Games Behind Closed Doors. | Vital Football

Games Behind Closed Doors.

RaggedTrouseredPhil

Vital Youth Team
How soon do you think the COVID19 virus will affect games in the UK?

We should be ok to play in front of fans at the DW because according to swathes of the mainstream media we play in an empty stadium anyway.

Do any of you think competitions will just be wrapped up as they stand? This is fairly unprecedented.
I just hope we're not in the bottom 3 if that happens.

I'm not that arsed to be honest, it'll be a tad better than watching some of the shite we get served up most weeks.

Watching Latics under this pillock has become a chore, a bit like the Warren Joyce days.

Season will be unlikely to be abandoned and teams promoted and relegated without season completed due to complications and legal challenges etc likely to come out of such action.

They'll likely try and play it out behind closed doors if it came to it and if it went further put everything on hold for a month and then try and bash out 2 games a week until we are done and push back end of season to accommodate.

No ideal situation at this point but the season will be finished one way or another - too much at stake for so many clubs to call the season off early.

I'm not that arsed to be honest, it'll be a tad better than watching some of the shite we get served up most weeks.

Watching Latics under this pillock has become a chore, ...............

Oh Norm, bro ......... you say this, acting all nowty, and uppety like, and yet, you were happy clapping like a good un on Sat'day .......

We will batter these men today,it's been coming and Luton will kop it.
4-0
Agree bro but i'm going for 2-0

Sometimes, it's as if we can't believe what you post, bro.

It’s almost inevitable in the next 10-14 days a decision will have to be taken in regards postponing games or playing behind closed door. It’ll be a nightmare for the football authorities with no obvious solution. It’s difficult to determine what will be the fairest solution to protect the integrity of the competitions. The problem is that it’s unknown how long the crisis will go on for, though modelling suggests most will get infected over a 9 week period.

Whatever suggestions there are there will be pros and cons and big financial and legal implications. I’ve no real faith in the intelligence of the footballing authorities and they seem motivated purely by money so I suspect they’ll plough on regardless, whatever the risks. Personally i think they should just suspend the competitions and reassess the options when further information is available.

That's why I would go hell for leather on Saturday just in case they suspend the league and take the position each team occupy as their final one. If they do suspend for say 6 to 8 weeks there won't be time to start again especially with the European competition this summer.

That's why I would go hell for leather on Saturday just in case they suspend the league and take the position each team occupy as their final one. If they do suspend for say 6 to 8 weeks there won't be time to start again especially with the European competition this summer.

Just hope they don't employ a pools panel type solution and get the "expert pundits" to predict the final results. :surrender:

It’s almost inevitable in the next 10-14 days a decision will have to be taken in regards postponing games or playing behind closed door. It’ll be a nightmare for the football authorities with no obvious solution. It’s difficult to determine what will be the fairest solution to protect the integrity of the competitions. The problem is that it’s unknown how long the crisis will go on for, though modelling suggests most will get infected over a 9 week period.

Whatever suggestions there are there will be pros and cons and big financial and legal implications. I’ve no real faith in the intelligence of the footballing authorities and they seem motivated purely by money so I suspect they’ll plough on regardless, whatever the risks. Personally i think they should just suspend the competitions and reassess the options when further information is available.
Think it's inevitable now. Couple of options to ponder - scub the leagues to date completely and re-set next season, freeze and call it final based on average pts per game, play behind closed doors, keep calm and carry on 😉.
In all scenarios except the last should we get a refund on season tickets pro rata ?
All food for thought 🤔

Think it's inevitable now. Couple of options to ponder - scub the leagues to date completely and re-set next season, freeze and call it final based on average pts per game, play behind closed doors, keep calm and carry on 😉.
In all scenarios except the last should we get a refund on season tickets pro rata ?
All food for thought 🤔

Financially it’ll hit the club. Something out of their control so I wouldn’t be claiming a season ticket refund personally.

No good options really. Suspend the league and then reassess the options once things become clearer I would say.

And there'll be the loss of revenue for the rest of the season .......... same here.
If the standard of football I'd seen had been even remotely decent this season, I wouldn't either. But aside from the few games, it's been absolute dross. I feel like the club has stolen my season ticket money anyway, since what we saw for the first 3/4 of the season barely even qualifies as football, so I'll be claiming whatever I can back.

They can chalk it up as another 'benefit' of keeping Cook in a job and flying in the face of all common sense.

Looking at how it is going my guess would be - if we all have to have a month off, that we'd end up playing 2 games a week until we blast through all of the remaining fixtures, and then have less pre Euro friendlies and less space between the play offs. Basically condence everything.

We've got 8 games after the weekend, or 11 if teams are in the play offs and 3 months before the Euros kick off. They can fit all that in if they need too.

....... so I'll be claiming whatever I can back.......

......and if we all do the same .......and there's no more revenue ......and there's still the same outgoings.......and we're already losing around £700k a month ......... and by some accounts, the owners have already got itchy feet ....... and we're another year from the Premier League money (ha !) .......and ...............

Well, you get the point.

......and if we all do the same .......and there's no more revenue ......and there's still the same outgoings.......and we're already losing around £700k a month ......... and by some accounts, the owners have already got itchy feet ....... and we're another year from the Premier League money (ha !) .......and ...............

Well, you get the point.
If they fire Cook, all will be forgiven.

Looking at how it is going my guess would be - if we all have to have a month off, that we'd end up playing 2 games a week until we blast through all of the remaining fixtures, and then have less pre Euro friendlies and less space between the play offs. Basically condence everything.

We've got 8 games after the weekend, or 11 if teams are in the play offs and 3 months before the Euros kick off. They can fit all that in if they need too.

They could cancel the play offs and give it to whoever finishes 3rd. That would save a few weeks and fair from a sporting point of view. Maybe bottom three play top three from league below if that makes sense to decide who goes up/down. Positions determined at point of shutdown. So Leeds for example play Norwich. Far from ideal but may give a resolution with an element of chance for those most affected to still have their fate in their own hands.

I think it’ll be dragged out until the international break and then that’ll be it. Would fit it with the predicted start of the ‘peak’. The big unknown is how long the shutdown would be for - last week they were suggesting most would get infected over a two month period which would effectively take us to June. Then realistically a couple of weeks training - but with the added problem of the euros. Maybe not so much of an issue for the efl but pl wouldn’t be able to re start. Another issue is players out of contract at end of June so would be a logistical nightmare to fit it all in. Suspend and then assess, but null and voiding the league maybe the only realistic option. Not sure there is a right or wrong decision though.

They could cancel the play offs and give it to whoever finishes 3rd. That would save a few weeks and fair from a sporting point of view. Maybe bottom three play top three from league below if that makes sense to decide who goes up/down. Positions determined at point of shutdown. So Leeds for example play Norwich. Far from ideal but may give a resolution with an element of chance for those most affected to still have their fate in their own hands.

I think it’ll be dragged out until the international break and then that’ll be it. Would fit it with the predicted start of the ‘peak’. The big unknown is how long the shutdown would be for - last week they were suggesting most would get infected over a two month period which would effectively take us to June. Then realistically a couple of weeks training - but with the added problem of the euros. Maybe not so much of an issue for the efl but pl wouldn’t be able to re start. Another issue is players out of contract at end of June so would be a logistical nightmare to fit it all in. Suspend and then assess, but null and voiding the league maybe the only realistic option. Not sure there is a right or wrong decision though.

I think in the end they'll work out a way to complete the season, i think anything else will be too hard to do. I think we need to prepare for a massive fixture back log and maybe even 3 games in a week for a few weeks.