Going to Leeds? ..... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Going to Leeds? .....

Leeds will beat us today, no matter what team we put out, that's the reality of the situation. Little point in wasting energy and risking injury to key players when we have a more winnable fixture in a few days time. Start to think with your head and take emotion out of it. It's nothing to do with fight, you choose your battles accordingly to win the war.

To paraphrase Billy Joel ............... You may be right, I may be a Happy Clapper ............ but I reckon after the boost from Sunday, and the inspiration they'll get from young Joseph Kendrick and young Alfie Lund, we might just scrape a point or three.

Haven't you previously criticised the Manager for going into games without an aim to win them?

Get into 'em Wiggin.

To paraphrase Billy Joel ............... You may be right, I may be a Happy Clapper ............ but I reckon after the boost from Sunday, and the inspiration they'll get from young Joseph Kendrick and young Alfie Lund, we might just scrape a point or three.

Haven't you previously criticised the Manager for going into games without an aim to win them?

Get into 'em Wiggin.

We're now in a four game competition. Given their league position and our away form the reality is we're very unlikely to get anything from the game. The manager needs to use his resources effectively to maximise our chances of prevailing over these four games. Risking key players in what will likely be a lost cause today isn't sensible. However keeping them fresh, injury and suspension free for a more winnable battle on Monday is the more sensible decision to take. It may not be palatable but the bigger picture is of greater importance here.

If Sheffield win the pressure will be on Leeds in front of an expectant home crowd. Not detecting much bullishness from the natives yet, in fact they seem a bit nervous. Come on Wigan!

Leeds will beat us today, no matter what team we put out, that's the reality of the situation. Little point in wasting energy and risking injury to key players when we have a more winnable fixture in a few days time. Start to think with your head and take emotion out of it. It's nothing to do with fight, you choose your battles accordingly to win the war.
Not for me MiW.
Our club should go i to every game no matter if we are playing Barca or Barnet trying to win and if thats not possible giving everything.
It's the main reason I've been so hacked off with Cook this season

Not for me MiW.
Our club should go i to every game no matter if we are playing Barca or Barnet trying to win and if thats not possible giving everything.
It's the main reason I've been so hacked off with Cook this season

I don't disagree with the sentiment. However given the stage of the season and what is at stake im taking the pragmatic approach that sacrificing one battle we're likely to lose anyway is necessary to win the war.

Reading get a point Millwall 1 all at h/t but Brentford down to 10 - come on Swansea FFS
Oh and the tics :oops:

I really dislike relying on other teams, but we have no choice. Sheffield United are going second so that's hopefully going to make Leeds more nervy. Or more determind! I'm too old for this !!!!

I don't disagree with the sentiment. However given the stage of the season and what is at stake im taking the pragmatic approach that sacrificing one battle we're likely to lose anyway is necessary to win the war.

I remember years ago Bolton were in a relegation battle with us but in UEFA cup mid week prior to playing us. In the quarter finals i think but they played the reserves in Europe to save everyone for for us and ended up losing both games so they sacrificed a big game for nothing.

We could easily end up dping the same. I say go for 6 points in 6 rather than give up 3 to hope to get 3.

I remember years ago Bolton were in a relegation battle with us but in UEFA cup mid week prior to playing us. In the quarter finals i think but they played the reserves in Europe to save everyone for for us and ended up losing both games so they sacrificed a big game for nothing.

We could easily end up dping the same. I say go for 6 points in 6 rather than give up 3 to hope to get 3.

If we were decent on the road I'd say fair enough. However we aren't, we are atrocious and the outcome is inevitable. Anyway it's just one change from Sunday so let's see how it pans out. To be honest I've more interest in the Rotherham fixture today than ours.

If we were decent on the road I'd say fair enough. However we aren't, we are atrocious and the outcome is inevitable. Anyway it's just one change from Sunday so let's see how it pans out. To be honest I've more interest in the Rotherham fixture today than ours.

I think there is a very good argument for that but i think that if we apply ourselves like we did against Norwich an upset is possible - unlikely but possible. We thought Wimbledon at our place last year for the title would be lambs to the slaughter but they got a draw lets hope today we can be party crashers.

WALTON SAVES A PEN!

Kipre sent off for goal line clearance with the hand. Very harsh decision against us. Kipre made no deliberate move to stop the ball with his arm.

Bamford scores shortly after... Dunkley lost his feet in the box and Bamford had just enough space to produce a quality finish from the right.

Not another mistake from Dunkley!,,,how many goals (and points) has he cost us this season........a league 1 defender at best.