Good Morning Thread | Page 103 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Good Morning Everybody.

If you do not want Spurs to qualify for the Europa League, the below summary may brighten up your day. If like me you want to see us qualify, sorry to put a bit of a dampener on the start of your day.
- We beat Palace over the weekend, but Chelsea who have already qualified for the CL by beating Liverpool in mid week, lose their final game against Wolves.
- Wolves finish sixth, us seventh, with Europa qualification for both at that stage.
- A highly motivated Arsenal beat a less motivated Chelsea in the FA Cup Final, and steal our Europa League place.
This is a scenario from hell, whichever way you look at it the outcome of our season is as much dependent on Chelsea as ourselves. We desperately need Liverpool to beat Chelsea midweek, to ensure that Chelsea are playing for their CL place against Wolves.
Takes me back to Hazard's 'as long as we can f--k up Spurs' attitude in Leicester's title winning year. If Chelsea qualify for the CL in Lampard's first season, and are then instrumental in Spurs, Jose and all, not qualifying for Europe, I reckon that they would find that as satisfying as winning the FA Cup.
The fact that Arsenal would be the primary beneficiaries on two counts would make it even more distressing.
I'm playing golf today, a game that is very difficult to play if your head is cluttered. If I don't make 34 Stableford points, which I consider a benchmark, I'll have an excuse, but won't know whether to blame Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal!

Good Morning Everybody.

If you do not want Spurs to qualify for the Europa League, the below summary may brighten up your day. If like me you want to see us qualify, sorry to put a bit of a dampener on the start of your day.
- We beat Palace over the weekend, but Chelsea who have already qualified for the CL by beating Liverpool in mid week, lose their final game against Wolves.
- Wolves finish sixth, us seventh, with Europa qualification for both at that stage.
- A highly motivated Arsenal beat a less motivated Chelsea in the FA Cup Final, and steal our Europa League place.
This is a scenario from hell, whichever way you look at it the outcome of our season is as much dependent on Chelsea as ourselves. We desperately need Liverpool to beat Chelsea midweek, to ensure that Chelsea are playing for their CL place against Wolves.
Takes me back to Hazard's 'as long as we can f--k up Spurs' attitude in Leicester's title winning year. If Chelsea qualify for the CL in Lampard's first season, and are then instrumental in Spurs, Jose and all, not qualifying for Europe, I reckon that they would find that as satisfying as winning the FA Cup.
The fact that Arsenal would be the primary beneficiaries on two counts would make it even more distressing.
I'm playing golf today, a game that is very difficult to play if your head is cluttered. If I don't make 34 Stableford points, which I consider a benchmark, I'll have an excuse, but won't know whether to blame Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal!
It’s only a game Smithy....golf is is more important than that...wasn’t that what a famous Liverpool manager once said?

Good Morning Everybody.

Thanks for that mate . What a way to end the season , wanting the chavs and the bindippers to do well in different games . As for the goons ..........what could go wrong !

Good morning all , bright and sunny again. Good day at the test match , did anyone see Ben Stokes fielding off of his own bowling , chased the ball to the boundary to prevent the four . I couldn’t believe he didn’t get back to the stumps to catch his own throw ! Useless that bloke .
not sure what we have planned today , didn’t go out shopping yesterday so I went to the allotment , harvesting ... bringing home the bacon so to speak . Gooseberries,blackberries, raspberries, courgettes, plums and runner beans in my bag yesterday . Gawd knows what my wife will make with that lot . I’m sure it will magically appear in front of me soon .
Not looking forward to going to the hospital .
hope you are all well , golf is doing good, keeping hiding and seeking to a minimum , cars are poodling along nicely , arms are healing , birds are swooping and tubs are bubbling .
take care everyone , viruses don’t avoid themselves you know .

Great England win and a not so but just as welcome win in my golf match - came back from three down on the front nine to win 3and2, I was happy as we played #20 a hole (his suggestion).

A fabulous sunny day was an added bonus, you'd almost believe that life was normal - which it's far from it was concerned to find out a few weeks back that my nephew had caught it, but happily, he's blasted through it and is back to rude health as if it never happened.

Great England win and a not so but just as welcome win in my golf match - came back from three down on the front nine to win 3and2, I was happy as we played #20 a hole (his suggestion).

A fabulous sunny day was an added bonus, you'd almost believe that life was normal - which it's far from it was concerned to find out a few weeks back that my nephew had caught it, but happily, he's blasted through it and is back to rude health as if it never happened.
Good news EX re: your nephew.....our group in the Big Bucks weekly comp play for £1.50 a round....can’t compete at your level I’m afraid...had one of those beginners rounds this morning, but the sun was shining, the banter was brilliant and a beverage afterwards completed an excellent morning...

Good news EX re: your nephew.....our group in the Big Bucks weekly comp play for £1.50 a round....can’t compete at your level I’m afraid...had one of those beginners rounds this morning, but the sun was shining, the banter was brilliant and a beverage afterwards completed an excellent morning...

I really didn't play well on the front 9 and if I'd been keeping score would have had an absolute howler, he wasn't either but I was even worse, both of us upped our game on the back 9 and I have to say from nowhere my putter suddenly couldn't miss - some of the best putts I've holed in years, that broke him as I made two 20+ ft puts and 5 around 10-15 ft, it gutted him and I could see what it was doing to him :-)

I still have those beginner rounds as well and on those days wish I'd never picked up my clubs as I tend to get really angry with myself no matter how many times I tell myself it doesn't matter lol!

It is all about the banter and the beer though. I'm playing again on Wednesday afternoon in pairs match, won't have my mate with me of course so got to play a new partner in, suspect it might be a tad difficult for me.

I really didn't play well on the front 9 and if I'd been keeping score would have had an absolute howler, he wasn't either but I was even worse, both of us upped our game on the back 9 and I have to say from nowhere my putter suddenly couldn't miss - some of the best putts I've holed in years, that broke him as I made two 20+ ft puts and 5 around 10-15 ft, it gutted him and I could see what it was doing to him :-)

I still have those beginner rounds as well and on those days wish I'd never picked up my clubs as I tend to get really angry with myself no matter how many times I tell myself it doesn't matter lol!

It is all about the banter and the beer though. I'm playing again on Wednesday afternoon in pairs match, won't have my mate with me of course so got to play a new partner in, suspect it might be a tad difficult for me.
Hope the new guy has a compatible personality....life goes on but we never forget special people...maybe the newbie will create a new, all conquering partnership that your older friend would approve of.

Not counting the strokes on a bad first 9 sounds like it was approaching the big 50.

Not counting the strokes on a bad first 9 sounds like it was approaching the big 50.
Me and my mate used to play snooker on a Friday night , until
about a year ago . We never put the score up on the board , just played for the hell of it . We really enjoyed it . Three games of snooker from eight o clock , then on the lash in the local battle cruiser . They have turned the snooker hall into a gym now . Don’t think it has the same appeal anymore !

Good morning all , lovely bright start to the day .
isn’t it a great feeling that no matter how much we have moaned about our season and the way we have played , and wailed about defeats to Sheffield United , how poor we were against Bournemouth etc , that we have still finished above those goons . How bad must they have been . !
Not looking forward to today at the hospital, with my wife having unimaginable things done to her . She has been just great about it all outwardly , it does help but I know she is scared about today . She hasn’t said so but I can tell . Anyway , it’s a big step in the right direction.
Hope everyone is ok . Keep safe all. Go straight down the middle wherever you are , shops or golf course or computer buying . It will all be so different next year if we all don’t get complacent this year .
Aurier to score against palace ! Ha ha then Smithy compounds it by saying it will be Sissoko! ........Brilliant . Keep safe , gotta laugh !

isn’t it a great feeling that no matter how much we have moaned about our season and the way we have played , and wailed about defeats to Sheffield United , how poor we were against Bournemouth etc , that we have still finished above those goons . How bad must they have been . !
Not looking forward to today at the hospital, with my wife having unimaginable things done to her . She has been just great about it all outwardly , it does help but I know she is scared about today . She hasn’t said so but I can tell . Anyway , it’s a big step in the right direction.
Hope everyone is ok . Keep safe all. Go straight down the middle wherever you are , shops or golf course or computer buying . It will all be so different next year if we all don’t get complacent this year .
Aurier to score against palace ! Ha ha then Smithy compounds it by saying it will be Sissoko! ........Brilliant . Keep safe , gotta laugh !
Good luck to you both today Walt...fingers crossed....just as well you have to wait in the car otherwise if they see you sitting around they might decide to give you a free service...no telling where those pipes might finish up!

I'm sure with you by her side she'll do just great.

Another golf day for me, then dinner with my girls, it will be a good day.

Keep safe, and stay safe.

Everything of the best to you both Walt.

It’s a heady 50F here but the sun is just making an appearance and it could get to 65F later...I temember being in your part of the USA in summer on a business trip once and having an afternoon off we decided to play golf...the guy in reception wanted us to hire a buggy but we refused “We’re British...we always walk”...well after 3 holes we understood why a buggy was essential and coupled with a warning from another group of golfers not to go searching for our balls in the woods because of Cottonmouth snakes it all made for a memorable learning experience...we gave up after 9 holes and losing a few pounds in sweat.

Another golf day today here, just a friendly round and maybe a pint afterwards depending on the mood of the anti-social brothers....

Stay safe everyone...the vaccine is coming but it ain’t here yet...

Bunch of pussies. Queenslanders insist on walking 18 holes in winter which is normally around 75-82F. Plenty of snakes and crocs to make life interesting. There's actually a golf course about 10 mins from me that is full of bull sharks in the waterways. You can actually see them as they come up to the grassy bank.

Come summer, golf carts are a must. Intense humidity and 100F++ temps really challenge your mental and physical strength on the course.

Hoping everyone is well.

Thoughts are with you Walt and your beautiful wife. She's a fortunate lady to have you as a tower of strength.

Dull cold day in Brisbane and a "rain event" on its way over the next few days, which is very strange for winter. Normally dry warm with blue skies. Summer brings rain, heat and storms.

484 new cases of CV in Victoria overnight, with mandatory face masks from today. $200 fine for non compliance. They are just out of control and the last thing we need is it creeping in back up here in Queensland The fuckers have been hiding in the boots of cars and lying about their credentials etc trying to get into Queensland.
NSW has "hot spots" emerging as the CV raises its ugly head again down there. This is after we all but wiped it out Australia wide.
Queensland have had zero new cases and only one active case for weeks now. However one new case overnight, with a returning soldier from overseas testing positive, but he's in mandatory isolation so we;re all safe.

The Queensland economy is just starting to get back on its feet, including my wife's business. Hotels and resorts are at 70-80% capacity which is brilliant given that none of these are overseas visitors, as our national borders are closed.

Stay safe, happy and consider others.

Good morning all .
cant thank you all enough for your kind words yesterday, we have a wonderful tiny community on here . It means so much . Thank you.
it all went really well at the hospital, everything was regimented and very clean , punctual and painless , my wife said . It was horrible leaving her at the entrance doors and seeing her walk in on her own. She has the worse sense of direction of anyone I have ever known . When we are /were ! on holiday , she will turn the wrong way out of the hotel door every time if I let her . That could be three or four times a day for two weeks . I darent let her loose in the airport , she would be like Tom Hanks and end up living there , never being found again! I would have a very quiet holiday though!
Anyhow , miracle of miracles , she found the correct department , on time as well , she could have ended up anywhere !
Her procedure went very well and the radiologist gave her very encouraging feedback but said the surgeon would have to do his examination of the x rays as well . Time to wait now . won’t be easy, but no one said it was a disco man !
while I was sitting in the car waiting , it was stifling hot and I had all the windows open and of course a fly got in , I had the thought that, given the disgusting , repulsive things that attract flies , what sort of stuff is fly repellent made of ? What could be that bad that even flies don’t like it ? !!! Things like worry me ! Ha ha .
Any how ,much much appreciation yet again to the wonderful health service , they truly are brilliant people . They don’t have to do what they do , they could be doing anything else , ball finders , laptop sellers ,cream cake makers , but they choose to do what they do for the benefit of others , and we , my wife and I , will be eternally grateful ,
Stay safe everyone , better times are on the way . Make sure you are here to enjoy them .,:tophat:
Don’t play golf in ‘KIn Australia! That’s seriously dodgy . No wonder they have such world class golfers , you couldn’t afford not to be could you . Out there you are either good at golf or good for somethings lunch . !

Last edited:
Hoping everyone is well.

Thoughts are with you Walt and your beautiful wife. She's a fortunate lady to have you as a tower of strength.

Dull cold day in Brisbane and a "rain event" on its way over the next few days, which is very strange for winter. Normally dry warm with blue skies. Summer brings rain, heat and storms.

484 new cases of CV in Victoria overnight, with mandatory face masks from today. $200 fine for non compliance. They are just out of control and the last thing we need is it creeping in back up here in Queensland The fuckers have been hiding in the boots of cars and lying about their credentials etc trying to get into Queensland.
NSW has "hot spots" emerging as the CV raises its ugly head again down there. This is after we all but wiped it out Australia wide.
Queensland have had zero new cases and only one active case for weeks now. However one new case overnight, with a returning soldier from overseas testing positive, but he's in mandatory isolation so we;re all safe.

The Queensland economy is just starting to get back on its feet, including my wife's business. Hotels and resorts are at 70-80% capacity which is brilliant given that none of these are overseas visitors, as our national borders are closed.

Stay safe, happy and consider others.
Great to hear about your wife’s business Hod . Well done to her and you .
Stay safe , don’t play golf ! What is safe to do where you are ! ? Ha ha . You even have dodgy spiders hiding under the toilet seat , I hear . Sod that !
I love it that we are a worldwide community,

Good Morning Everybody. Really good to hear that everything seemed to go well for you and your wife yesterday Walt, hopefully the x ray examinations will bring more positive news.
A much better day today here, and not only because our weather is warming up considerably, with a mid winter peak daytime temperature of 28C expected tomorrow, a good day for bad golf.
At least after last nights matches our season's outcome should not be controlled by Chelsea any longer. A draw for them against Wolves on Sunday will necessitate us beating Palace to finish sixth, but they will need to lose to both Wolves on Sunday and Arsenal in the Cup Final,. thereby missing out on both CL qualification and the FA Cup, in order to prevent European football for us next season, provided we beat Palace. Even by Chelsea standards that is a bit of a stretch in order to stitch Spurs up.
So after Aurier and Winks have given us a two goal lead this coming Sunday, only for Palace to level, Moussa's late winner for us will in all probability see us finish sixth, better than we could reasonably have hoped for for most of this season.
A season of rebuilding the squad, giving youngsters an opportunity to develop against second tier European competition, and winning a European trophy will be adequate compensation for a season without CL football.

Last edited:
Morning all, good to see everyone in good spirits. Afraid my match didn't end well, my new partner is now my new ex-partner, we didn't dovetail and he missed so many short easy putts when he could have made a difference.

Anyway, went down by 4 on the first four holes, but we were all square by the ninth, sadly the back 9 went the same way and although I can comfort myself with the fact they made three birdies in a row (bandits), we couldn't turn it around and lost by 2and1..but the weather was glorious for golf and it was a good afternoon.

That's it, I shall leave all the golf stories now as I can't compete with sharks!

Hope you guys are all in good shape.

The news that the UK now has a much more highly contagious mutation of the virus is bad news, especially as I see more and more not even bothering to socially distance or wear a mask. Tomorrow is d-day for masks here, I wonder if I was right and that most will step up and wear them whilst in a shop?

Keep safe, keep smart, this isn't over yet.