of those peeps forced to come off benefits & go look for work. You know the type. The "I don't give a shit" brigade.

It's one of the reasons why this country is in such a state.

Does anyone get fed up with the increasing costs of green waste disposal? I'm in Berkshire and when they introduced the fee, it was £60. This year it is £84. So +40% increase in 6 years. This last week I hadn't got around to renewing mine but put my bins out. I happened to be my drive when they arrived and the nice guy took it under duress. LOL, I did have to make him feel quite good about breaking the company rules. Sticker arrives in a day or so, now I've paid.

The irony is that my parents have always got 2 bins for the price of 1 in Berkshire. However, they've now had 2 collections missed in the last 3 weeks. Apparently the council are refusing to give the contract to Biffa who previously had it. So there are brown bins all over the place and an angry mob in Kent. The council has it covered though as in the small print there is no right for refund or discount when there is no collection.

All these things just become another hidden tax.
(y) for your post muttley.

Us here in the EVille have seen a rise from £64 to £84 a year for the collection of 1 large Green Waste bin, fortnightly.

Oh yes! we also got the stickers, extra £20 for a sticker lol!

Trust me, an Anglo Saxon would have got the same treatment from me. That's if an Anglo Saxon could reduce themselves to being a dustman in 2024.
We had all our windows re-glazed last year & the missus called the number on the invoice in order to pay. Imagine her surprise to find it was no longer registered. I popped in the motor & drove the 2 minutes it took to get to their showroom. Closed with nobody available. No contact number other than the head office in England. So i called them up in order to pay the bill. No such luck. "We can't take payments here sir, you'll have to pay .... ...... directly."

So the next morning i popped in to the showroom again & surprise, surprise, nobody was home. I called head office in England again & advised them if they wanted to receive payment then they'd need to pull their finger out. As you can imagine i didn't hold back. He contacted me via a payment link 3 days later. I made him wait a week for payment, ignoring 2 calls in the process.

We had all our windows re-glazed last year & the missus called the number on the invoice in order to pay. Imagine her surprise to find it was no longer registered. I popped in the motor & drove the 2 minutes it took to get to their showroom. Closed with nobody available. No contact number other than the head office in England. So i called them up in order to pay the bill. No such luck. "We can't take payments here sir, you'll have to pay .... ...... directly."

So the next morning i popped in to the showroom again & surprise, surprise, nobody was home. I called head office in England again & advised them if they wanted to receive payment then they'd need to pull their finger out. As you can imagine i didn't hold back. He contacted me via a payment link 3 days later. I made him wait a week for payment, ignoring 2 calls in the process.
Wasn't Everest was it? I believe they have entered administration.

Just catching up on the Putin debate. Power corrupts etc. How can you trust anyone who seeks to stifle opposition to the extent he has. He was a bad loser in the cold war and it rankles. However, there is always another side to the story and Ukraine has not been without it's dubious nationalist actions. We witnessed how a passive but aggrieved population could allow a terrorist/freedom fighting force to challenge the state in N Ireland. So it was in the Donbas, and gave Putin licence to get involved.

I received a healthy pay raise last year & the year before that one, & so on ....
My friend works for 'The Establishment', the lucky boy. Last saw him at Christmas & asked "How'd the pay raise go." lol.

Hi SP
I went to Getty glass, this is, a true story.
We were looking for new, windows, and a, composite door, my mum in law who didn't have dementia at the time came with us.
Parked the car went into the building.
Whilst I was talking to the guy re doors, my mother inlaw was trying to open a sealed door and failing miserably, the Guy from Gettys said, 'That's the anti mother in law door we stock'
'I'll have two 1,front and back. 🚪

Hi SP
I went to Getty glass, this is, a true story.
We were looking for new, windows, and a, composite door, my mum in law who didn't have dementia at the time came with us.
Parked the car went into the building.
Whilst I was talking to the guy re doors, my mother inlaw was trying to open a sealed door and failing miserably, the Guy from Gettys said, 'That's the anti mother in law door we stock'
'I'll have two 1,front and back. 🚪
More on that later.