Good Morning Thread | Page 246 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

On a not too dissimilar note, a lifelong Scottish friend and I hadn't seen each other for around 5 years; he'd been working abroad, so had I but we finally organised a get together with a few other friends/family up at Gleneagles; Golf for us, horse riding and advanced lessons for the ladies and daughters.

Had never played the course until then, which unfortunately just as we were about to play a wind picked up, a horrific wind, I lost 8 balls that day, the most I'd ever lost in one round in my life, the two Scottish friends pretty much the same, at the end of the game, the scores were horrible, and I mean horrible for all of us, we got in the restaurant/bar back at the hotel about midday, Scott my mate decided that we'd have some old very expensive scotches, the families were still out doing whatever, about 4p.m. I looked at my phone and saw (or couldn't see!) I'd missed around 14 calls, the other two the same.

We decided we were all in deep shite so, we'd stay in the bar, at around 8 p.m. when I knew none of us could understand each other anymore, Scott got up and went to find his room; he'd had enough, needless to say, he couldn't.

I went to bed, comatose.

Around midnight my wife was shouting at me to wake up (she'd left me to sleep it off) - Scott's wife was now furiously and in an agitated state looking for him and couldn't find him, obviously, I had no idea where he was. Bit by bit as we looked for him in the hotel, the panic was rising, now his wife had called the police, as someone said they saw him wandering about outside earlier in a drunken state!

Long story short; he was eventually found in the laundry room where he'd made himself a bed and was fast asleep and next to him were two dogs which no one owned up to knowing or owning! - he was completely naked.

His wife went nuts at him.

The next day, the three of us, Scott, me, and Duncan finally crawled downstairs at about 5 p.m. where we reviewed the bill for the day before; it ran into thousands.

Queue another meltdown by Scott's wife in front of around 200 guests - who as they heard all this, bit by bit got to know the full story before his wife stormed off still shouting at him - she really had lost the plot.

When she was far enough away, up stood Scott and loudly asked for everyone's attention and apologized very loudly to everyone and as he did so, offered everyone a drink - he also told a few jokes (not sure why).

Finally, he made a toast to all the wives who had to put up with Husbands like him, by now he had everyone in stitches. When he'd done almost every man gave him a round of applause and as he stood up and bowed, his wife returned.

She stood there watched this gobsmacked and walked up to him and gave him a slap! As she muttered curse after curse under her breath.

Scott thanked her for the tickle and without missing a beat said "what would you like to drink, my love?"

She stared at him and just started laughing.

The whole room joined in.

We all got pissed again.

Madness, but great days.

Love Scotland and the mad Scots, some things never leave you.
“We decided we were in deep shit , so we stayed in the bar “
Classic . ........... that’s what makes the world go round . A mans never changing thought process in adversity!!!!
Priceless . I can never understand how a woman can’t understand that .
Mars and Venus............. says it all

If I may be so bold EX, thats a very high end Scots night out EX, and I had the privilege of a few due to Computer Manufacturers taking me to various golf courses blah blah and hip flasks abounding on the round, before 'prize giving copious drink suppers' in bonny Scotland when I lived there!!

However it is a completely different world at the middle end nights out where you got for a quick swallah in your local up there and get chatting to locals and any one else in there and it turns into an unexpected session ...usually starting off quite sensible then ....well football colours emerge, and Gers and Celts supporters verbally fighting and thats before the nips arrive with the pints......and then the move to the local curry house at the bell..

...... then of course there are the low end situations where you are away in a different town/city and you stupidly go into the 'wrong pub' and find yerself unknowingly getting involved in a rund with locals only to find they are a mix of the local gadgers, nutters and alkies...feckin so so difficult to get outta their company .....alive!

As I inadvertently started this Scottish theme (great contributions by the way guys) I thought I would leave you with this joke......

This grocer in Fife is in ehs shoap n it's freezin cauld n ehs standin ower the electric-bar fire. A wifie comes in, looks at the counter n goes tae um...'is that yer Ayrshire bacon? The grocerlooks at her n says, naw, ah'm jist warmin ma hands.

Tadaaah

greavsie, my mates up there were all Rangers fans, and we've done the jaunt around the pubs and bars up there many times and been picked on for being english many a time! But that's a whole other story.

Good morning all, I see Walt has given you his report of the "Beast from the West" Greavsie, more like at the moment the "Pussy from the West" you have to remember to look at where Pompey is situated on the map, that is, we are in the middle or as most call it "Britain's arse hole section" so we get partly East n West weather.
Just to add to Walts post, its that rain, rain drizzly wet stuff, continuously falling, breezy with here n there wind, cloudy, mind we are on top of the bleedin Downs, hill to non locals, lol!

One thing about the rain, its keeping the Ginger Twat and his oppo's away from the garden, and that pleases the Hound, cos he hates the wet stuff, but would go out if required, the life of a dedicated watch dog eh!

Some of the stories/memories regards our Sweatie friends, excellent, I wrote about one particular incident, having served with many great Scotsmen, Jimmies, there I used correct terminalogy not the nickname lol!, I have many many "wee dramm" memories across my service years, they are stories for later.

All for now folks, keep up the good work with many happy/smiley posts, they do make me laugh, but in the main stay safe and keep you beady eye's peeled for the Numpty none believers in our midst.

Still raining Greavsie.
Nothing to write home about .
no wind .
bit of a sad day out there really .
Not enough rain rain to make it a bad day , but it’s than rain that gets you wet without you knowing .
Well said Walt, got there before me, only diff' is it is getting windy up ere on the hill! LOL!

Walthy and Pompey are much better at guessing the weather than those mutli million pound data crunching and analyitical mass computers ....they just go into the garden / allotment and observe...

The sparrows are more prevalent today - cloudy with drizzle
The potatoes have sprouted - 55 degrees and partial sun
The worm cast have increased - cloudy but no more rain for a week
The tiles are falling off the roof ...very strong winds
The roof has come off the house - Hurricane
Ducks and Swans where the lawn used to be ...severe flooding

Last edited:
Walthy and Pompey are much better at guessing the weather than those mutli million pound data crunching and analyitical mass computers ....they just go into the garden / allotment and observe...

The sparrows are more prevalent today - cloudy with drizzle
The potatoes have sprouted - 55 degrees and partial sun
The worm cast have increased - cloudy but no more rain for a week
The tiles are falling off the roof ...very strong winds
The roof has come off the house - Hurricane
Ducks and Swans where the lawn used to be ...severe flooding
Yep! Greasvie you cannot beat the good old nature forecaster and of course the bloody the stating obvious, lol!

Greavsie , ignore Nick , he is not in our gang yet , he doesn’t get a prick until next Tuesday .
The wind is getting up mate . it will be with you soon .

did I tell you about the time I went to the doctor and said” I have really bad wind , is there anything you can give me for it ? “
He prescribed me a kite .

Who the hell woke Nick up? come on own up!
More weather ere Nick, put that in ya pipe, and do what ever you want wiv it lol!

Yep agreed there Walt the wind is getting up, still drizzly rain though.