Good Morning Thread | Page 197 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Afternoon all, Cloudy with a bit of blue sky, warmer than yesterday, but Er in Doors made me put on my jeans for the first time this year, no cut off's was the order, as ex-military I know how to take orders, for when I went into the vIlle for a couple of bits, mind I lost count of the comments I got with jeans on, you know "colder then" "oooh! jeans" etc, though I did love the more sarcastic versions/jibes.

Walt we had about half hour of snow around 9am and the same around 10am, obviously no settling, nout since, but according to Happy Sole lol!, Mrs PY, she hates the stuff, there is more on its way, comments you don't reach 62 years of age without knowing this, as you can prob' note she is getting better, the old Mrs PY is nearly back haha.
As for Mrs Walt, the news is absolutely brilliant, pat on backs all round for being goody hubby and patient and obviously very content resulting in a Sunday lie in on Monday lol!

EX, that post of yours regards us lot helping the unknown poster, though I do say it as a newbie on here and will speak for all....its a massive thanks from everyone, and good luck for the future to the unknown poster, look for the light at the end of the tunnel.

As it seems Covid cases are a exploding all round, wait till after New years eve, for more dier results, no not Eric, I will repeat myself keep even safer all, eyes even more open for the bloody numpties, twats, that are still out there, you know who you are.

Cheers! with a Happy New Year to you all.

Don’t tell me you didn’t stock up after last time?
:grinning::grinning::grinning: Fortunately I've got a few weeks wine stock indoors. There's some pain insofar as the restaurants have to be closed by 20h00 and can't serve alcohol with meals, whilst the Golf Club bar has also had to close. As we've been giving a wide berth to indoor venues whilst this second wave peaks, no real problem for us as yet. I do have a lot of sympathy with our bar staff at the Golf Club though, between their lost wages and tips over almost a year, they and their families have really been hit badly. They are not alone, but it must be extremely difficult for lower paid workers who have nothing to fall back on.

I will not ever say who, but I have been DM'ing with one of our posters and during our exchanges have been told how theuraputic for a troubled/stressed/struggling mind this place has become during this pandemic for him.

I've often pondered if this place/these off subject threads help but being told that without it they'd be in an even worse mental place - is a testament to the support you've all given to each other. I won't say where he thinks he might have been without your wit, silly stories, and anecdotes about life the universe and everything - (and not forgetting some of the worse attempted jokes known to man from greavsie).

He's not a prolific poster, but loves reading the threads; the good, the bad and the downright ugly!

So well done all you posters who kept it going, you may not know it, but in at least one case, a poster brave enough to speak honestly about why he's here, wanted me to tell you all, you might well have saved him from a full mental collapse due to the stress in his life because of covid.

Thank you.

Now, keep it up!!
I promise I will . Now that’s a short sentence that will please Nick !!!!!!

Virgin tv man turned up today , did a complete health check on our system, went all over the place , moved all the sofas tracing the cables , exposing the dust , old peanuts, and grandchildren’s toys , luckily none of the wife’s toys ,!!!! ... replaced two connectors inside , went outside and tested the box out there , went across to the roadside box , checked that , came back inside and changed the connector in the WiFi and said that that was the problem . The WiFi box was getting hot and apparently it shouldn’t be .
Did a complete test of the tele reception and went , all smug !
lovely bloke .
ten minutes later the tele froze and crashed again . Rebooted itself , and came on again five minutes afterwards.
tv man had given me his number , in case , so I phoned him , and he is trying to get back tonight or tomorrow .
I can’t get Amazon at all now , it won’t have it. It shows me what I can have , then won’t let me have it .
Bit like being married really !!
I don’t think my wife reads these forums !!!!!!

If I’m not on here tomorrow, you can probably assume she does .

The snow didn’t come to anything . Waste of time trying really . Not like you have got Harry.,

Tui are offering free children's places for holidays . My wife is going to get her Mum to take her away . Sorted !
Have a good evening all
:khat:

Anybody else getting the Ann Summers adverts on here ?
Shocking !
Nick must be going bananas , apoplectic .

Big thank you to the advert getting department!
Almost as good as the Freeman’s Catalogue.
Not that I ever looked .

We wouldn't necessarily see the same ads as you. Ads are normally personalised to the individual. The big techs track your internet history, listen to you all day through your devices and then find companies selling things that suit your personality.

Just saying !!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

The Marina owner had gone and reset the ropes on my boat and it had not sunk, today I visited RP Hospital and it was a very civil affair. Visiting hospitals atm is a very foreboding venture. But its seems for all the fear mongering the Cambridge Trust is not under as much pressure as elsewhere

Question?.....These Marina owners, are they atypically stereotyped ala BMW or Audi owners? As an aside, pray tell me said owner doesn't answer to the call of Morris?

Question?.....These Marina owners, are they atypically stereotyped ala BMW or Audi owners? As an aside, pray tell me said owner doesn't answer to the call of Morris?

LOL!! There is a very distinct difference between BMW drivers and Audi Drivers.

Audi drivers tend to be fine upstanding citizens whereas BMW drivers tend to be self centred %%@@s.

We wouldn't necessarily see the same ads as you. Ads are normally personalised to the individual. The big techs track your internet history, listen to you all day through your devices and then find companies selling things that suit your personality.

Just saying !!!

Ha ha that’s brilliant Mutters .

My wife recently asked me to make love to her like they do in the movies .
So I sneaked up behind her ,,grabbed her by the hair , ripped her clothes off , threw her to the floor ,,,,, took her in every conceivable position possible ,..... both of us thrashing about like wild people ... until she finally screamed for me to stop , ,,,,,

It turned out we didn’t watch the same sort of films !!!!!!

Just saying !!!

Well i keep receiving ads about Bird & Blend Tea. Dunno why cos i only drink coffee. Well that's a little white lie as i usually drink something a lil bit stronger in the evenings.

No snow over here but strong gale force winds aplenty. Icy cold they are too. It's the kind of weather you'd rather lie low, underneath the covers. No... i'm not going there Walt. I'll leave that kind of talk to you lol.

Well i keep receiving ads about Bird & Blend Tea. Dunno why cos i only drink coffee. Well that's a little white lie as i usually drink something a lil bit stronger in the evenings.

No snow over here but strong gale force winds aplenty. Icy cold they are too. It's the kind of weather you'd rather lie low, underneath the covers. No... i'm not going there Walt. I'll leave that kind of talk to you lol.

Well this morning I'm being offered the Peloton app for free for 2 months. I can then "treat my intimate skin to PH perfection" with Femfresh whist watching the Muppet Christmas Carol on the Sky Store.

Ref Ads, seems as I keep going onto the pathe news site and looking back over time and things in the old black and white photos and films, the ads I get targetted with are for things like Daz, Wagon Wheels, carpet sweepers, parafin heaters, eiderdowns, candlewick bedspreads, Wrights coal tar soap, pretty polle nylons (don't ask!) to name but a few.

Seriously for us oldies the pathe news web site is a wonderful place to spend some of lockdown in memory lane, when life was simpler, no cameras, yellow lines, traffic wardens, bus lanes, red routes, mobile phones, laptops WiFi......but sometimes challenging as you could only read the papers or watch BBC or ITV or listen to the radio news to find out what they wanted to tell you was happening in the world. If you needed to study then you went to the local reference library if it was open. Information at your finger tips NOT......ah well progress eh!

Highlights Spurs won the double, first english team to win a European Trophy blah blah, all things were lillywhite!

Morning folks, just woke up, strange dreams about years ago.....cold in the east but currently dry....see that team we thrshed 6-2 have got over the shock.....whilst we have gone into shock. Strange ole game eh!

Still have a feeling the back wheels will fall off tonight after the front wheels which have gone recently.

Anyway must go lots to do hence up earlier than usual.

Have good day in the circumstances

Cheers campers

Morning all . It’s still Ann Summers ,and Weird Fish for me ,!!!!!!!
just about sums me up I suppose .

It’s a cold and frosty morning here , looks nice , but I’m glad I’m not going out there .

Virgin tv man due back today . . It got worse last night , with the set top box telling us we were not authorised to watch BBC1, but wouldn’t let us change to a different channel .

I had to physically reboot the thing four times in four hours during the evening .
A reboot takes four minutes , and cancels anything you may have been recording .

That's fine if you know about it and can plan it , but when the stupid box decides to do it itself , with no warning , its a pain in the set top .

I asked him about why we can’t store recordings in the cloud , and he said these types of box’s are being trialled at the moment and rolling out next year .
Maybe you get one when you have your Covid jab ?
Apparently , they are totally wireless , apart from the bit that you have to plug in the mains, and the bit you have to plug into the box from the tv .
The new set top box ..... not the Covid jab !

He was amazed we didn’t have a smart tv .
And didn’t have Alexa running our lives .

Our tv is smart enough I think . It’s a Samsung , lovely and flat and does it’s job well .

We have a smart tv in the “office “ as we call it . It’s the box room that should be a bedroom but is too small.
What’s the point in those rooms . Who in their right mind decided that every house should a room that is too small ?
You can get a single bed in there , but if you have any clothes , tough . There is no room to put a wardrobe .

Or swing a cat . Is that still a thing . ? Swinging cats .?

It’s a saying that came from the Navy , when I was a young lad .!!!!

If anybody had been caught doing something a bit rash , they would be sentenced to so many lashes of the Cat’ o ‘nine tails . .
But as it was so cramped for space down below , on the lower decks , the poor wretch had to be flogged on the top deck , cos there wasn’t enough room down there to swing a cat !
I think I’m digressing .
Hope you all stay safe , safer than you have before . It’s getting worse .

our game is in doubt tonight . Won’t be long before it’s all cancelled again .

Look after each other .
got to go , got to look for The Pathe News app.
Didn’t know it existed!
Thanks Greavsie .

What a lovely day, what a lovely day for ringing Virgin Atlantic and leave it ringing for hours and hours and in the unlikely event of anyone answering say “Sorry, wrong Number”..

Seems everything associated with Virgin is crap just now, except for Branson’s personal billion pound extravaganza to the edge of space..

Bah Humbug

Postman delivered an interesting letter this morning. My dogs insurance renewal. Due to the rise in vet fees & the rise of alternative medicines your annual policy has increased. Understatement of the year. £200 bloody pounds! It's risen! I'd call that skyrocketed.

Last edited:
Postman delivered an interesting letter this morning. My dogs insurance renewal. Due to the rise in vet fees & the rise of alternative medicines your annual policy has increased. Understatement of the year. £200 bloody pounds! It's risen! I'd call that skyrocketed.
Wow ,that’s outrageous Steve .,so how much is the total policy to insure your dog mate . . Sounds like it could be more expensive than our contents and buildings insurance .
Our car insurance is only around £220 ... Fully comprehensive.,

Are you able to phone around and join a different scheme .? Get a good introductory offer ?

Wow ,that’s outrageous Steve .,so how much is the total policy to insure your dog mate . . Sounds like it could be more expensive than our contents and buildings insurance .
Our car insurance is only around £220 ... Fully comprehensive.,

Are you able to phone around and join a different scheme .? Get a good introductory offer ?
It's up by £105 per dog. £200 total due for the pair after discounting. I had to laugh at how ridiculous that sounded. Will have to get my skates on as it's due in the next fortnight. The total cost of the new policy is therefore £515 lol. Last years was obviously £315.

It's up by £105 per dog. £200 total due for the pair after discounting. I had to laugh at how ridiculous that sounded. Will have to get my skates on as it's due in the next fortnight. The total cost of the new policy is therefore £515 lol. Last years was obviously £315.
Unbelievable . Good luck mate . They really do extricate the yellow stuff .Ten pounds a week . !!!
let us know how you get on .