Good Morning Thread | Page 202 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Good morning all
Seems to be quite nice out there today . Clear , calm and bright .

I’ve not been to the allotment for ages , I wonder what it’s like up there.
I bet when Ex started this thread , ages ago , and opened it with
“ post random thoughts on here for the duration........” he never thought it would run for over two hundred pages .
There are a few random thoughts contained in those pages .

Have you got your frogmans suit out again , Greavsie?
It will worth its weight in gold now .

My wife had a few check ups to contend with , this week at the hospital. It took ages yesterday , 40 minutes to be precise for someone in the Covid testing centre to answer the phone .
She has got to have another camera inserted where the sun doesn’t shine and more CT scans .
It’s all a worry .
‘Covid test on Thursday , then isolate again till her appointment on Sunday.,. Then isolate again till CT scans on the 14 th. .
What a way to live .
never mind , it will all be a memory soon .
Keep well .,stay safe.
look after each other.,
Tough going for both of you Walt, your ability to stay positive is admirable at a time when most are finding that very difficult. Certainly on here you remain a source of optimism and humour.

Don’t read the Covid thread today then Ex!
Harry , don’t you dare jack it all in .,what’s all that about mate .
You are my mate on here , you are needed , ....
jump out , pick your toys up and and get back in there .

I’ve never heard the like of it .

Come back , and I will say no more about it !

Even you are not allowed to commit Hari Kari on here

Tough going for both of you Walt, your ability to stay positive is admirable at a time when most are finding that very difficult. Certainly on here you remain a source of optimism and humour.
Thanks Smithy , I don’t see any other way to be .
What’s the point in getting sober when you will only get drunk again.

Probably not a good analogy , but it suits me . Ha ha

Good morning all ,
Tinged with sadness that Harry had buggered off .

Not sure what has happened really , I don’t think he has been his normal self on here for a while .
If you are reading this mate , don’t do a moody on us . Come on back .

Now that we are out of the common market, as it was once called , will we be able to buy light bulbs again. Proper ones . Ones that are measured in Watts and called bulbs ,

Not lamps that use lumens . What the ‘kin ‘ell is that all about . .
Have you ever seen the array of blokes standing , staring at the bulb display , trying to work out what to buy , when you only need a 40 watt bulb fit the bedside light .
Don’t even try to get a 100 watt bugger for the big light in the lounge .
Madness .
Small bayonet , large bayonet , screw in , plug in , GU 10 . GU 11 .
Ive been trying to get a 25 watt GU10 bulb ,for a replacement, in a fancy oil diffuser thingy we were given last Christmas , not the one just gone , ...... the bulb it came with only lasted about a fortnight, and I can’t get one anywhere .
They sell them in packs of ten on Amazon.
I don’t want ten , I doubt I will even need more than two .
Without a bulb in it , it is just a useless ornament .

Always something . !! !!!!
Any how ,
Harry , get back on here ,
Look after each other , keep posting, keep alert, keep safe.
Have a good day .

Good morning all ,
Tinged with sadness that Harry had buggered off .

Not sure what has happened really , I don’t think he has been his normal self on here for a while .
If you are reading this mate , don’t do a moody on us . Come on back .

Now that we are out of the common market, as it was once called , will we be able to buy light bulbs again. Proper ones . Ones that are measured in Watts and called bulbs ,

Not lamps that use lumens . What the ‘kin ‘ell is that all about . .
Have you ever seen the array of blokes standing , staring at the bulb display , trying to work out what to buy , when you only need a 40 watt bulb fit the bedside light .
Don’t even try to get a 100 watt bugger for the big light in the lounge .
Madness .
Small bayonet , large bayonet , screw in , plug in , GU 10 . GU 11 .
Ive been trying to get a 25 watt GU10 bulb ,for a replacement, in a fancy oil diffuser thingy we were given last Christmas , not the one just gone , ...... the bulb it came with only lasted about a fortnight, and I can’t get one anywhere .
They sell them in packs of ten on Amazon.
I don’t want ten , I doubt I will even need more than two .
Without a bulb in it , it is just a useless ornament .

Always something . !! !!!!
Any how ,
Harry , get back on here ,
Look after each other , keep posting, keep alert, keep safe.
Have a good day .

Morning Walthy, like you I think it's a shame and like you I think he's not been himself for sometime..

However, when a piece of conspiracy garbage that's been challenged and found badly wanting to the point of not being allowed on any social media site, then it had to be deleted.

As a post later underlined, those who are gullible enough to be taken in by that type of propaganda can cost lives, so it's not even a question for me of free speech, these people abuse it, but just because we all believe we're intelligent sensible people it doesn't mean you can't be influenced by their warped view of the World - the irony here, of course, is that it was Hari who alerted me to the post!

Anyway, there's nothing I can do to persuade him that it couldn't be on an informative thread, so he decided (with no debate/discussion) that he was off.

A real shame, but it's his decision. I asked a short while back should we keep it going or end it, Hari was one that was very much on the side of keeping it going.

The mods have taken a deep breath and decided that now after this spat the thread should be moved to off-topic and so now it will be, just so that someone else doesn't take umbrage at it attempting to remain fact-based.

Stay safe, stay smart, this thing is real.

brilliant by LouisJordon . All time great .
I bet Greavsies got it .

I do have quite a few shellac 10 inchers in a box somewhere...I will have to check!

NB for the uninformed Shellac is the materials of which discs were made and with which they were coated with shellac which eventually became the commonest material. Generally 78s are made of a brittler material which uses a shellac resin Thus these records became known as 78s (or "seventy-eights") Always breaking the buggers......

Morning Walthy, like you I think it's a shame and like you I think he's not been himself for sometime..

However, when a piece of conspiracy garbage that's been challenged and found badly wanting to the point of not being allowed on any social media site, then it had to be deleted.

As a post later underlined, those who are gullible enough to be taken in by that type of propaganda can cost lives, so it's not even a question for me of free speech, these people abuse it, but just because we all believe we're intelligent sensible people it doesn't mean you can't be influenced by their warped view of the World - the irony here, of course, is that it was Hari who alerted me to the post!

Anyway, there's nothing I can do to persuade him that it couldn't be on an informative thread, so he decided (with no debate/discussion) that he was off.

A real shame, but it's his decision. I asked a short while back should we keep it going or end it, Hari was one that was very much on the side of keeping it going.

The mods have taken a deep breath and decided that now after this spat the thread should be moved to off-topic and so now it will be, just so that someone else doesn't take umbrage at it attempting to remain fact-based.

Stay safe, stay smart, this thing is real.
I’m with you , all the way . I must admit I didn’t see the video , and I queried Harry when he posted about there not being a pandemic ! All very strange , I thought .
We do need to keep this context . Sixty thousand a day are getting infected . SIXTY THOUSAND .! That’s everyone that can sit in our stadium . Every day

100% agree.

I didn’t see the post either and sincerely hope Harry has a change of heart and decides to post again.

That being said, I think it’s a mistake to move the thread to off topic. I appreciate that it primarily a football forum but I for one have found the posts from ex and others very insightful these last months and will continue to read and use the thread.

Surely at this time in particular COVID is very on topic but I of course understand the reasoning.

100% agree.

I didn’t see the post either and sincerely hope Harry has a change of heart and decides to post again.

That being said, I think it’s a mistake to move the thread to off topic. I appreciate that it primarily a football forum but I for one have found the posts from ex and others very insightful these last months and will continue to read and use the thread.

Surely at this time in particular COVID is very on topic but I of course understand the reasoning.

If the majority here requests I move it back, then I'll happily do it.

What is the problem? We know where the thread has gone and it is not rocket science to go into off topic and read/comment.....

No problem Greavs, but that’s exactly my point in a sense. You could just as easily argue that if you don’t want to read/post on a topic, just don’t open it. Regardless of where it’s located but again, I take your point 100%.

I don't think the location of the thread is the issue or actually changes anything. People who are interested and want to contribute will go wherever it is located. And vice versa for those who are not.

But whether a post should be censored is the real issue. Harry thought it shouldn't and responded accordingly.

I presume the owner of the site and mods have a policy in this area and followed through.

An alternative to censorship when a post like this comes on site is to flag it up as factually without basis. And perhaps invite the poster to produce evidence to support the claim. Then readers can make their own minds up.

Personally, I don't have a strong opinion either way because I use the site as a Spurs forum. I enjoy the non-football threads but they're just a bonus.

Yesterday Talk Radio got banned from YouTube. They have been live streaming their presenters a bit like TV. A few of their hosts have been spouting shite to the effect that lockdowns dont work etc. YouTube doesn't ban without warning, its 3 strikes and out. The exact content leading to the ban was not disclosed but it was related to fact checking concerning Covid.
Mike Graham and Kevin Osullivan have been stating.....lockdowns dont work.
Their account was re-instated a few hours later. I haven't caught up with the details yet but it's an example of censorship.

On a lighter note, I produced one of my classics today which didnt go down too well.

Our dog is a Maltese Pomeranian cross, she doesn't look anything like a Pom, 90% Maltese I would say. She is feisty and takes no shit from bigger dogs. She eats raw chicken wings and crunches through the bone and eats the whole thing, she has two per night.
Last night I was obviously relegated to the bedroom for the football while my wife watched her shite on the big tv. Marnie ( our dog ) spends all her time with me, she tolerates the wife, just. I was so engrossed I didnt notice Marnie had brought one of her pieces of chicken into the bedroom. Marnie jumps onto the bed, sleeps on the bed with us at night, even sleeps in the bed until she gets too hot.
I asked my wife if Marnie had eaten her dinner and she replied.....only one piece.
This morning my wife found the raw chicken wing in the bed when she made it.

I said, I could feel something cold, slimey and wrinkled against my leg last night....I thought it was you !!!

You can imagine the look I got. She did laugh though.

Marnie ate both her pieces of chicken this morning.

On a lighter note, I produced one of my classics today which didnt go down too well.

Our dog is a Maltese Pomeranian cross, she doesn't look anything like a Pom, 90% Maltese I would say. She is feisty and takes no shit from bigger dogs. She eats raw chicken wings and crunches through the bone and eats the whole thing, she has two per night.
Last night I was obviously relegated to the bedroom for the football while my wife watched her shite on the big tv. Marnie ( our dog ) spends all her time with me, she tolerates the wife, just. I was so engrossed I didnt notice Marnie had brought one of her pieces of chicken into the bedroom. Marnie jumps onto the bed, sleeps on the bed with us at night, even sleeps in the bed until she gets too hot.
I asked my wife if Marnie had eaten her dinner and she replied.....only one piece.
This morning my wife found the raw chicken wing in the bed when she made it.

I said, I could feel something cold, slimey and wrinkled against my leg last night....I thought it was you !!!

You can imagine the look I got. She did laugh though.

Marnie ate both her pieces of chicken this morning.
Well Nick! I was quite shocked reading that your "Marnie" eats raw Chicken wings, not the Chicken meat itself being a shock, all the Bulldog breed dogs I have ever owned/rescued love it, it was that "Marnie" ate the bones as well, for all the 50+ years I have been rescuing dogs I was always lead to believe by Vets to keep Chicken bones away from dogs because of the Brittle sharpness nature of them being dangerous, though I am so glad your "Marnie" enjoys them, but in my mind and thoughts, I am saying please be careful.