Good Morning Thread | Page 509 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

I thought that was 2CV ?
4 wheel drive and V8s were mentioned then CV6 ?
There was a Jensen CV8 that used Chrysler V8 engines I think in the 1960s pre Interceptor ?
Haha NIck, ok see the confusion.

No the Citroen CV6 is a box on wheels type hatchback lol!, very light, fairly high off the ground, skinny wheels, if I remember correctly it had its gear stick on the dashboard, also had a material sun roof, typical old French car, they were very popular.

Google it mate.

Oh yes Nick you mentioned the Jensen CV8, am with you regards the 60's, but my all time fave was the "Interceptor" model, what a motor.

Oh yes Nick you mentioned the Jensen CV8, am with you regards the 60's, but my all time fave was the "Interceptor" model, what a motor.

There was the FF which had a Ferguson 4x4 drive, must be worth a bit now. Understandably I think there were problems with it. Top Interceptor was the SP with extra power.

There was the FF which had a Ferguson 4x4 drive, must be worth a bit now. Understandably I think there were problems with it. Top Interceptor was the SP with extra power.
Just had a google of em, The Interceptors predecessor was as you said, the CV8, 62-66, 2 door, 2 versions, 5.9L or 6.3L both V8

Inteceptors, 66-76, 3 models 5.9L, 6.3L, 7.2L V8's, Manual 4 speed or Auto 3 speed, 3 different types, 4 door, 3 door , coupe etc.

Now am off to watch the Barbarians v England on Amazon Prime.

My brother-in-law had a Jensen Healey at one point, as I remember it was largely built using a number of standard components from other manufacturers models.

I have a few days off …………. I can’t believe what I’m reading .
Nick … what’s going on mate …, you are the self appointed custodian of correctness on here , I’ve read about nothing but Shit on here for the last two or so days ……

Anyway …… Good morning all .
Bright and breezy on the south coast . Only twenty degrees cooler than Friday . !!!!

Sparkies have done their bit , plasterers have boarded all the walls and ceiling.
They were due to set the walls on Saturday but we all took the decision to delay it until Tuesday because of the heat , the plaster would dry out far too quick and crack .

Solar Panels .
The panels are on the roof ….. two sparkies were due last Wednesday to connect them to the Meter …… but didn’t turn up .
No one phoned to let us know ….. Walt’s new found air of acceptance disappeared .
Several phone calls later , and they cancelled somebody else’s job on Friday to get mine done .
That’s the Calibre of the company I’m dealing with …….. they clearly don’t give a Shit . About anybody .
Two blokes arrived Friday with an Inverter . Now then , one says ..we need to take these kitchen cabinets down ……..
:taz::taz::taz:
After a little chat …… they accept that that no work is going happen indoors.
They have to be told how to gain access to the outside from the meter . It’s an operation that involves a drill and a drill bit….

So they go and sit in the van for a while , one comes back in and says that as they are not going up THROUGH the house in trunking , they will have to go off and get some Conduit to up the outside ……:arrghh:
What colour conduit would I like? !!!!!

So BOTH of them go off to get this conduit , gone for over an hour .

When they return they start to run the cable but find they haven’t got a clue how to do it , how to run the the cable and the conduit at the same time , as it involves right angle bends and connections !
So they go and sit in the van again , come back and ask me if they can run the cable in Armoured Cable!!!!

Just do it , I said .
So they BOTH go off again , again for about an hour and proceed to uninstall all they fucked up before , and this time do it in black armoured cable .
Then …… they tell me that they won’t have time to get the job finished and can they come back on Wednesday to connect up to the Inverter that they haven’t fitted on the loft yet .

These people just don’t give a shit .
What’s more … they need to get their shit together….. it’s just a shit company with a shit load of work they can’t cope with .

I’m just glad , for their sake , that I’m not paying for all this .
Then the Shit would hit the fan !
I did for one minute contemplate going to the pub to get shit faced, but I knew I would feel like shit in the morning .

:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop: :utv:
:bull:
That’s the shit hitting the fan ^

Afternoon all
A big Happy Birthday 54.
From a very windy Norn Iron, 30/40 mph winds here atm.
PY Re yer Chum Doherty the Chippie, every body here knows a chippie called Doherty could be one of 1000s 😂.
With reference to shit
I used to work in a very small team of people over here.
Our managers were a pain in the arse didn't like us but couldn't do with out us. Always making life difficult
We used to say :
At least when you're in the shit you know where you are.
My last shit story
A small bird was flying South for the Winter
It was so cold that he fell from the sky intoba field
As the frozen bird lay on the ground shivering
A cow came past and, as cows do shit on the freezing bird
As the frozen bird lay in the shit it realised just how, warm it was, and began singing
This singing attracted a cat, who spotted the bird dug it out and promptly ate it.
Moral of the story:
Not everyone who shits on you is your enemy
Not everyone who gets you outta the shit is your friend
And if youre in the shit for fek sake keep yer mouth shut.😉
Finally Walt
The song" Right said Fred" springs to mind
Right said Fred have to get the conduit
And some screws to fix it to the wall
Couldn't fit the conduit even with a beny bit
We was getting nowhere
And so we had a cup a tea.... 😉

I can't comment on Aussie energy because I don't know about it. I can ask questions to try and educate myself perhaps.
What I did notice is that the Hodd/ 80 exchange started to go sour after the word Bullshit was used in response to an opinion. I have been on the end of this and sought to clarify my opinion without any insults which is preferable.

I sold a piece of furniture to a guy and he picked it up in a Holden pick up. I thought it was a Vauxhall at first until he said it was an Aussie import. Ahhh its a Holden then I said. V8 I asked ? Yup...300 horses. Sleek looking beast it was too.
I know Australia is a big place and a bit like the USA it has had big cars with big engines. But even I who love big engines especially V8s have to question is it really necessary anymore when a 2 ltr turbo diesel will put out 200 plus hp economically in comparison ?
Also does OZ get plenty of wind. And why build turbines close to residential areas?

Great post there Nick and some interesting observations.

If you look at the history of my posts I love to engage with people in a fair and polite manner. Life is too short to be nasty and there's absolutely no need for it. I'll leave it at that.

Yes, The Holden utes are an iconic piece of Australian motoring history which all started in the late 50's early 60's.when a lady made a comment regarding the need for a vehicle to cart hay bales and pigs during the week and drive that same vehicle to church on Sundays, Someone working for GMH (General Motors Holden) must have been listing, and the Holden Ute was born.
Sadly Holden ceased its manufacturing in 2017, after 65 years of building brilliant cars.

In regards to V8's, its definitely not just about speed, as we all know there are speed limits and nowhere in the world are they more heavily policed than in Australia. It's about the effortless torque, the sound and overall performance. I take my GT Mustang out every Saturday and Sunday morning at around 5:30am down to the boat ramp and meet with some buddies for a good old chin wag. I did an economy run on Saturday and managed 7.8 litres per 100 klms, which if my maths is correct is about 36 MPG. Given the car has been tuned and modified to put out 500HP this frugal consumption is fantastic. On the other hand it loves a drink it you want to "get jiggy with it". I have Saab V6 turbo convertible which will use more fuel than the Mustang. The Landcruiser Sahara (my every day car) is a V8 twin turbo diesel and I average 12 litres per 100klm.

We just bought a 2nd hand Subaru WRX for my youngest son on the weekend, and that thing is an absolute missile. AWD 2.0 lite Turbo but has had £9000 worth of engine, suspension, gear box and body mods. That thing puts out 403HP and will probably use more fuel than any of our cars.

Problem is I, and all my 4 sons (2 of which live at home) are all car nuts. It's our passion. I thought I'd mellow a bit as I got older, but my sons' interest keeps growing so that fuels my passion even more. When I received the bad news about 12 years ago, that I had appox 5 years to live, I thought f**k it, I might as well enjoy the time I have left doing what I love doing. Family, friends and our collective love of cars and motor racing. I'm still kicking....just.

Australia is experiencing a massive energy crisis right now, with warnings each day regarding a lack of stored energy and potential of black outs from 5pm -10;30pm . I won't bore you with the reasons, but Australia are resource rich, but due to mismanagement and indecision regarding fossil fuels and renewables we are now paying the price.

Wind turbines, as I said are subsidised to the tune of over $700,000 each by the Gov't. They should be placed in areas that are historically windy, however, that tends to be our coast line, which are heavily populated, so they are located out west, but near farms and small towns. If the wind doesn't blow or blows too hard they do not produce a ounce of energy.

Sorry for the long "winded" post.
Stay safe and be kind to each other. Let's all get along and show some respect. It takes a lot less energy to be respectful than it does to be nasty.

Take care everyone and have a great week.

I had one of those Sierras Nick, company car, my boss made me pass it down the line of hierachy 10 days before we had the worst snowfall in London for years! It was replaced with a Mercedes 190E 2.5 16v (Cosworth engineered) which was some motor but absolutely shit in the snow!

Now there's a cool car! 190E Cosworth 2.5.

I have a few days off …………. I can’t believe what I’m reading .
Nick … what’s going on mate …, you are the self appointed custodian of correctness on here , I’ve read about nothing but Shit on here for the last two or so days ……

Anyway …… Good morning all .
Bright and breezy on the south coast . Only twenty degrees cooler than Friday . !!!!

Sparkies have done their bit , plasterers have boarded all the walls and ceiling.
They were due to set the walls on Saturday but we all took the decision to delay it until Tuesday because of the heat , the plaster would dry out far too quick and crack .

Solar Panels .
The panels are on the roof ….. two sparkies were due last Wednesday to connect them to the Meter …… but didn’t turn up .
No one phoned to let us know ….. Walt’s new found air of acceptance disappeared .
Several phone calls later , and they cancelled somebody else’s job on Friday to get mine done .
That’s the Calibre of the company I’m dealing with …….. they clearly don’t give a SHIT……. About anybody .
Two blokes arrive Friday with an Inverter .

Now then , one says , we need to take these kitchen cabinets down ……..
:taz::taz::taz:

After a little chat …… they accept that that no work is going happen indoors.
They have to be told how to gain access to the outside from the meter .
It’s an operation that involves a drill and a drill bit….

So they go and sit in the van for a while , one comes back in and says that as they are not going up THROUGH the house in trunking , they will have to go off and get some Conduit to up the outside ……:arrghh:
What colour conduit would I like? !!!!!

So BOTH of them go off to get this conduit , gone for over an hour .

When they return they start to run the cable but find they haven’t got a clue how to do it , how to run the the cable and the conduit at the same time , as it involves right angle bends and connections !

So they go and sit in the van again , come back and ask me if they can run the cable in Armoured Cable!!!!

Just do it , I said .
So they BOTH go off again , again for about an hour and proceed to uninstall all they fucked up before , and this time do it in black armoured cable .
Then …… they tell me that they won’t have time to get the job finished and can they come back on Wednesday to connect up to the Inverter that they haven’t fitted on the loft yet .

These people just don’t give a SHIT.
What’s more … they need to get their SHIT together….. it’s just a SHIT company with a SHIT load of work they can’t cope with .

I’m just glad , for their sake , that I’m not paying for all this .
Then the SHIT would hit the fan !

:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop: :utv:
shit. ^…………………..…………….fan ^
:bull:
Nick ….. what’s going on mate !

take care …. Look after each other!

Just as much shit happening on here as it is at your home Walt.

Sorry to hear of the shear incompetence you're experiencing.

Afternoon all
A big Happy Birthday 54.
From a very windy Norn Iron, 30/40 mph winds here atm.
PY Re yer Chum Doherty the Chippie, every body here knows a chippie called Doherty could be one of 1000s 😂.
With reference to shit
I used to work in a very small team of people over here.
Our managers were a pain in the arse didn't like us but couldn't do with out us. Always making life difficult
We used to say :
At least when you're in the shit you know where you are.
My last shit story
A small bird was flying South for the Winter
It was so cold that he fell from the sky intoba field
As the frozen bird lay on the ground shivering
A cow came past and, as cows do shit on the freezing bird
As the frozen bird lay in the shit it realised just how, warm it was, and began singing
This singing attracted a cat, who spotted the bird dug it out and promptly ate it.
Moral of the story:
Not everyone who shits on you is your enemy
Not everyone who gets you outta the shit is your friend
And if youre in the shit for fek sake keep yer mouth shut.😉
Finally Walt
The song" Right said Fred" springs to mind
Right said Fred have to get the conduit
And some screws to fix it to the wall
Couldn't fit the conduit even with a beny bit
We was getting nowhere
And so we had a cup a tea.... 😉
Ahhh , Niall ……….Bernard Cribbins …….. they don’t write songs like they used to …..,in the good old days !!!

My wife is urging me to let it all go over my head……it’s so difficult .

As I said , had we been paying for all this it would be so so different .
This company have so far sent four surveyors to check over the house . They even sent one just to see if the inverter would fit in the loft , despite two others already having been up there .
The inverter arrived on Friday…….. it’s the size of a carry on case you take on holiday but not as deep .
Probably about 2ft x 18 inches x 9 inches,, in old money . It’s screwed to a plywood board and the bloke carried it upstairs in one hand .

In between their first aborted visit when I gave them a fuck off tablet , and their second visit after I had been asked to remain patient whilst they sorted out how to run the cables externally , we have had an extension built .,

You couldn’t make it up , could you

Just as much shit happening on here as it is at your home Walt.

Sorry to hear of the shear incompetence you're experiencing.
Our builders on the extension have been brilliant , it’s been just great being back amongst the everyday banter that I was used to when I was at work .
The ground workers / brickies ., installers , plasterers, electricians and plumbers have shown exceptional professionalism and skill .

The tools they use have improved massively from my time in the industry . Screws go into brickwork now driven by impact drivers and no wall plugs ….. straight into the brick .
Wall sockets are set on the wall by lasers ,…. Radiators are removed without being drained down …. The plasterers fix boards to ceilings with screw guns , they even have a plasterboard plane instead of the bit of 4x2 we used to use to shave a bit off the board to make it fit .
I’m going to miss them all when it’s done .

I’ve got my Road Name Sign which says White Hart Lane , Yankee has it in his pub as well , in the window of my garage , and it’s been amazing how many of them are Spurs fans. We become instant buddies as soon as they see we love the same team .

It’s this one company doing the Solar Panels that is amongst the most incompetent company I’ve ever come across .

The scaffolders told us more about the job , even down to where the panels where going to be sited , than this firm have .
When …..if …… someone comes back to complete the installation, it will be the third attempt and fourth set of two electricians sent from Wales , to the south coast near Portsmouth , to run a cable from the Electric Meter , out through a wall , a distance of 60 cm .. two foot ….then vertically around six metres and into the loft , and connect to a box .,
The actual Solar Panels were fitted in about two hours and the cabling run into the loft . By a different team .
The irony of all this being to save energy is lost , I’m afraid.

Morning all
Hi Walt, Ol Bernard Cribbins, family favourites on a Sunday.
Jess Yates Stars on Sunday, Follyfoot
Visiting yer old (pishy) auntie.
Had to wear a shirt and tie.
Weren't Sundays shite, years ago😉
Hope I didn't offend chum, it's no fun when aspects of building go wrong, when we built our house here the plumber was a night mare, leaks every where then wanted paying to fix his own bad work..
Good luck it'll soon be finished to your satisfaction.