Good Morning Thread | Page 348 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

If she needs any help identifying vintage stuff let me know. It might be worth more than 3 quid. She can fire across photos to my email.

Or LP records cos some may be worth lots more than £3 just send me a picture and a note of the catalogue number from the cover usually in one of the corners on the back cover or from the label in the middle of the vinyl, and what record label, eg Decca, Parlophone or whatever. . I will ask for more info if they seem rare, to verify the release and then give you an idea of value....if you want!.

Or LP records cos some may be worth lots more than £3 just send me a picture and a note of the catalogue number from the cover usually in one of the corners on the back cover or from the label in the middle of the vinyl, and what record label, eg Decca, Parlophone or whatever. . I will ask for more info if they seem rare, to verify the release and then give you an idea of value....if you want!.

We could set up a business here by networking. All our forum guys digging around charity shops etc with me and Greavsie advising on values.

Well I hope everyone had a great weekend.

NRD, my late father was a real wheeler dealer. He was also a builder. Built the first cinema in Musselburgh, Scotland, Built swimming pools in Australia, but the things he bought and sold would blow you away. He had a stand at the weekend markets in Brisbane, 2 stands actually. My mother sold the jewelry, pottery etc, and dad sold the tools, carpet, antiques etc. It was nothing for them to take $3-$4,000 on a Sunday morning, and this was in the early-mid 90's.

Well the good news is that lockdown was lifted yesterday, the bad news is that "providers" are not allowed in Schools, meaning my wife's business is still dead in the water. The National Covid Disaster Plan relief package website was to be open on Saturday, but the website was inoperable. Very depressing indeed. I really feel for poor Mrs Hodd. Community sport still not permitted for at least another 2 weeks, but young Master Hodd is up at 4am (in winter) and training at the football fields a few klms away. Everyone is doing their thing apart from me.

Speaking of which, I may have mentioned I had 2 bouts of serious Influenza A a few years ago, just before the pandemic. This was the 1st time I had ever been hospitalized with a virus and it came a few months after being vaccinated against influenza A for the first time. It turns out what I'm experiencing now may very well be the long term effects of Influ A.
Continual nausea especially worse in the mornings when accompanied by vomiting. Aches and pains everywhere, and random 9/10 pain in different parts of my body, mainly my feet. Sweats, chills, and what was numbness down both sides of my legs is now like electrical shocks and fire. My appetite is weird, with most foods turning me off.

I thought was just getting old and stupid, but now realize my thought process and ability to absorb, comprehend and analyze information is rubbish.

I was always a great driver, and whilst I can still drift a car at 100MPH around a bend, my awareness is nowhere where it should be.

Ah well, you're all in my thoughts and prayers, and I mean it.

NRD, my late father was a real wheeler dealer. He was also a builder. Built the first cinema in Musselburgh, Scotland, Built swimming pools in Australia, but the things he bought and sold would blow you away. He had a stand at the weekend markets in Brisbane, 2 stands actually. My mother sold the jewelry, pottery etc, and dad sold the tools, carpet, antiques etc. It was nothing for them to take $3-$4,000 on a Sunday morning, and this was in the early-mid 90's.

Well the good news is that lockdown was lifted yesterday, the bad news is that "providers" are not allowed in Schools, meaning my wife's business is still dead in the water. The National Covid Disaster Plan relief package website was to be open on Saturday, but the website was inoperable. Very depressing indeed. I really feel for poor Mrs Hodd. Community sport still not permitted for at least another 2 weeks, but young Master Hodd is up at 4am (in winter) and training at the football fields a few klms away. Everyone is doing their thing apart from me.

Speaking of which, I may have mentioned I had 2 bouts of serious Influenza A a few years ago, just before the pandemic. This was the 1st time I had ever been hospitalized with a virus and it came a few months after being vaccinated against influenza A for the first time. It turns out what I'm experiencing now may very well be the long term effects of Influ A.
Continual nausea especially worse in the mornings when accompanied by vomiting. Aches and pains everywhere, and random 9/10 pain in different parts of my body, mainly my feet. Sweats, chills, and what was numbness down both sides of my legs is now like electrical shocks and fire. My appetite is weird, with most foods turning me off.

I thought was just getting old and stupid, but now realize my thought process and ability to absorb, comprehend and analyze information is rubbish.

I was always a great driver, and whilst I can still drift a car at 100MPH around a bend, my awareness is nowhere where it should be.

Ah well, you're all in my thoughts and prayers, and I mean it

… KIN ELL Hod ,,, ever thought of donating your body to science . !!!!!
It’s a wonder you are still upright and breathing .
Glad you are though. All these viruses are causing deadly havoc .
Long term .
i really feel for you . It must be awful to be in continuous pain .
Take care mate .

And you will donate the profit you make when you sell the mirror , I take it .
And I didn’t see the game , didn’t even know where to look .

You don't get my point. MIND are 15 quid better off down to me. Some posters deprived the charity by not watching the game via the Spurs website to save money.

If I donated my profit back to charities I would be bankrupt. If I was financially secure and rolling in it, I would definitely work for them for free. Until then I have to provide a roof and feed us. I am the sole earner, my wife has severe epilepsy and can't work. As you know I ain't in the best of health either so my output is limited.
I am using what I have to survive.....my knowledge and dealing experience, its all I've got since my physical powers left me.

You don't get my point. MIND are 15 quid better off down to me. Some posters deprived the charity by not watching the game via the Spurs website to save money.

If I donated my profit back to charities I would be bankrupt. If I was financially secure and rolling in it, I would definitely work for them for free. Until then I have to provide a roof and feed us. I am the sole earner, my wife has severe epilepsy and can't work. As you know I ain't in the best of health either so my output is limited.
I am using what I have to survive.....my knowledge and dealing experience, its all I've got since my physical powers left me.

which posters?

Greavsie, thanks, you are on her list for any LP records she may receive.

Ah well, you're all in my thoughts and prayers, and I mean it.
Hod, now that sounds like a addition to the set of films.....Australian Drift starring Hotspur Hoddle, love it.

Nick its all about character and taking the piss, for me well done mate.

Afternoon all, went to the Docs this morning, emergency appointment, arranged by Mrs PY, her reason she noted I had taken some Parcetamol, and thought he never pops pain pills, something is wrong, thus the phone call.

Anyway to please her Maj, I went, Doc very good referred me to the QA's Physio's, reason, according to him best Sports Physios about, anyway he believes having, his words, abused my poor knee's for years Squatting/Deadlifting stupid weights, I said with a smirk don't forget 500kg+ leg presses, he was not amused, that I have to see the Sports Physio's which will mean X-ray or MRI if required and is cheaper than private after all you have paid in all you life.

His advice, no Squats but lunges and all other Leg workouts to be done lightly until....

So now awaiting an appointment.

I have a feeling we are going to welcome some great news regards Spurs this week, feel it in my water lol!

Cheers all, keep happy and safe.

As they say in the constabulary Evenin' All.

Hod, sorry to see that your wife is still having big problems with her dance classes, really hope it sorts itself out soon.

Pompey, look after those dodgy, creaky knees of yours and hope it improves for you.

Nick, looks like you have an eye for a good bargain, must be great to know what you are looking for and put a price on it

Going back to a few days to the odd sayings. I was talking to an old(er) bloke by the river this morning and we noticed how clear was the water, and he said "that water looks gin clear", never heard of that one before.

Was talking to my sister to day and she told me that her son has been taken to hospital with COVID, he went in about 10 days ago and was sent home a few days later, but on Friday he was still having breathing problems and extremely tired and lethargic so back in he went and onto the oxygen and intravenous antibiotics. Hoping it isn't too serious as he's asthmatic.

Got the Echo Cardiogram out of the way on Friday, the technician is going to send his report to my cardiologist, but he did tell me that it all looks fine, now just the CT scan to go.

Look after one another and stay safe

As they say in the constabulary Evenin' All.

Hod, sorry to see that your wife is still having big problems with her dance classes, really hope it sorts itself out soon.

Pompey, look after those dodgy, creaky knees of yours and hope it improves for you.

Nick, looks like you have an eye for a good bargain, must be great to know what you are looking for and put a price on it

Going back to a few days to the odd sayings. I was talking to an old(er) bloke by the river this morning and we noticed how clear was the water, and he said "that water looks gin clear", never heard of that one before.

Was talking to my sister to day and she told me that her son has been taken to hospital with COVID, he went in about 10 days ago and was sent home a few days later, but on Friday he was still having breathing problems and extremely tired and lethargic so back in he went and onto the oxygen and intravenous antibiotics. Hoping it isn't too serious as he's asthmatic.

Got the Echo Cardiogram out of the way on Friday, the technician is going to send his report to my cardiologist, but he did tell me that it all looks fine, now just the CT scan to go.

Look after one another and stay safe

Mate, that's terrible news that your sisters son is suffering from the awful virus. Being an asthmatic definitely doesn't help. I've been dealing with severe asthma since 2 years after coming to Australia from Scotland. Now on steroids for life. I really pray for his recovery.

See Lija, there's plenty life left in that old ticker yet! I'm sure the CT scan will prove you the fine specimen that you are.

good morning all
,,, another one of my Mums sayings was , on a day without clouds and a clear blue sky , “there is enough blue up there to make a shirt“

….. me neither !

we had two of our grandchildren yesterday for the day. We took them down Lee on Solent flying kites . A five year old ( just) and a six year old . What a brilliant day .
Our six year old granddaughter , who showed me up playing football two weeks ago , was flying the kite whilst running and doing cartwheels!!!! ……..Unbelievable.
The other little Herbert , five three weeks ago , had the kite so far in the air we could hardly see it . …… there was granddad thinking it was going to be a waste of ten pounds , that I would spend all day showing them how to do it , they would get fed up , or lose the kites within two minutes !!!!! …. Yeah .. right !
Granddaughter has just invented a new Olympic sport I think !

It was very windy down there , the windsurfers were ten feet in the air at times ,on the water .
Great fun to watch .
We had a picnic on a bench on the grass area . which attracted the seagulls , until the kids started screaming at them and they buggered off . Amazing , there is nothing those kids can’t do .

Good to hear about your heart Lijaboc , well done mate .
Sorry to hear about your nephew , I wish him well .
This is an awful thing that we are going to have to live with .
Nick , I haven’t got a problem with you making a living out of your knowledge and skills , how could I ? …. fair play to you mate …… but just dont boast about making a killing off of charities and old people.
Come on here and tell us you made a monkey or two off of some bloke who had a Bentley in the drive and I will be singing your praises .
That’s all I’m going to say about it !
Back to the Confession Thread for you, go on …. off you go .

Hope the old Chips and peas are better Pompey , you will need them in good working order .
Mrs PY will keep you on yer Smokey’s.

She knows what’s what !

Hope everyone is as good as is possible.
We need you all fit for the new season .!

take care , look after each other . Don’t be too proud to be looked after . ..,.. says me … who definitely is !!!