General Football thread | Page 463 | Vital Football

General Football thread

As a back up striker/squad option he'd be mustard for one of the top half prem teams. If you weren't needing him to play the majority of games you'd think he could be managed much more carefully. The thing I still can't wrap my head around - why the hell did Nuno play him for ~100 minutes against Man Utd in the cup?!

Murillo is probably our best bet to sell. He's turned a few heads and we could probably cover our arse for 2 seasons with the fee.

No idea who will partner Omobamidele next season though. We've gone from having about 8 CHs to probably not enough next season.

I actually said last week that I was kind of looking forward to this international break for once as it would mean that I could have a weekend off of Forest ruining my weekend. It seems I was wrong this international break is turning out to be just as weekend ruining through the sheer tedium of it all, and we've already had Boly gone off injured in his match & time for others to get injured yet.
I really dislike international breaks in general, and they've got no business having one at this stage of the season when players are tiring anyway putting them at more risk of injury at a critical time of season

Full strength England would score and concede plenty against Brazil. Would be an entertaining game.

Quite encouraged until the subs got too deep and we lost control. They were surprisingly dirty and had no answer to Bellingham.

Chilwell was comically bad and Dunk gifted them their goal. Maguire was doing Maguire things.

All of a sudden all of our players are being circled by all of the teams in the prem. It's either cheap lines for click bait, or players agents have kicked into overdrive.

Reports this morning that Arsenal are interested in MGW. Smith Wright and £60m might do it. MGW cost £40mish but two years of that has Been written off. That’s over £20m to help shortfall plus replacement. Question is will they make a realistic offer before June ends. They did with Rice last year.

I think a lot will depend on what division we are in and what happens with some of our peripheral players.

It's shit like this that makes me think we should leave the top 6 to it or just wrap up altogether.

Yes we are a selling club but PL rules are designed to relegate the smaller clubs to being feeder clubs in perpetuity.

I know it's just rumours for now but clubs are expected to asset strip every summer to ensure nobody challenges Sky's big 6.

Fuck ffp and P&S until the playing field is levelled somewhat in a fairer system. We are supposed to be the 92, not 6.

The allowable losses haven't been linked to inflation either. I'm sure I heard Keiran Maguire saying that if allowable losses had followed inflation since they were first set, Forest would not have breached. It's effectively being made harder and harder year on year for promoted clubs to do anything.

Yep it's pissing me off already. Clubs acting like vultures as if we are on our last legs and they can pick over the scraps. Errr no we are quite alright apart from the cause of an arbitrary deadline which reduces our asset value of a sale being enforced on us.

Meanwhile a player from the "city group" comes on for Brazil last night who is ripping up la liga for Girona, apparently to become part of the man city squad next season. I'd imagine the transfer fee between Girona and Man City will be completely market value for a young Brazilian international.

The allowable losses haven't been linked to inflation either. I'm sure I heard Keiran Maguire saying that if allowable losses had followed inflation since they were first set, Forest would not have breached. It's effectively being made harder and harder year on year for promoted clubs to do anything.
He said it would now be substantially over £200m

It's shit like this that makes me think we should leave the top 6 to it or just wrap up altogether.

Yes we are a selling club but PL rules are designed to relegate the smaller clubs to being feeder clubs in perpetuity.

I know it's just rumours for now but clubs are expected to asset strip every summer to ensure nobody challenges Sky's big 6.

Fuck ffp and P&S until the playing field is levelled somewhat in a fairer system. We are supposed to be the 92, not 6.
There is really no point at all in the PL. As you say PSR for us, exists to sell our best players every year. What kind of league or process is that FFS??

I say we keep our players if we stay up and add more to strengthen. Fuck the PL and any points deductions. Keep building, appeal any penalties take legal action and really become the club that forces these corrupt arseholes into making football an even playing filed

So fucking sick of this. Johnson last year, Murillo or MGW this year, the other next year and so on

We have to do something