General Football thread | Page 505 | Vital Football

General Football thread

They need to set a precedent to stop clubs appealing as well
Sounds like the perfect opportunity for us to be totally screwed over. Surely they should have set a precedent before we appealed? If we were aware that there was a good chance ofthe deduction being increased then I agree that we haven't helped ourselves.

We fooked up

We accepted we fooked up and admitted it

Could have had more points deducted

I was relieved we only got 4 points personally

And the reports of the tribunal showed we were incompetent

Simple as that
Did you actually read the report?

All of it?

Did you actually see where the "breach" came from and how the premier league acted?

Our own financial guy sent an email stating we were going to seriously fail FFP unless we did something to intervene

We did nothing

Once I read that I'm thinking game over

All the rest about the cartel and corruption has some legs probably but not for us to appeal

We are clutching at straws

And I personally wish we just put our heads down and won some fookin games

Instead of having to whine about something every week

Sounds like the perfect opportunity for us to be totally screwed over. Surely they should have set a precedent before we appealed? If we were aware that there was a good chance ofthe deduction being increased then I agree that we haven't helped ourselves.

Do you think our lawyer cares ?

As long as he's earning from it. He will have mentioned a risk but overall he just wants more easy money.

Same as Clattenburg. Neither actually care they just want paying

Same as the agent who gets money from players we sign who also happened to represent Nuno

They are all just moneygrabbers. Saying the right stuff to get paid

The club doesn't matter. They will all take money off the next club stupid enough to employ them

Last edited:
Did you actually read the report?

All of it?

Did you actually see where the "breach" came from and how the premier league acted?

Didn't need to. If our finance guy recognises we are in the shite if we don't do anything and we don't do anything then that's enough to me

All we've done is try to find excuses, loopholes or change the rules after the event

It's been a shite season overall and all I'm bothered about now is staying up and trying to forget about it all

Our own financial guy sent an email stating we were going to seriously fail FFP unless we did something to intervene

We did nothing

Once I read that I'm thinking game over

All the rest about the cartel and corruption has some legs probably but not for us to appeal

We are clutching at straws

And I personally wish we just put our heads down and won some fookin games

Instead of having to whine about something every week
I'll ask again

Did you read the report and do you actually understand where this "shortfall" came from?

Didn't need to. If our finance guy recognises we are in the shite if we don't do anything and we don't do anything then that's enough to me

All we've done is try to find excuses, loopholes or change the rules after the event

It's been a shite season overall and all I'm bothered about now is staying up and trying to forget about it all
So the answer is no then and you are talking rubbish without any actual knowledge at all.

If you can't be arsed to do a bit of reading then I can't be arsed to explain it to you.

All I will say is- you are wrong. You are wrong to take this puritan attitude towards it all and you are wrong to paint the Premier League as impartial arbiters.

This is why I mentioned JFK and LHO a while back.

The official version, believed by many people, is that Oswald killed Kennedy, and lots of circumstantial evidence appears to support that.

But scratch the surface (I just read a few books) and it's clear that the narrative was seized immediately and all awkward evidence suppressed or overruled (like the Dallas doctors who found a throat wound inflicted from the front). It looks far more like Oswald was framed.

The EPL's Forest narrative is that we overspent wildly after promotion, so deserve everything we get - yet the season which causes the problem is the promotion season, and that was fine till the EPL suddenly ruled otherwise.

They said we could only have 2 point something million for covid losses, while Everton claimed over 100 million for the same season - have I got that right?

The refs/VAR issue has been going on for months now, and is way beyond a joke. Is this unconnected, just bad luck, don't worry it'll even itself out over a season? It clearly hasn't this season.

Sorry, this isn't right.

This is why I mentioned JFK and LHO a while back.

The official version, believed by many people, is that Oswald killed Kennedy, and lots of circumstantial evidence appears to support that.

But scratch the surface (I just read a few books) and it's clear that the narrative was seized immediately and all awkward evidence suppressed or overruled (like the Dallas doctors who found a throat wound inflicted from the front). It looks far more like Oswald was framed.

The EPL's Forest narrative is that we overspent wildly after promotion, so deserve everything we get - yet the season which causes the problem is the promotion season, and that was fine till the EPL suddenly ruled otherwise.

They said we could only have 2 point something million for covid losses, while Everton claimed over 100 million for the same season - have I got that right?

The refs/VAR issue has been going on for months now, and is way beyond a joke. Is this unconnected, just bad luck, don't worry it'll even itself out over a season? It clearly hasn't this season.

Sorry, this isn't right.

Sorry this isn't right

Wont help us Pebble?

Not in the world we live in

Sorry this isn't right

Wont help us Pebble?

Not in the world we live in
I agree there are far worse things in the world than Forest's problems.

Just saying, it feels like the EPL have it in for us. No skin off my nose, I saw some of the glory years and if we go down I might be able to get a season ticket again.

So how come our financial guy said we are seriously going to fail FFP months before we did?

Answer that Popey?

You must have read it?
Why don't you do some bloody reading of your own and make your mind up from the source?

Most communications were apparently oral. Mr Bonser, the Finance Director at Forest, did produce some forecasts of its PSR position. The first was on 22 August 2022, the next was a week later and the next was on 29 September 2022. During this period, Forest was investing in players, so the PSR forecast was changing, but the last of these communications from Mr Bonser was forecasting a significant breach, absent intervention from the Club. These communications did not deter the Club from bringing further players in over the January 2023 transfer window (see paragraph 5.12 above).

So this "warning" was way back in September 22. We get no context here as to why he was forecasting a breach or under what assumptions he was working.

Certainly the projections submitted in December did not forecast a breach at all.

The club claimed £12.5m for COVID (PL clubs were allowed 100m) and they claimed to write off the £20m promotion bonuses. The EFL did not dispute these, and it was under their jurisdiction.

These projections, with these write offs, were submitted in December with a further update in March.

The Premier League sat on these accounts for SEVEN MONTHS and then suddenly on June 2nd said it would not allow either allowance, blowing a £33m hole in our projections. This just so happened to be at a time when they were investigating Everton and trying to stave off an independent regulator.

Now, had the PL told us they would not allow our write offs in December or January, that would be fair play; the club's January strategy could change and reasonable measures taken to fill the hole. Even if they informed us in, say, March, we could have sought a June buyer for Johnson.

But no, they waited until June 2nd with all players on holiday

Why don't you do some bloody reading of your own and make your mind up from the source?

Most communications were apparently oral. Mr Bonser, the Finance Director at Forest, did produce some forecasts of its PSR position. The first was on 22 August 2022, the next was a week later and the next was on 29 September 2022. During this period, Forest was investing in players, so the PSR forecast was changing, but the last of these communications from Mr Bonser was forecasting a significant breach, absent intervention from the Club. These communications did not deter the Club from bringing further players in over the January 2023 transfer window (see paragraph 5.12 above).

So this "warning" was way back in September 22. We get no context here as to why he was forecasting a breach or under what assumptions he was working.

Certainly the projections submitted in December did not forecast a breach at all.

The club claimed £12.5m for COVID (PL clubs were allowed 100m) and they claimed to write off the £20m promotion bonuses. The EFL did not dispute these, and it was under their jurisdiction.

These projections, with these write offs, were submitted in December with a further update in March.

The Premier League sat on these accounts for SEVEN MONTHS and then suddenly on June 2nd said it would not allow either allowance, blowing a £33m hole in our projections. This just so happened to be at a time when they were investigating Everton and trying to stave off an independent regulator.

Now, had the PL told us they would not allow our write offs in December or January, that would be fair play; the club's January strategy could change and reasonable measures taken to fill the hole. Even if they informed us in, say, March, we could have sought a June buyer for Johnson.

So did I imagine all those stories that our defence centred around the fact we deliberately delayed selling Brennan to get more money for him?

And why did we keep spending when we knew we had a problem?

We just kind of turned a blind eye and did our own thing.

And got punished as a result

We didn't even deny it

We just asked for leniency

And the tribunal thought they were being lenient just giving us 4 points. Some wanted to give us more I read

Sorry heard it all before

Also got told categorically on here we wouldn't get points deducted to start with

I was happy with 4 points compared to what I was expecting

And we only got that for co-operating to then challenge them

Bear in mind the one person with something GUARANTEED to gain from the challenge is our lawyer who will be delighted to be getting paid a fortune for a second time

And will have advised on whether we should appeal or not

We are more likely in my opinion to get points added than taken off

We stopped co-operation and went the opposite way

On top of that we've got Clattenburg having to mouth off every week to justify the money we are paying him

It's actually got worse with him on board

All of them running around like headless chickens

BC will be turning in his grave if he can see the circus we've created
Appealing doesn’t have anything to do with cooperation

Otherwise it would stop teams appealing and that’s not legal

So did I imagine all those stories that our defence centred around the fact we deliberately delayed selling Brennan to get more money for him?

And why did we keep spending when we knew we had a problem?

We just kind of turned a blind eye and did our own thing.

And got punished as a result

We didn't even deny it

We just asked for leniency

And the tribunal thought they were being lenient just giving us 4 points. Some wanted to give us more I read
You aren't listening and you arent bothering to read either, so just forget about it.

You enjoy your self flagellation, you are great at it

Brothers-of-the-Cross-Flagellants-Black-Death.jpg

Clearly our ability to throw away points like confetti has cost us dearly.

Still doesn't alter the fact that we've been given just one penalty all season, and that was VAR telling the ref to have another look after he'd turned it down (after giving Brighton an equally soft penalty at the other end).

A string of decisions against us ranging from poor to atrocious, over several months, has cost us enough points to be in serious danger of relegation. Injuries to Awoniyi, Elanga and Boly haven't helped, but every club has injuries.

I don't agree that we've 'been shit all season'.

just most of it.