Gabby Agbonlahor thread | Vital Football

Gabby Agbonlahor thread

JMB96

Vital Squad Member
Since his name is brought up a fair bit on here for either praise, criticism, or just to be poked fun of for his weight I figured we could use a thread to talk all things Gabby. Dont take the piss too much now, he has feelings too. :94:

On a more serious note even Peter McParland had a pop at Gabby for no longer going past players like he used to , or words to that effect . On the after match interviews on the OS

It's crazy how it's his 10th premier league season for Villa! TENTH! I remember when I used to worship the bloke back when I was like 12 years old and he had just broken onto the scene lol.

BacunaMatata - 11/8/2015 00:38

It's crazy how it's his 10th premier league season for Villa! TENTH! I remember when I used to worship the bloke back when I was like 12 years old and he had just broken onto the scene lol.

Yeah, I remember that (I wasn't 12 Lol), he was like a breath of fresh air...... not any more though, very stale.

:21:

Gabby has had long enough to prove himself, he was effective in a good team under O'Neill and was one of our brighter prospects before then, but he's simply not going to get better imo, dunno if I would be getting rid just yet, he could be useful as an impact sub, he's still quick, but his finishing is a joke most of the time.

Get rid asap. Football has evolved since he broke on the scene.

Teams can work 'just pace' out now. Which is why players like lennon et al are surpless to requirements.

He is a waste of a shirt. Just like half a dozen of our players that need to go bye byes.

Good points:

Can sprint (and I mean sprint, not run) quite quick without the ball.

Bad points:

Cannot run at all with the ball at any pace.

No ball control/poor technique.

Poor finisher.

No idea at all on movement - amplified all the more by the new players.

Has five decent games per season max.

He's a minimum of a stone overweight.

He's 28 but looks 48.

In the three seasons leading up to his new contract in 2010 he scored 11>12>13 goals per season.

In 2010, having signed his new lucrative four and a half year deal, he scored *3* goals that season.

The last five seasons since he signed that contract and despite playing on average 30 games per season, his average goal return is just *5* goals per season - a 1 in 6 scoring record that most good midfielders would hope to match/beat ...

The guy is taking the piss out of you, me and anyone else who puts money into the club and as I've said for three years now, the club's aspirations are by definition limited while he's deemed good enough for the first team ...

Bonker You forgot he's loyal to the Villa. You can't put a price on loyalty!

oh yes you can ,sorry its 3m quid a season Half a million quid a goal if we are lucky ! or half a million per Yellow card

Long gone are the days when I was genuinely excited to watch him play. I am afraid he now falls into the category of players who are somehow still at the club [and indeed in the squad] in spite of having been so dour over the last few years and should be sold/released. We have to move on.