Fuel Crisis/Energy (Previously Meter Readings) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Fuel Crisis/Energy (Previously Meter Readings)

Had this from EON.

If you're having trouble logging in to your account, don't worry, you have until 9 April to give us your meter readings online for 31 March. Smart meter customers don't need to do anything as your readings will automatically be shared with us.

I don't for one minute believe all their websites are down. I reckon they're hoping that people will forget to submit their readings once they are back up and running so that they can give them an over-inflated estimated bill.

All these energy companies are parasites.

Let’s hope Ofgem will be all over them if they try and screw over customers.

Eon owe me £90 for missed appointments, that’s going to ofgem if they don’t resolve it.

What some don't quite realise yet as well, especially with the price of petrol/diesel so high as well, is the knock on effect on the price of our every day essentials.

Gulp... especially as so many were on the edge already.

What some don't quite realise yet as well, especially with the price of petrol/diesel so high as well, is the knock on effect on the price of our every day essentials.

Gulp... especially as so many were on the edge already.

A true double whammy - energy on production raises costs, petrol/diesel on delivery raises costs and the supermarkets won't take a hit.

A true double whammy - energy on production raises costs, petrol/diesel on delivery raises costs and the supermarkets won't take a hit.

And many a small business won't be able to take a hit, and will face bankruptcy sadly. So many businesses are already on rocky ground due to the pandemic.

And many a small business won't be able to take a hit, and will face bankruptcy sadly. So many businesses are already on rocky ground due to the pandemic.

Yup, the biggest hit (which wouldn't be popular) is the major players take at least 50% of the hit themselves and cut bonuses and cut shareholder dividends to help offset, but they won't. Some businesses aren't in that position though so they'll disappear with normal folks sharing the hit.

Couldn't have been more badly timed with Covid, but if there was less energy use it makes even more of a mockery we didn't build storage as the initial hike was just pure profiteering from OPEC.

I don't for one minute believe all their websites are down. I reckon they're hoping that people will forget to submit their readings once they are back up and running so that they can give them an over-inflated estimated bill.

Sadly this is the truth, they have a board of directors who need their 6 or 7 figure bonuses plus shareholders to answer to. The whole capitalist system is reaching breaking point for the masses whilst the "elite" clear up

Yep and business rates are returning to their full amount after the reduction during covid. VAT going back up to 20% for the hospitality sector which will hit Hotels, Restaurants, Pubs etc.

Yup, the biggest hit (which wouldn't be popular) is the major players take at least 50% of the hit themselves and cut bonuses and cut shareholder dividends to help offset, but they won't. Some businesses aren't in that position though so they'll disappear with normal folks sharing the hit.

Couldn't have been more badly timed with Covid, but if there was less energy use it makes even more of a mockery we didn't build storage as the initial hike was just pure profiteering from OPEC.
Protest group, Just stop Oil, are disrupting distribution of fuel at depos all around the country.
Sick of this fuckin lot.

Protest group, Just stop Oil, are disrupting distribution of fuel at depos all around the country.
Sick of this fuckin lot.
Morning mate. I read this earlier. Just wish the tanker drivers would just run over them and the cops drag the bodies out of the way.

Morning mate. I read this earlier. Just wish the tanker drivers would just run over them and the cops drag the bodies out of the way.
Yes, agree.
This will give the forecourt owners another excuse to hike the price.
There's a big spontaneous backlash building if this lot and insulate Britain start again.

On a basic level, people submitting readings via an app are making post requests to their API (well this is one way it could be structured). It would be easy to slow the rate at which this can happen. No doubt the traffic would be intense, so they could slow this down just to preserve the app itself but I'd imagine they would have been briefed to make things go a lot slower in order to make people frustrated and not bother.

On a basic level, people submitting readings via an app are making post requests to their API (well this is one way it could be structured). It would be easy to slow the rate at which this can happen. No doubt the traffic would be intense, so they could slow this down just to preserve the app itself but I'd imagine they would have been briefed to make things go a lot slower in order to make people frustrated and not bother.

It's funny that this morning the Scottish Power website is up and running again. I can't get into my account but I could if I wanted to get a quote for electricity and gas as a new customer. They really don't want people to submit their meter readings and are doing everything possible to stop it happening.

My local Tesco seems to be increasing prices on a daily basis. There is a lot of profiteering going on with the blame being put on the war, energy prices etc etc.

The British Gas site is still down so could'nt get into my account but the online form for readings was ok. Managed to send them after about four attempts. Wait and seewhat happens next.

One big racket isn't it , Gas Electric water Telephones Railways and Buses should never have been privatised, it's one massive shambles now :clown:

Drives me mad. They could have been released into the modern business world, whilst remaining in control, they could have been done at a profit which should and could have then been ploughed back into the country, as opposed into shareholders pockets.