General Football thread | Page 148 | Vital Football

General Football thread

On another note, to stop talking about how wank England are under Southgate, Australia beat Peru on penalties last night to qualify for the World Cup.

The Peruvian keeper, possibly inspired by Samba had the instructions for the penalties taped to his water bottle.

The Australian keeper noticed this so threw the Peruvian keeper's bottle into the stands!

PMSL.

JUst watching the Holland v England 1 day cricket, and they showed a picture of some of the spectators queueing for the bar, and there was a chap in a Forest shirt amongst them, nothing unusual in that of course except that the shirt had "Bong" on the back, surely it must have been the only one of those they sold. I had to rewind the picture several times to make sure I wasn't imagining it, surely even if you had paid top whack for the shirt you'd be too embarrassed to wear it

JUst watching the Holland v England 1 day cricket, and they showed a picture of some of the spectators queueing for the bar, and there was a chap in a Forest shirt amongst them, nothing unusual in that of course except that the shirt had "Bong" on the back, surely it must have been the only one of those they sold,
Or something else

JUst watching the Holland v England 1 day cricket, and they showed a picture of some of the spectators queueing for the bar, and there was a chap in a Forest shirt amongst them, nothing unusual in that of course except that the shirt had "Bong" on the back, surely it must have been the only one of those they sold. I had to rewind the picture several times to make sure I wasn't imagining it, surely even if you had paid top whack for the shirt you'd be too embarrassed to wear it
You're reading it wrong. He was the man who had the Bong and all herballists could come to him

Are they?

Why are they?

Whom are the superstars?

Who are the players that Bayern, Real, Barcelona, PSG are spending £100m+ because they are desperate to buy?

Not all of them even play for champions League teams; quite a few don't. One of the squad today is a championship player and Kalvon Phillips very nearly was.

You have Kane, who is one of the better England strikers ever.

Then what?

I don't see any individual player better than Beckham was, or Lampard or Gerrard. I don't see any defender better than Sol Campbell was- certainly not John fucking Stones.

What is so special about this team that people think it should have won something? I rather think this lot getting to a final is a fucking miracle

Well, this is it; the current side are just another iteration of the National side being elevated out of all proportion.

To win trophies at National level you need World class players and it is debatable if England have any.

I would gladly argue that Kane is top class, but the great and good among the support base do not rate him for some unexplainable reason.

There are three or four who may well become World class but they are not there yet.

The biggest problem the National team has, and there is no sign of things changing anytime soon, is the presence of a Donkey Sanctuary where the back four should be.

No one is more than aware of that than the incumbent manager.

He does a remarkable job in mitigating that problem, but even that draws criticism.

He was probably smoking one when he bought it, chap.

Well, this is it; the current side are just another iteration of the National side being elevated out of all proportion.

To win trophies at National level you need World class players and it is debatable if England have any.

I would gladly argue that Kane is top class, but the great and good among the support base do not rate him for some unexplainable reason.

There are three or four who may well become World class but they are not there yet.

The biggest problem the National team has, and there is no sign of things changing anytime soon, is the presence of a Donkey Sanctuary where the back four should be.

No one is more than aware of that than the incumbent manager.

He does a remarkable job in mitigating that problem, but even that draws criticism.

sterling has been one of the best players in the world for me for years I admit. kane is class British style striker but dissapointed at that level.
I suppose four or five pool n citeh players in there which by default makes them world class.

dont know half the players that have caps rhe last few years tho, kinda like confetti which is a shame and hasnt helped build an actual team.

I fancied bowen for forest a few years ago, thought he was ok, was at Hull? Never in a million years did I imagine him getting games for England, in fact id be dissapintedif we were trying tobuy him as a striker now :)