Glastonbury | Page 3 | Vital Football

Glastonbury

Listening to a lot of old stuff recently actually. It's like I've had and listened to my favourite bands for last 10 year now that there arent that many quality new bands coming out I've gone right back to the 60s 70s and 80s to hear new music for me

Would of laughed off a lot of older bands a few year ago but I find I'm more broad minded with a bit of age.
INXS, the who, t-Rex , Bruce Springsteen, rem to name a few I've been listening to a bit recently

CockneyMagic - 30/6/2013 00:26

I have had a few sly ones myself M, and she gets worse as the night goes on , that grating voice , anyways I will remember who would and who called be a puff, ***** .

I reckon she would turn you Davy mate!
And dont worry about the voice, she is far too polite to speak with her mouth full.

Kenny fucking Rogers playing Glastonbury that sums up what a circus it has become. I went in 84 before it was bastardised by the corporations, one stage and you slept in the hedge.

It's a sign of age Brucie. There will be tens of thousands having the time of there lives and in years to come saying it wasn't like that in my day. Just accept your an old codger Brucie mate

I am a middle aged codger SJP who finds it sad that the big corporations now dominate anything and everything that was associated with the culture of my younger days, we now have kids who all look the same thankfully in my day their was diversity.

Bruce68 - 30/6/2013 21:00

I am a middle aged codger SJP who finds it sad that the big corporations now dominate anything and everything that was associated with the culture of my younger days, we now have kids who all look the same thankfully in my day their was diversity.

I'm sure there's still life left in you Brucie mate!
Interesting comment about the kids all being the same.
Kids generally like to conform with their peers, but arguably this generation of kids are more diverse than ever. They are certainly exposed to multiculturism than in my day. Closest we got to it was a ginger playing for the toon not someone from abroad lol

As John Lydon said, I hate the coporate machine the Stones have become, but I love The Stones.

Says it all really. I always fancied Glastonbury but the swathes of shitcunt wannabes with their Next 'Rolling Stones' T shirts and hunter wellies, all queuing for £8 burgers and parading round with shit drugs and shouting 'fuck the man' puts me off.
Id have loved to be a hippy in the 60's at the festivals, but today 'Glasto Festi' is just full of ***** with shit acts for novelty value.

Nothing new has happened in the music scene since the mid 80s in my view. It all happened in the 60s and 70s really. It can't be long before we get a recycled 90s revival, which was simply a revival itself in the day.

Mainstream festival scene destroyed by beer boys and middle class students, but there are some decent underground festivals if you look around.