General Football thread | Page 150 | Vital Football

General Football thread

It’s going to be hilarious watching them get relegated.
There is one quote in there that had me roaring.

They were slating our spending, yet the next comment was, "I think our squad is perfectly fine to survive in the Prem, maybe a right winger needed"?
Deluded and the arrogance is off the scale.

There is one quote in there that had me roaring.

They were slating our spending, yet the next comment was, "I think our squad is perfectly fine to survive in the Prem, maybe a right winger needed"?
Deluded and the arrogance is off the scale.
I think they forget how much they have spent on some of their players and how much they had to throw at it in January. They are paying for that now and it will be interesting to see how much they are able to spend. Either way I would and have put money on us finishing above them this season.

Must say im looking forward to beating them again
I never had a problem with Bournemouth I always admired such a small club holding their own in the Premier league and I had a lot of respect for EH their manager (would have loved him at Forest once upon a time). However, since reading their fans comments about us on here this season they are now on my shit list. Taking 6 points off them next season will be very satisfying to say the least. Also when they refused our offer of playing the postponed Friday night game on the Saturday showed their true colours. I'm not a fan at all.

Worth pointing out to these bitter little seagull munchers that nufc have sold out in 2 hrs. They know nffc will give them a game and beating us means something.

Without even looking i know away tickets will be sold out.

Wonder if the same will happen when they go? Prem teams expect to beat them and when they do there is little pride since they dont matter.

Cant resist passing on this story. Tonight Man U play Liverpool in a meaningless practice match in Bangkok.
Ticket prices, get this, started at almost £200 and up to almost £500! The stadium can accommodate around 30,000, but in fact, although they expected to sell out, there are around 20,000 unsold tickets.
So what do they do? Yes, reduce tickets yesterday and today by 50%, still expensive of course.
Now, as you can imagine, the 10,000 who payed full price are going apeshit demanding partial refunds, which wont be given!
Greedy Liverpool. Greedy Man U. Greedy local promoter, well done, its all gone to shit over a completely meaningless practice match!!!
Oh. Theres a postscript. Mardyarse Ronaldo refused to make the trip to Thailand, so now another bunch of disaffected Man U fans are also pissed off at the non appearance of their "hero".
Its all very very funny!!!

Went to a World Cup warm up match in 2010 between Tanzania and Brazil.

The Tanzanian FA had borrowed something like £3m to pay Brazil's match fee.

Then the stadium was half empty because they got the ticket pricing wrong despite having the potential to fill the national stadium several times over and had to get a government bail out to pay back the loan lol.

i like lewis, he'd have done well under cooper, he was one of the bright spots under Davis for me despite it not being his style of football
In fairness he was very honest. Whatever happened in the background and whatever the truth is/was he was a player with a lot of ability who didn’t make the most of it.

I like the fact that he is getting into coaching and hopefully helping a new generation to avoid the pitfalls that took him down.

In fairness he was very honest. Whatever happened in the background and whatever the truth is/was he was a player with a lot of ability who didn’t make the most of it.

I like the fact that he is getting into coaching and hopefully helping a new generation to avoid the pitfalls that took him down.
Seen it time and time again, players with loads of natural talent but lacking the mental discipline to go with it. He also was very arrogant and regularly failed to give 100% in training because he felt he didnt need to.

Seen it time and time again, players with loads of natural talent but lacking the mental discipline to go with it. He also was very arrogant and regularly failed to give 100% in training because he felt he didnt need to.
thats one way of looking at it, i never liked davis but he didnt suffer fools and mcgugan was integral to him. Some of the other managers saw him like hughton saw BJ and messed him about,it was understandable that he was fed up at times. at least bj got a season playing elsewhere. Nevertheless, didnt reach his potential and he wont be the last :)

That home game was beautiful.

An absolutely perfect example of counter attacking and controlling a game. They had all of the ball but we were completely on top and controlled everything they did with it
Was that the game where we didn't bother to stop crosses coming in, just packed the box and repelled them all? Great stuff.

looks like a ban on gambling companies (probabaly followed by other things) being advertised on the front of shirts is going to happen sooner rather than later. This is the last season Id say. Personally im all for it, Everton have a 10million quid a year deal so they might not be so pleased

Was that the game where we didn't bother to stop crosses coming in, just packed the box and repelled them all? Great stuff.
I think so. We let them cross it in but had runners ready to break forward every time the ball was cleared upfield. They didn’t have a clue how to deal with it.

? Belgian
According to Wikipedia, they are based in Brussels and play in a stadium located in a part of Brussels called FOREST. They also have "done a Forest", in that, like Nottingham Forest in 1977- 78, have topped the Belgian League the year after being promoted to the top division. I know who I want to win that tie........

Amusingly Burnley have just lost Ben Mee after already losing Tarkowski and Collins. With Pope gone and McNeil and Cornet looking like they are on their way it looks like the scale of their rebuild will rival ours.