Fuel Crisis/Energy (Previously Meter Readings) | Vital Football

Fuel Crisis/Energy (Previously Meter Readings)

astonion2

Vital 1st Team Regular
I know its been mentioned before in the money savings thread but I would suggest everybody takes a METER READING today even if you have a smart meter. If you dont and the energy provider charges you the new prices for the energy you used before April 1st how will you know what the readings were today, and then how can you contest the bill.
Martin Lewis the MoneySavingExpert has suggested we all take a photograph of our meters showing the readings so that we can prove them if needed but I cant see many of us doing that. At least if you have a reading you will know if they are trying to rip you off and we should all complain to the Regulator if it happens.

I took mine this morning. Tried to log on to Shell Energy website to submit them and low and behold the website is down.

Been trying for an hour.

So either the volume of people doing this is just to high, or as I suspect they've taken it down on purpose to prevent people submitting accurate readings.

I took mine this morning. Tried to log on to Shell Energy website to submit them and low and behold the website is down.

Been trying for an hour.

So either the volume of people doing this is just to high, or as I suspect they've taken it down on purpose to prevent people submitting accurate readings.
Same with me mate. British Gas.

Shell, British Gas, EON, EDF and Scottish Power sites are all down. They are saying the sheer numbers of people trying to submit their reading have caused their sites to crash. Shell have said if you have a problem send them an e mail with your account number and readings. I will wait until tonight and if I cant log on to BG will do the same.

My fixed deal ends in a month, so I guess the websites will have sorted themselves out by then.

In related news Martin Lewis has just ripped the government a new one over this on 5 Live. So good I sat in the car on the drive for 10 mins listening.

Have just tried to log into British Gas and there is a message on screen saying that so many people are trying to submit their readings its crashed the system. They are saying take a reading and once they get it sorted there will be a form and they will accept readings for a few days after today and will ensure that we get an accurate bill.

Jammy Bugger. I had a fixed deal until October but my provider went bump and the regulator moved me to BG
Same here, and I got moved to Octopus.
They told me I had to stay with them and couldn't go elsewhere, but I ignored them and switched to EONEXT, who said Octopus were trying it on.
The switch went more or less straight through after supplying photo readings in email attachment.
They are all full of bull shit.

I don't for one minute believe all their websites are down. I reckon they're hoping that people will forget to submit their readings once they are back up and running so that they can give them an over-inflated estimated bill.

All these energy companies are parasites.