Games Behind Closed Doors. | Page 4 | Vital Football

Games Behind Closed Doors.

All you young guys spare a thought for us pensioner fans who are at maximum risk we cant afford to lose anymore supporter's :bow::help:

Stay safe Zakky !

I'm advocating games resuming behind closed doors to minimise the risk to the general public but to retain some semblance of integrity in the competitions.

The season is over gents.

There's not a chance that the Covid-19 situation will be under control by the beginning of April. If anything, it's likely to be worse at that point.

I was in Norway this week for work, and on the TV there was a virologist who said in no uncertain terms that it'll be at least two months before it even peaks, let alone things getting back to normal. This isn't someone down the pub... The chap had more letters after his name than I have letters in my name.

Either way, that's no bad thing for us... We're out of the drop zone, so whether they amortise average points per game for remaining fixtures or just void the season, we'll have clung on by the skin of our teeth.

Personally I'd prefer them to void the season... We stay up and Liverpool don't get a title. Shame Bolton stay up, but I'll take that to keep the title out of the hands of the dippers.

Why is it treated any different to any other potential illness, the savvy clubs will get their whole squad infected, quarantined and cured asap and then be back in training and hit the ground running as soon as fixtures resume.

Thats us fucked then, Cook will have em on the piss somewhere. (Team Bonding)

Cannot see any chance of a resumption before July to be honest,The graph produced by the government showed the peak spread over May ,June and July and there is no way they can play during that!Odds on the season being voided are shortening all the time!!

I'll take voiding the whole season all day long! I still fear we'll go down so by hook or by crook!

I still believe the idea will be to isolate the playing squads etc. and start up behind closed doors in three to four weeks.

If the squads are isolated for two to three weeks they should be virus free and therefore no reason that they couldn't play behind closed door games.

They wont be able to isolate the players coaching, training ground staff etc families so the risk will always be there. But the good thing is with all of the players being young and healthy the effects of the virus wont likely be too detrimental as it could be for other people.

The government was very afraid of having behind closed door games as it would lead to more gatherings in pubs and such and they said those type of situations are drastically more likely to spread the infection. So we may end up not just with games played behind closed doors but not even broadcast live or a ban on public broadcasting.

Why is it treated any different to any other potential illness, the savvy clubs will get their whole squad infected, quarantined and cured asap and then be back in training and hit the ground running as soon as fixtures resume.

I guess we’ll have to defer to the medical/scientific advice as to the why. From what I gather it’s very contagious and creates significant health complications for at risk groups. It’s a new disease and as the experts say not fully understood. Savvy or not clubs won’t go infecting players as they would pass it on to their family friends and won’t be kept away in quarantine.

I still believe the idea will be to isolate the playing squads etc. and start up behind closed doors in three to four weeks.

If the squads are isolated for two to three weeks they should be virus free and therefore no reason that they couldn't play behind closed door games.

Footballers have lives too and aren’t going to be locked away. When that ends they will likely catch it as the peak isn’t expected for a couple of months.

Personally I'd prefer them to void the season... We stay up and Liverpool don't get a title. Shame Bolton stay up, but I'll take that to keep the title out of the hands of the dippers.

Now there is a choice. To be honest we’d never hear the end of it from the scousers, there would be candlelight vigils and all sorts. I think I’d rather Bolton drop as they are more rivals and competitors than the dippers.

Anyone who genuinely likes football would not want Liverpool to not win the title this year.......they are a very good team,play some wonderful football and with their record points tally last year,and this,thoroughly deserve to win the title.

Anyone who genuinely likes football would not want Liverpool to not win the title this year.......they are a very good team,play some wonderful football and with their record points tally last year,and this,thoroughly deserve to win the title.

I agree Charlz .............. and Klopp is a top bloke .............. but the fans ! ........ and even worse, the bloody massed army of armchair fans !!!

It'll be great to watch the fallout.

If they're that good, they'll win it in 2021.
(y)

I genuinely like football and never want to see Liverpool and numerous other horrible clubs win owt ever 😉

Some folk wouldn't know good football or a good team if it bit em on the arse bro, Liverpool have romped the league this season by a country mile, well done to them!

People say their fans are horrible, none worse than City or United, but didnt hear all this animosity when they were winning trophies or the league.

Liverpool and their genuine fans deserve the title but to shut their armchair fans I hope the league is void this year.
I have never ever wanted an English team to lose a European cup game against foreign opposition until Wednesday night.

Liverpool and their genuine fans deserve the title but to shut their armchair fans I hope the league is void this year.
I have never ever wanted an English team to lose a European cup game against foreign opposition until Wednesday night.

So you dont want Liverpool to win the league and wanted them to lose on Wednesday because they have armchair fans?

Who would you like to win the league instead then?

So you dont want Liverpool to win the league and wanted them to lose on Wednesday because they have armchair fans?

Who would you like to win the league instead then?

I honestly dont care, what will be will be but I felt very satisfied at work next day amongst those mouthy plastic fans who've never been near Anfield this season.

I honestly dont care, what will be will be but I felt very satisfied at work next day amongst those mouthy plastic fans who've never been near Anfield this season.
And to the point earlier all non attending fans who big up "their" club never having been are knobs be they Liverpool, United or anyone - many can be found in Wigan pubs with worriers shirts on - special place in hell for them feckers

Now there is a choice. To be honest we’d never hear the end of it from the scousers, there would be candlelight vigils and all sorts. I think I’d rather Bolton drop as they are more rivals and competitors than the dippers.
It's a lose lose in that sense.

If they void it and Liverpool don't get the title, they'll moan something rotten. If they are awarded the title, they'll gloat something rotten.

I'm so used to scousers moaning, whining and complaining about everything and how nothing is ever their fault that I've learned to zone it out like I do with other irritating noises. The sound of gloating scousers would be far worse imho.

I'd even accept Bolton staying up to avoid the scousers being smug. They're bad enough without something to actually gloat about.

It's a lose lose in that sense.

If they void it and Liverpool don't get the title, they'll moan something rotten. If they are awarded the title, they'll gloat something rotten.

I'm so used to scousers moaning, whining and complaining about everything and how nothing is ever their fault that I've learned to zone it out like I do with other irritating noises. The sound of gloating scousers would be far worse imho.

I'd even accept Bolton staying up to avoid the scousers being smug. They're bad enough without something to actually gloat about.
Candle salesmen throughout the Northwest are rubbing their hands together 😂