Good Morning Thread | Page 510 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Thanks to all for your birthday wishes. For Greavsie, 54 was when I started supporting our team. Some great times but loads of pain has gone under the bridge over those years.

Does anyone get called by their full made up name on here. ? Its weird in a way. Shortening a name like Walthamstow Wanderer to Walt or even already short names like Spursex to Ex kind of makes the reference less formal, a more friendly approach mostly. So if a made up name gets changed, what's the point of having it in the first place? Greavsiewasthegreatest, who calls him by that ? Its too fecking long anyway.

Does anyone get called by their full made up name on here. ? Its weird in a way. Shortening a name like Walthamstow Wanderer to Walt or even already short names like Spursex to Ex kind of makes the reference less formal, a more friendly approach mostly. So if a made up name gets changed, what's the point of having it in the first place? Greavsiewasthegreatest, who calls him by that ? Its too fecking long anyway.
I think that's why they get shortened NRD, time is precious for some and there is no point in repeatedly typing full names.

Are you suggesting we all change our profile names to the shortened versions? :throw:

Probably because it’s not greavsiewasthegreatest !!! You have made it even longer :slap:….……just saying

Morning all
Hi Walt, Ol Bernard Cribbins, family favourites on a Sunday.
Jess Yates Stars on Sunday, Follyfoot
Visiting yer old (pishy) auntie.
Had to wear a shirt and tie.
Weren't Sundays shite, years ago😉
Hope I didn't offend chum, it's no fun when aspects of building go wrong, when we built our house here the plumber was a night mare, leaks every where then wanted paying to fix his own bad work..
Good luck it'll soon be finished to your satisfaction.
No offense my end Niall. I love your sense of humour .
Love the memories of Sundays . Improved a lot when Pick
Of The Pops started with Alan fluff Freeman , all right , stay bright !

Yeah well spotted. I'm not even sure what Greavs is being used. Because the forum one has no E after the V. Whereas Jimmy did, it was Greaves, not Greavs as in Greavswasthegreatest.
Stewards enquiry ?
I’ve never understood that either .
Some anomaly of the English language!!!!!

I don’t even think Jimmy was his name either ?
He signed his book Greavsie for me , but didn’t use Walt , he used my real name !

Our builders on the extension have been brilliant , it’s been just great being back amongst the everyday banter that I was used to when I was at work .
The ground workers / brickies ., installers , plasterers, electricians and plumbers have shown exceptional professionalism and skill .

The tools they use have improved massively from my time in the industry . Screws go into brickwork now driven by impact drivers and no wall plugs ….. straight into the brick .
Wall sockets are set on the wall by lasers ,…. Radiators are removed without being drained down …. The plasterers fix boards to ceilings with screw guns , they even have a plasterboard plane instead of the bit of 4x2 we used to use to shave a bit off the board to make it fit .
I’m going to miss them all when it’s done .

I’ve got my Road Name Sign which says White Hart Lane , Yankee has it in his pub as well , in the window of my garage , and it’s been amazing how many of them are Spurs fans. We become instant buddies as soon as they see we love the same team .

It’s this one company doing the Solar Panels that is amongst the most incompetent company I’ve ever come across .

The scaffolders told us more about the job , even down to where the panels where going to be sited , than this firm have .
When …..if …… someone comes back to complete the installation, it will be the third attempt and fourth set of two electricians sent from Wales , to the south coast near Portsmouth , to run a cable from the Electric Meter , out through a wall , a distance of 60 cm .. two foot ….then vertically around six metres and into the loft , and connect to a box .,
The actual Solar Panels were fitted in about two hours and the cabling run into the loft . By a different team .
The irony of all this being to save energy is lost , I’m afraid.

Save energy but lost your sanity in the process.

It'll all be over soon Walt and you'll look back on this with plenty of material to dine out on at dinner parties.:arrghh:

Yes, tools have really evolved over the years....or so I believe. I certainly didn't inherit my fathers love and ability for DIY. I went rummaging through my tool box on the weekend looking for a Philips head screw driver. None! Plenty of slot ones but not one Philips head. My boys have raped and pillaged all my decent tools and never replaced them, despite that group discussion we had about 10 years ago about the value and respect for another mans tools.

This Sunday best thing reminds me of the time many years ago we went to visit Granny on a Sunday
After lunch my Bro my dad and I had to help uncle Bob move cattle up to the barns (youn bullocks) the one my dad had wouldn't move so he hit it a slap on the arse, it promptly shit up the arm of his, Sunday suit.
That was some bus journey home, he, sat at the back, us at the front, mum was, affronted, 😂😂
Maybe Sundays weren't that bad after all. 😂