Good Morning Thread | Page 198 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Morning all . It’s still Ann Summers ,and Weird Fish for me ,!!!!!!!
just about sums me up I suppose .

It’s a cold and frosty morning here , looks nice , but I’m glad I’m not going out there .

Virgin tv man due back today . . It got worse last night , with the set top box telling us we were not authorised to watch BBC1, but wouldn’t let us change to a different channel .

I had to physically reboot the thing four times in four hours during the evening .
A reboot takes four minutes , and cancels anything you may have been recording .

That's fine if you know about it and can plan it , but when the stupid box decides to do it itself , with no warning , its a pain in the set top .

I asked him about why we can’t store recordings in the cloud , and he said these types of box’s are being trialled at the moment and rolling out next year .
Maybe you get one when you have your Covid jab ?
Apparently , they are totally wireless , apart from the bit that you have to plug in the mains, and the bit you have to plug into the box from the tv .
The new set top box ..... not the Covid jab !

He was amazed we didn’t have a smart tv .
And didn’t have Alexa running our lives .

Our tv is smart enough I think . It’s a Samsung , lovely and flat and does it’s job well .

We have a smart tv in the “office “ as we call it . It’s the box room that should be a bedroom but is too small.
What’s the point in those rooms . Who in their right mind decided that every house should a room that is too small ?
You can get a single bed in there , but if you have any clothes , tough . There is no room to put a wardrobe .

Or swing a cat . Is that still a thing . ? Swinging cats .?

It’s a saying that came from the Navy , when I was a young lad .!!!!

If anybody had been caught doing something a bit rash , they would be sentenced to so many lashes of the Cat’ o ‘nine tails . .
But as it was so cramped for space down below , on the lower decks , the poor wretch had to be flogged on the top deck , cos there wasn’t enough room down there to swing a cat !
I think I’m digressing .
Hope you all stay safe , safer than you have before . It’s getting worse .

our game is in doubt tonight . Won’t be long before it’s all cancelled again .

Look after each other .
got to go , got to look for The Pathe News app.
Didn’t know it existed!
Thanks Greavsie .

Well thats where 'Dont let the cat out of the bag' originated, as you well know Walthy, cos in the Navy if they did let it out, then it had to be used in earnest before it was put back again!

You just can't get a decent Virgin any more .....Walthy you should go for tried and tested mate, all the wrinkles have been ironed out! (Nick Alert)

Think we need an acronym for Nick Alert? (How about NAH)

Done all me chores now (Who's list is ready to be populated again) , had me walk by the sea, now, sit down to PATHE NEWS with a coffee, for a while anyway, look at how Forest Gate used to be when I was dragged up there.

I'm cookin the meal for tonight ...so will prep it before I get ready for the 1800 Spursey Game...don't ask what I am making cos I tend to play it by ear and chuck stuff in...no stuffin mind.

By for now.

It’s now 11:15 No news from Virgin . I’ve phoned , got no answer and left a message .
Looks like I’ve got to initiate a complaints procedure .
Wish me luck with that . Got to get passed the person who answers the phone first , whose first mission in life is delay , decry and delete .
Walt, if anyone answers can you ask them if they know anyone on the airline side that might answer a phone?...just kidding...

Walt do yourself a favour. Leave them. The sheer number of people i know who have left them over the past couple of years would make your mind boggle. The main complaint is the complete lack of service. The after sales is particularly poor as you seem to be finding out.

Yep, they've spent all their money putting trees through people's letterboxes that they could have spent on services infrastructure and people. Absolutely hopeless company.

Well thats where 'Dont let the cat out of the bag' originated, as you well know Walthy, cos in the Navy if they did let it out, then it had to be used in earnest before it was put back again!

You just can't get a decent Virgin any more .....Walthy you should go for tried and tested mate, all the wrinkles have been ironed out! (Nick Alert)

Think we need an acronym for Nick Alert? (How about NAH)

Done all me chores now (Who's list is ready to be populated again) , had me walk by the sea, now, sit down to PATHE NEWS with a coffee, for a while anyway, look at how Forest Gate used to be when I was dragged up there.

I'm cookin the meal for tonight ...so will prep it before I get ready for the 1800 Spursey Game...don't ask what I am making cos I tend to play it by ear and chuck stuff in...no stuffin mind.

By for now.
Fancy yourself as a bit of a Jamie Oliver then?

There's something to be said for a bit of rustic cooking. It's ideal for getting rid of scraps. Can't abide waste.

It's up by £105 per dog. £200 total due for the pair after discounting. I had to laugh at how ridiculous that sounded. Will have to get my skates on as it's due in the next fortnight. The total cost of the new policy is therefore £515 lol. Last years was obviously £315.
Christ. We are getting royally ripped off then. We have two dogs and we pay £30.87 insurance per month per dog. And we have a care plan with the vets that comes to £17.80 per month per dog. That's £1168.08 per year for the pair!

At least one of them has to go. Or perhaps the wife and keep the dog.

Christ. We are getting royally ripped off then. We have two dogs and we pay £30.87 insurance per month per dog. And we have a care plan with the vets that comes to £17.80 per month per dog. That's £1168.08 per year for the pair!

Careful Gary...she might be thinking the same thing😈

Afternoon all, is it all going to the dogs, as someone has already said, esp regards pet insurances.

Gary we pay the same monthly insurance as your self for our Bulldog breed hound lol!, yes it does seem a lot of dough, £370.44 yearly, but ours is one of the top ones, covers every bloody thing, we took it out a couple of years ago because one of the then pet dogs got seriously ill, no/nil insurance then, Vet bill went through the roof, thus 2 choices, but me n Mrs PY refused to take the miserable choice, so chose to pay the "getting him better fees", thus the reason now for pet insurance, at the monthly rate now over 10 years it still would not cover the vet fees I mentioned early, so I /we think it is worth it.

Where's this snow they keep on about then, because cleaning the patio with it on is excellent, snow scraper = removal of snow plus all the normal watery green shit, resulting in non-slip patio lol!

Regards Virgin Media, we don't really have that much grief with them, ok speaking to those non-English operators can get/make you a little bit pissed.
About 2+ months ago we were having the same shit as you Walt, rang em, finally got past the recorded voice, ended speaking to one of those heavily accented types, sent out Engineer, it seems our outside box was loaded with spiders lol!, being 20 yrs old, thus "I'll get you a knew one", plus he checked the receiver box indoors, out of date, again new one required, resulting in 2 new boxes within 2 days, thus all tickity boo now, sorry for you problems mate.

All keep safe and try n look forward to the new year, there is light at the end of that tunnel, mind not sure yet that applies to Spurs lol!

£ 5 per week per dog. I dont think that's too bad. Insurance becomes vet fees payment if your dog needs medical treatment. But what matters is the excess if any and the maximum pay out limit. We had to have an expensive leg break operation on one of our dogs with metal plates etc needed. Cost over £ 1000 and that was a long time ago.

Walt, if anyone answers can you ask them if they know anyone on the airline side that might answer a phone?...just kidding...
H . I asked the question mate , they put me on hold . The music is lovely . I’ve been on hold for four hours now ! Just got to be patient!!!!!!!
Im assuming you are trying to get to the States , it would be quicker to fly there first and ask the question when you get there . Crazy ennit !

Are you being serious?

We also have a care plan with our vet but as they're an independent we only pay £12.50 pm, so yeah i'd say you're being fleeced big time Gary.

H . I asked the question mate , they put me on hold . The music is lovely . I’ve been on hold for four hours now ! Just got to be patient!!!!!!!
Im assuming you are trying to get to the States , it would be quicker to fly there first and ask the question when you get there . Crazy ennit !
Thanks Walt...now Biden is President I’ll probably go to Mexico and just walk over the border with a few MS13 guys for companions...

£ 5 per week per dog. I dont think that's too bad. Insurance becomes vet fees payment if your dog needs medical treatment. But what matters is the excess if any and the maximum pay out limit. We had to have an expensive leg break operation on one of our dogs with metal plates etc needed. Cost over £ 1000 and that was a long time ago.
Double or even triple that now. With the rise of alternative treatments prices will only continue to soar.

The thing is there are so many different variables at play. Breed, age, health, price etc etc etc. Apparently snub nosed breeds are much more expensive to insure especially in the first 2 years due to breathing difficulties. So Boxers, Pugs, Bulldogs & the like tend to be more costly to insure.

I have a pair of working cockers & they're still relatively young & healthy, so i'm at a loss as to why i should be paying such exhorbitant fees. I could understand it if i had claimed or they were unhealthy but that's simply not the case. A rise therefore of 40% in a single year is far too much for me to stomach, hence my refusal to pay it.

Every day on here you learn something new . The Era of pet insurance is something that would have eluded me forever .
I had a dog once , back in the eighties , a golden retriever . She was my best mate . And I really mean that , we went everywhere together . We were living in East London at the time . I was with my first wife .
She never had a lead on when we went out , she never ran off , always stayed by my side , except when I told her she could run off ............( I’m talking about my dog here ! ) , she was almost human in her thoughts . She had two plastic bowls , one for water and one for food . When she was hungry ,,she would pick the food bowl up and drop it in my lap , sit there and look at me . Unbelievable .
I was never seen without her ,( I’m still talking about my dog) , she watched when I played football , and would sit with the manager on the sidelines .. I could go on forever .....
She caught Parvovirus and the vet couldn’t save her , ,
It broke my heart and I vowed never to have another pet ,
So I know how you guys feel about your dogs . They are priceless .
It’s great how you are looking after them but I feel for the cost of it all .
Well done for the forethought and the care you are giving them .
PRICELESS.

So , my Virgin tv .
I had the technicians number , so when I hadn’t heard anything by 10-30 , I phoned him . He said to call him as it would be quicker than going through Customer Services , nice touch , I thought .
No answer ......... left a voicemail
Left it for another hour , phoned him again .
No answer , left another voicemail,
Half an hour later I got a text message to say he was on holiday now until until the 4th Jan.
and it would be best for me to contact Customer services ! !!!!!
Unbelievable .
I left it for half an hour to calm down , phoned them and went through all the rigmarole of the press one , press two etc .

Got put on hold ( Alongside Harry) for twenty minutes , then got into the mother of all conversations about having to wait for a week for a technician to call , .... have it cancelled by Virgin an hour before he was due ,.... having the bloke out to tell me it wasn’t the box , but two loose connections on two other connection box’s ,.
Only for the set to crash again ten minutes after he had gone ,.

So then I’m told they are doing a test on my box as we speak . !
The same test they did last week .
Then they tell me I need a new box ,
As they told me last week .

ha ha .:arrghh:..... then they tell me they can’t get a technician out to me until after the 4th of Jan .:censor:

Then the fight started ............ my wife took the phone off me , ....

and they are posting a box out to us in the next three days 😳

They have given us a compensation claim number to use on the Complaint Form they are going to email immediately........ which hasn’t arrived yet !

There isn’t an emoji for “ don’t hold your breath “

So , my Virgin tv .
I had the technicians number , so when I hadn’t heard anything by 10-30 , I phoned him . He said to call him as it would be quicker than going through Customer Services , nice touch , I thought .
Half an hour later I got a text message to say he was on holiday now until until the 4th Jan.
Unbelievable .
I left it for half an hour to calm down , phoned them and went through all the rigmarole of the press one , press two etc .

Got put on hold ( Alongside Harry) for twenty minutes , then got into the mother of all conversations about having to wait for a week for a technician to call , .... have it cancelled by Virgin an hour before he was due ,.... having the bloke out to tell me it wasn’t the box , but two loose connections on two other connection box’s ,.

ha ha .:arrghh:..... then they tell me they can’t get a technician out to me until after the 4th of Jan .:censor:

They have given us a compensation claim number to use on the Complaint Form they are going to email immediately........ which hasn’t arrived yet !

Just imagine being on Branson’s space folly when the lights go out..😀😀

So , my Virgin tv .
Unbelievable .

They really are taking the Mick.