General Football thread | Page 464 | Vital Football

General Football thread

There is really no point at all in the PL. As you say PSR for us, exists to sell our best players every year. What kind of league or process is that FFS??

I say we keep our players if we stay up and add more to strengthen. Fuck the PL and any points deductions. Keep building, appeal any penalties take legal action and really become the club that forces these corrupt arseholes into making football an even playing filed

So fucking sick of this. Johnson last year, Murillo or MGW this year, the other next year and so on

We have to do something
It's a joke

We only spent £140m. In premier league terms that's really not all that.

And yet the suggestion is that it's going to unravel three seasons

There is really no point at all in the PL. As you say PSR for us, exists to sell our best players every year. What kind of league or process is that FFS??

I say we keep our players if we stay up and add more to strengthen. Fuck the PL and any points deductions. Keep building, appeal any penalties take legal action and really become the club that forces these corrupt arseholes into making football an even playing filed

So fucking sick of this. Johnson last year, Murillo or MGW this year, the other next year and so on

We have to do something

More of this spirit needed all round.

Same goes for Villa, Leics, Everton, Newcastle etc. Whether it's a tilt at survival, mid-table, or a CL spot, competition is meaningless without something to aim for.

If a club has a plan to increase revenue streams to match their ambitious spending, and the owner has deep pockets, let them do it.

I know there's a sensible counter argument around clubs failing at this (pompey etc) but the alternative is much worse; nobody has a go and the game is dead.

£1400M? I have read in media that we have spent £200m and in one case £300m. I keep. Reading about Everton having a larger points penalty than us but they havn’t had the hearing for 22/23. I keep hearing about how much we over spent yet hear little about the fact we spent less over last three years than any other club. I hear little about how the plans were knocked back by the PL whilst accepted by EFL. I hear nothing about how all the premier league clubs could write off £100m for covid yet Forest only £2.5M.

When is someone. Going to write in the media from a Forest perspective. Come on Athletic. The Taylor’s. Percy. NEP. Every day we get ex Everton players, CEO’s, Politicians, celebs and Uncle Tom coming up with gumph.

£1400M? I have read in media that we have spent £200m and in one case £300m. I keep. Reading about Everton having a larger points penalty than us but they havn’t had the hearing for 22/23. I keep hearing about how much we over spent yet hear little about the fact we spent less over last three years than any other club. I hear little about how the plans were knocked back by the PL whilst accepted by EFL. I hear nothing about how all the premier league clubs could write off £100m for covid yet Forest only £2.5M.

When is someone. Going to write in the media from a Forest perspective. Come on Athletic. The Taylor’s. Percy. NEP. Every day we get ex Everton players, CEO’s, Politicians, celebs and Uncle Tom coming up with gumph.
I want to hear EM come out with a statement telling the PL he’s not going away and he’s going to invest further in our team to match his ambitions, while not selling from our squad

I want the statement to read that he’s not complying with unfit and unfair PSR rules and they are effectively cheating to ensure that the current top 6 remain the top 6 (baring the occasional fluke)

Leicester and Forest appear to have lost any faith or trust in PL. why don’t Forest sell Worrall to Leicester for £100m and Leicester sell someone like Souter to Forest for £100m. Both on four year contracts so amortised to £25m a year both have £75m in ffp bank at start of season but in practice have spent £0. Next season finances solved. All that is lost is good faith and that has gone already.

Leicester and Forest appear to have lost any faith or trust in PL. why don’t Forest sell Worrall to Leicester for £100m and Leicester sell someone like Souter to Forest for £100m. Both on four year contracts so amortised to £25m a year both have £75m in ffp bank at start of season but in practice have spent £0. Next season finances solved. All that is lost is good faith and that has gone already.
Because Brentford will complain again and the PL will reject the accounting. Probably as late as possible.

We can't upset the saints at Brentford

We have to do something
Makes you wonder what's the actual point in being in the Premier League ?
We can make more money but we're not really allowed to use it.
Have to sacrifice our best players ongoing when we're trying to improve and compete.
It's ludicrous.