Gabby Agbonlahor thread | Page 27 | Vital Football

Gabby Agbonlahor thread

Apparently, he's up for sale....not that anyone will waste their money on the fat waster.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/transfer-news-aston-villa-listen-10600307

Yes The Telegraph are carrying the same story JPA too! Please please! Allegedly Norwich were interested in him in the summer! Gabbs will like that with Delia being a cook too! Payment in pies and he will be happy

kefkat - 15/12/2015 00:31

Yes The Telegraph are carrying the same story JPA too! Please please! Allegedly Norwich were interested in him in the summer! Gabbs will like that with Delia being a cook too! Payment in pies and he will be happy

:19:

Been thinking about Gabby recently, even though he's really start to grate on me, I still think he offers more than our current options on in some positions.

Hopefully this lay off and recent critism has given him a kick up the back side, the rest of the team seem committed so id expect the same levels of energy from him if he plays. Unless of course he's spat his dummy out like nzogbia and is leaving imminently.

We know he's a confidence player and if this new fitness regime has got a bit extra pace out of him then he can cause problems.

He should be fighting tooth and nail to get back in this Villa side, your boyhood club in serious danger, and you can't even get yourself fit enough or put in enough of a shift to get considered for THIS Villa side!

I hear the "he should be given a chance" brigade, he shouldn't need a chance, he should be kicking Remi's door in and proving on the training pitch what he can do, his effort should demand a start.

For me, he has let us down, I would be expecting more out of myself.

He had his chance at the start of the season. And last season. And the season before that one...

BacunaMatata - 20/1/2016 07:15

He had his chance at the start of the season. And last season. And the season before that one...

He certainly did. Some may say he'll be ok in the Championship.... he maybe, but not with us. He's stale, he needs a challenge and new surroundings.

:14:

Yes,his time at Villa has been and gone and has been for at least 5 years

A 1 in 6 scoring rate in the last 5 years. Average 6 goals a season striker

The fact that some people still advocate him shows how far our expectations of players has fallen- the heart of our problems

Juan Mourep - 20/1/2016 00:03

He should be fighting tooth and nail to get back in this Villa side, your boyhood club in serious danger, and you can't even get yourself fit enough or put in enough of a shift to get considered for THIS Villa side!

I hear the "he should be given a chance" brigade, he shouldn't need a chance, he should be kicking Remi's door in and proving on the training pitch what he can do, his effort should demand a start.

Spot on dude.

I used to think we need him to stay, if not for his goal scoring exploits then for his love for the club. You need players in the dressing room who care about the club.

Unfortunately, looking at our local lads Gabby and Grealish, they both seem to have serious attitude problems. They may dislike the manager, his methods or the increased fitness coaching, but they are professionals, and if they truly love the club they will put their personal opinions to one side and give their all to the cause.

If they fail to do so they should look elsewhere.

Exactly spot on mate, no effort, apparently not even giving much of a shit about he situation, you'd have thought he'd be giving 150% to help our club get out of this mess. A real disgrace in my eyes right now, such a shame.

:1: :1: :1: Had to also agree with this Juan dude well said i also feel the same about Grealish tbh supposedly these Villans can't get motivated enough to help us fight for our lives,,,,well said dude!!

I am absolutely amazed that he was given a new contract fairly recently. More stupidity from above. You just couldn't make it up could you?..........

I don't watch them on the training pitch myself so absolutely no idea if he tries or not in training.
Also no idea if he's a disruptive influence or not again because I'm not there to see what he's up to.

In actual games he's had little to no impact for years - hard to see that changing tbh.
Only problem is that Gestede isn't any better

Shame the club don't seem arsed to actually buy a decent striker to go alongside Ayew

Ah well

Agreed Juan ...

Also agree bringbakMON you'd have thought after letting Benteke leave (and probably little to no choice there) they'd have realised we might actually need a proper replacement? If they had realised that, we'd most likely not be where we are in the league.