Games Behind Closed Doors. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Games Behind Closed Doors.

Prem and EFL games off until April 3rd, official!

One step closer to my prediction/ wishful thinking coming true with footy suspended till 3rd April, possibly longer - hopefully they go the whole hog , cancel the whole season with no league winners, no relegation or playoff places = No Liverpool league title or Leeds Utd promotion to the prem - happy days

One step closer to my prediction/ wishful thinking coming true with footy suspended till 3rd April, possibly longer - hopefully they go the whole hog , cancel the whole season with no league winners, no relegation or playoff places = No Liverpool league title or Leeds Utd promotion to the prem - happy days

The only fly in the ointment is Bolton not getting relegated.

Champions League and Europa games also suspended.

When are the remaining games gonna actually get played? There's no time to fit them in. What if the contagion is worse by the time the suspension date ends?

Champions League and Europa games also suspended.

When are the remaining games gonna actually get played? There's no time to fit them in. What if the contagion is worse by the time the suspension date ends?
Suspect the hope will be that all competitions are completed by the end of June, with the Euros rearranged for 2021. I also think the playoffs will be scrapped for this season with promotion decided by league positions. I doubt UEFA would let this happen (would lose too much money) but they could also switch the CL/EL ties to one legged matches.

I’d be very surprised if we’re back up and running by the start of April though.

From the info given by the top medical experts on yesterdays press major confrence from No.10 i think we will see the shut down extended beyond the start of April. We aren't even at the 'peak' yet and it's not expected to hit for a number of weeks, if games are stopped pre peak they wont start until after it has passed.

I'm thinking if we get past the peak mid May, we might see the pre Euro friendlies abandoned, season extended by a few weeks, and the remaining 9 fixtures played in rapid succession maybe even 3 a week with a schedule like Christmas / New year.

I dont think there is any way that the season doesn't get completed - one way or another it will happen, even if it's rushed through or delayed.

Realistically we could get Dowell, Pearce and Sterling back fully fit but Hull have a much lengthier injury list and this break will help them more than anyone.

Yeah the break comes at a bad time for us, just as we’d started to gain some proper momentum. Clubs like Hull and Charlton who were in big trouble now have the chance to refuel and reset. It’s gonna be an absolute dogfight when we start back up again and we need to be ready for it. A nine game mini season to stay up.

Unprecedented times. No option but to postpone. It’s difficult to see when games will recommence as clearly players/staff are getting affecting and will continue to do so beyond the start of April. Puts the behind closed doors argument to bed. Clubs will have legitimate grievances if they get told they have to re start when they have players affected yet games are off now because of that reason. The only fair option really is to start afresh in August with rules stipulating if players have it then it’ll be treated as they have any other form of illness which wouldn’t require game postponements.

If it did re start it’s a good point about it benefiting teams like hull who were in complete free fall. That momentum has now stopped and they can re group and get some bodies of the treatment table.

Unprecedented times. No option but to postpone. It’s difficult to see when games will recommence as clearly players/staff are getting affecting and will continue to do so beyond the start of April. Puts the behind closed doors argument to bed. Clubs will have legitimate grievances if they get told they have to re start when they have players affected yet games are off now because of that reason. The only fair option really is to start afresh in August with rules stipulating if players have it then it’ll be treated as they have any other form of illness which wouldn’t require game postponements.

If it did re start it’s a good point about it benefiting teams like hull who were in complete free fall. That momentum has now stopped and they can re group and get some bodies of the treatment table.

Why is it treated any different to any other potential illness, the savvy clubs will get their whole squad infected, quarantined and cured asap and then be back in training and hit the ground running as soon as fixtures resume.

I still believe the idea will be to isolate the playing squads etc. and start up behind closed doors in three to four weeks.

If the squads are isolated for two to three weeks they should be virus free and therefore no reason that they couldn't play behind closed door games.

Cannot see any chance of a resumption before July to be honest,The graph produced by the government showed the peak spread over May ,June and July and there is no way they can play during that!Odds on the season being voided are shortening all the time!!

Fuck that bro, what about my April Benidorm jaunt ?... I fear the worst.

Unfortunately for you Hindley, I have just been told that Spain is closing down the bars and restaurants in Benidorm.

Sorry mate it looks like the only place you'll be getting a "Cerveza" will be behind closed doors in your apartment.