Good Morning Thread | Page 203 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Well Nick! I was quite shocked reading that your "Marnie" eats raw Chicken wings, not the Chicken meat itself being a shock, all the Bulldog breed dogs I have ever owned/rescued love it, it was that "Marnie" ate the bones as well, for all the 50+ years I have been rescuing dogs I was always lead to believe by Vets to keep Chicken bones away from dogs because of the Brittle sharpness nature of them being dangerous, though I am so glad your "Marnie" enjoys them, but in my mind and thoughts, I am saying please be careful.

Got to say, I was surprised to read that too; some general advice here:

https://www.petmd.com/dog/nutrition/what-do-i-do-if-my-dog-ate-chicken-bone

Well Nick! I was quite shocked reading that your "Marnie" eats raw Chicken wings, not the Chicken meat itself being a shock, all the Bulldog breed dogs I have ever owned/rescued love it, it was that "Marnie" ate the bones as well, for all the 50+ years I have been rescuing dogs I was always lead to believe by Vets to keep Chicken bones away from dogs because of the Brittle sharpness nature of them being dangerous, though I am so glad your "Marnie" enjoys them, but in my mind and thoughts, I am saying please be careful.

Cooked chicken bones are brittle and sharp. Raw ones are soft. Marnie has been eating them since a puppy, she is now 7. Dogs stomachs are different to ours. In the wild foxes and wolves crunch through and eat bone.

Well you learn something everyday, never to old to learn eh!, as you said about bones, that is Foxes n Wolves, all my dogs have eaten bones of all shapes n sizes, esp marrowfat lol!, but I have never fed them raw Chicken bones. Thanks for that NIck, I will look into it.

Well you learn something everyday, never to old to learn eh!, as you said about bones, that is Foxes n Wolves, all my dogs have eaten bones of all shapes n sizes, esp marrowfat lol!, but I have never fed them raw Chicken bones. Thanks for that NIck, I will look into it.

Marnie is a small dog, she has to crunch the bones up. A bigger dog might swallow them in bigger chunks which I guess could cause a problem. It's a personal call and I would not advise it. Marnie has been doing it since she was very tiny. I can just imagine a large breed swallowing a chicken wing whole or with little chewing which could be dangerous. Marnie devours the bone with lots of gnawing bites concentrated on one small area and works her way through. It takes her about 5 minutes to eat a chicken wing, then she demands the other one, then demands to lick the bowl. She then goes onto her dry food mix straight after, a balanced formula on it's own in the form of small crunchy granules, then she of course has a drink of water.
She also eats rabbit ears and turkey feet as an occasional treat. The rabbit ears are fur an all. The turkey feet claws an all which are the first to disappear !!
She has Markies and Gravy Bones biscuits, Natures Menu dry food when we can get it and she likes sweetcorn and peas !!

Please don’t encourage him !

well who said you can't teach old dogs new tricks?

Morning all. Another day in paradise...take care of yourselves and stay smart.

Another new vaccine on the horizon, efforts to roll out what we have to be quadrupled over the next 8 weeks -we might just see the worst of this behind us in 8 weeks or so, fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Arose to another cold & frosty winters morning. Didn't fancy an early morning stroll in this weather so booked the dog walker instead. She can take as many as 5 dogs at a time so she's always okay with a late booking, bless her lil cotton socks. So it looks like it's back to bed for me lads. Enjoy your day lol.

I too decided this morning would be a lazy one; but then the urgent calls and messages started arriving around 7 a.m.
A relative was working out their capital gains tax computations - he is an accountant and his formulas on his excel spreadsheets weren't working and was getting desperate. I've solved his issues now, but can't help thinking I wish I knew SFA about this stuff so that my family didn't think I was their on-hand tech support!

Dog is fast asleep next to me in my study and I will walk her later.

I hate needy relatives LOL!

Enjoy your day.

Morning all, bright n sunny here, a little bit parky but hey ho its winter.

Predictable...the dog jokes haha! not going to go there just yet cos it might evoke a report by you know who!

Thanks Nick for that post regards "Marnie's" eating habits, and you are probably right regards bigger dogs, being pigs, not in disguise, what you said is exactly the problem with Bull Terriers, they eat as if its the last meal they are ever going to get, well all the ones I have owned have behaved like that lol!

Steve hope you get better soon, or are you just a wuss! because its parky lol!

Keep your chins up all with smiles on your the boatraces, we may just be getting there.

I too decided this morning would be a lazy one; but then the urgent calls and messages started arriving around 7 a.m.
A relative was working out their capital gains tax computations - he is an accountant and his formulas on his excel spreadsheets weren't working and was getting desperate. I've solved his issues now, but can't help thinking I wish I knew SFA about this stuff so that my family didn't think I was their on-hand tech support!

Enjoy your day.

Know exactly what you mean do one a favour and they all want your services and come back time and again...and what is your accountant relatives name cos if an accountant cannot sort out his own formulae then he must be in the wrong profession and I will steer clear of his services!

It comes from us who believe we are multidisciplined smart asses and fonts of all knowledge EX........

Arose to another cold & frosty winters morning. Didn't fancy an early morning stroll in this weather so booked the dog walker instead. She can take as many as 5 dogs at a time so she's always okay with a late booking, bless her lil cotton socks. So it looks like it's back to bed for me lads. Enjoy your day lol.

I never have that problem, easy .... don't have a dog! :loser:

I was up on Bodmin at 8am this morning and I still haven't thawed. As far as the dogs were concerned it may just as well have been a summer's morning.

Morning all, bright n sunny here, a little bit parky but hey ho its winter.

Predictable...the dog jokes haha! not going to go there just yet cos it might evoke a report by you know who!

Thanks Nick for that post regards "Marnie's" eating habits, and you are probably right regards bigger dogs, being pigs, not in disguise, what you said is exactly the problem with Bull Terriers, they eat as if its the last meal they are ever going to get, well all the ones I have owned have behaved like that lol!

Steve hope you get better soon, or are you just a wuss! because its parky lol!

Keep your chins up all with smiles on your the boatraces, we may just be getting there.
I'm as soft as they come. Southerner mate lol. When it comes to the cold my legs turn to jelly.

Enjoy your day.
I feel your pain. Google is your friend. I usually block incoming calls when i'm off with their new screening service, i'm not supposed to though... oops.

It's not uncommon for me to have 16-17 calls & messages every-single-day, so it's hardly surprising i resort to these measures.