Good Morning Thread | Page 104 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Morning All

Day off today. So that means the misses has left me with the girls and the new hoover to test out.
Our 17 year old cat had an operation to remove a tumor yesterday. So he is feeling sorry for himself and wants to go outside to take a shit. No can do on the vets orders - and he is walking around in a leotard -thing because of the stiches so he has the right hump.
After all the chores are done will take the girls to a country park called cockington near Torquay - then probably the beach. I might pay them to wash way car as well.
Masks at the ready!
Have a good day all!

Good morning all .
cant thank you all enough for your kind words yesterday, we have a wonderful tiny community on here . It means so much . Thank you.
it all went really well at the hospital, everything was regimented and very clean , punctual and painless , my wife said . It was horrible leaving her at the entrance doors and seeing her walk in on her own. She has the worse sense of direction of anyone I have ever known . When we are /were ! on holiday , she will turn the wrong way out of the hotel door every time if I let her . That could be three or four times a day for two weeks . I darent let her loose in the airport , she would be like Tom Hanks and end up living there , never being found again! I would have a very quiet holiday though!
Anyhow , miracle of miracles , she found the correct department , on time as well , she could have ended up anywhere !
Her procedure went very well and the radiologist gave her very encouraging feedback but said the surgeon would have to do his examination of the x rays as well . Time to wait now . won’t be easy, but no one said it was a disco man !
while I was sitting in the car waiting , it was stifling hot and I had all the windows open and of course a fly got in , I had the thought that, given the disgusting , repulsive things that attract flies , what sort of stuff is fly repellent made of ? What could be that bad that even flies don’t like it ? !!! Things like worry me ! Ha ha .
Any how ,much much appreciation yet again to the wonderful health service , they truly are brilliant people . They don’t have to do what they do , they could be doing anything else , ball finders , laptop sellers ,cream cake makers , but they choose to do what they do for the benefit of others , and we , my wife and I , will be eternally grateful ,
Stay safe everyone , better times are on the way . Make sure you are here to enjoy them .,:tophat:
Don’t play golf in ‘KIn Australia! That’s seriously dodgy . No wonder they have such world class golfers , you couldn’t afford not to be could you . Out there you are either good at golf or good for somethings lunch . !
Very pleased for you and the wife, more so her, all the best for the future.

Morning all, good to see everyone in good spirits. Afraid my match didn't end well, my new partner is now my new ex-partner, we didn't dovetail and he missed so many short easy putts when he could have made a difference.

Anyway, went down by 4 on the first four holes, but we were all square by the ninth, sadly the back 9 went the same way and although I can comfort myself with the fact they made three birdies in a row (bandits), we couldn't turn it around and lost by 2and1..but the weather was glorious for golf and it was a good afternoon.

That's it, I shall leave all the golf stories now as I can't compete with sharks!

Hope you guys are all in good shape.

The news that the UK now has a much more highly contagious mutation of the virus is bad news, especially as I see more and more not even bothering to socially distance or wear a mask. Tomorrow is d-day for masks here, I wonder if I was right and that most will step up and wear them whilst in a shop?

Keep safe, keep smart, this isn't over yet.

Good to hear you ditched your partner rather than try and help him with his putting action.

Glad to hear your good news Walt...time for a beer or two...

Golf again today...sad to say a new virus is spreading through or group...played on Tuesday with a guy infected with the “I don’t know what’s gone wrong with my swing but I’m going to analyse it out loud on every shot” virus....I didn’t know there were so many moving parts in a golf swing...anyway, played today with two different guys and all our swings had disappeared up the kazoo...obviously caught the bug from the guy on Tuesday and passed it on....fortunately it seems to be a less potent version as there was less analysis of what might be going wrong and more swearing so hopefully the bug will be out of our systems for the Sunday comp, a Texas Scramble no less...

Bad as our golf was it’s still better than working...stay safe guys..

Old chimenia got the once over. 20th Birthday ...is a very heavy cast iron one, not one of these flimsey garden centre shite ones, so has lasted pretty well ...no cover ever!

So sanded it all down, got some fire cement and filled the gaps in the seams and spray painted it with heat resistant black paint...probably got another 3/4 years of life again.

Funny my missus always calls it a Chimera...which we all know is according to Greek mythology, a monstrous fire-breathing hybrid creature I always knew our chimenia breathed fire when I lit it, but did not know it was a hybrid creature! Learn something new every day. Keep well folks

Good morning all , rainy start to a Saturday . Saturdays come round so fast .
It’s been a bit of a strange week but we got through it . We tended to get into a routine for a long while but the hospital appointment changed all that , well it would wouldn’t it if you had to prepare for having a radioactive syringe stuck up your arse and being asked to turn cartwheels . !!!!
As I’m typing this on my I phone , I’ve noticed that if I start a sentence with “it’s “ on a new line , the predictive text changes it to “mite” for some strange reason , and if I type “ mite” it wants to change it to “ mute “ .
on my next “good morning” post , I’m going to leave all the I phone alterations in place and see what sort of sense it makes in trying to be so clever and predict what is going on in my warped brain . See how it likes that , being shown up for all the world to see . Ha ha . Got to go , wife has just said bacon and eggs don’t cook themselves , don’t think she was intimating that she expects me to do it ! Surely not ! She knows me better than that .
even the I phone knows me better than that .
stay safe everyone , don’t let the virus have a chance . Treat it like a gooner . It has no place in our our lives .
That’s a joke by the way , even gooners have a use .
thats another joke . !!!!!!!!

Cloudy but warm up here...test match under way...usual collapse going on...fish and chips lunch day with the last of my red wine is about the highlight of the day...I’ve finished all the Montalbano back catalogue which leaves a gap in my tv watching...it was such a great series...it was like having a mini holiday every day with the beautiful scenery and women to watch, and the stories were quite good too....

golf comp tomorrow which should be fun...stay safe guys..

Partly sunny up here...off to golf which will keep me occupied up until kick off and then thar should complete a perfect day what with my latest swing, honed in the lounge and knowing I can always count on Spurs to do the right thing....I am also somewhat delusional, but hey, upwards and onwards lads...be good and if you can’t be careful as me mum used to say.

I prmised not to mention golf again, but I will for this last time; Friday saw my eldest take up the clubs again in 7-8 years; I used to teach/play with her, infuriatingly she is a natural and is a very good player.

Her first game back, (she played with her boss), she came back with stories of amazing shots and actually beat him (he's not happy), and she has well and truly re-caught the bug now.

She has booked some lessons with a female pro who plays the ladies circuit, she had the first one yesterday who blew smoke up her backside and told her she was good enough to play professional, she has booked a series of 10 lessons with her, which made me roar with laughter! She was offended but I had to say, I think she just did a number on you...

She is angry with me now and yesterday told me she will be playing at level par by the end of the year - which is exactly the reaction I expected!

She is good enough if she's focused so now we've had a bet on it and I suspect it may well severely cost me.

I'm actually so pleased, she stopped playing when her Mum got seriously ill and this is the first time she's gone back to it.

I think today with a good roasting of Palace, all will be right with the World!

Good morning all , last day of a very very weird season . Can’t really remember how it all started .
It seems to have been three seasons all joined into one.
Poured down here yesterday so I busied myself indoors , I phone just said I buried myself , !
Turns out I’ve got about twenty bottles of deodorant, more shower gels than I could ever get through , and enough shaving gel for a gorillas back sack and crack x six . Where does it all come from . I can only assume they are all Christmas presents from people who think I need them . I’ve even got beard oil , I’ve never ever had a beard . Ha ha .
talking of beards , does anyone on here have one and how do you get on wearing a mask ?
We went out to a garden centre on Friday so had to wear a Lone Ranger outfit .( Greavesie , do you still wear your frogmans suit ?) ,I’ve trained myself not to touch my face whenever I’ve been out since lockdown but I found myself constantly touching my face with a mask on . It made my glasses steam up and I had to keep re arranging the mask which isn’t a good scenario. Pain in the posterior.
I see Spain is going through a bit of trouble again and people out there will have to go in quarantine. Yeah , that’s going to happen . That’s where our second bash is going to come from . That’s the reason I haven’t been back to the pub . I go to the pub , have a lovely beer or three , give the world my details and some loon goes in with the symptoms and I (We) have to shut up shop for a fortnight . Thank you very much .
Anyhow , hope you all stay safe and come home with your balls intact , have a lovely dinner appropriate to the correct day , don’t get frightened by Greek monsters , have fun watching the birdies , and I hope we are all celebrating Qualification to the outer Siberian European travel club .
don’t get complacent

For what it's worth very shortly (within 2 months) there will be everyday masks available that kill 99% of virus's - not cheap, but a game-changer - the material it is made of will also be available for making washable PPE, which will change and derisk the work for all front line staff. It's been achieved by an Israeli company, but a German company is set to announce its version of it soon.

Along with the anti-viral gels (clean once per week/month) of surfaces and 'normality' and the killing off of the virus will soon be upon us - worse case, probably 12 months as production gets ramped up.